Jump to content

The Bus (Honolulu, HI)


busfreak99
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Williamv said:

Does anyone know for sure whether these are electric buses? Or could they be diesel buses? We assumed fleet numbers beginning with 29, 35, 40 and 60 were reserved for electrics. But I can’t find any records of Honolulu ordering 60-foot electric buses. It would be unfortunate and confusing if all new buses, regardless of propulsion system, were grouped together in the same numbering. Either way, we would all like to know what we are getting. 

Those are XD60, theirs a lot of those on order.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Earlier this week, President Biden and the FTA announced $409,274,220 in funding for 70 transportation projects in 39 states under the new infrastructure law. Hawaii’s share in the first of five years is $4,711,900.

“The City and County of Honolulu will receive funding to buy electric buses to replace older buses that have exceeded their useful life. This project will improve air quality and the safety and reliability of transit service for residents in Honolulu.”

So with orders in place for numerous 40 and 60-foot diesel buses, Hawaii can now turn its attention to building up its electric fleet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2022 at 1:21 AM, Williamv said:

Does anyone know for sure whether these are electric buses? Or could they be diesel buses? We assumed fleet numbers beginning with 29, 35, 40 and 60 were reserved for electrics. But I can’t find any records of Honolulu ordering 60-foot electric buses. It would be unfortunate and confusing if all new buses, regardless of propulsion system, were grouped together in the same numbering. Either way, we would all like to know what we are getting. 

Contradicting data here. 6000 series would indicate electric but if they are driving it down, it would look like diesel or hybrid. I would like to know about it too since there isnt much info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Pink_91119 said:

Contradicting data here. 6000 series would indicate electric but if they are driving it down, it would look like diesel or hybrid. I would like to know about it too since there isnt much info.

In many cities there would be an article in the newspaper or an item on the TV news. For some reason, Honolulu, OTS and the local media treat new bus procurements like a military secret.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Williamv said:

In many cities there would be an article in the newspaper or an item on the TV news. For some reason, Honolulu, OTS and the local media treat new bus procurements like a military secret.

Lol very true. I mean, its all public records but its just if you are willing to search for it I guess

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Random question but…

Does anyone have a relatively high quality picture of the seats on the 20/30 series optima opus buses and the 70-90 series D60LF seats? Also, as I remember them, the 70 series seat pattern was color bands in an upside down v pattern. Any confirmation on this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have informed that 6001-6015 are gonna come soon

and 3502-3505 as for now.

3501 is not running due to the AC being broken, more information will be explained.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PrimeTio said:

6022 is en-route for delivery 

6022? How big is the order? Have we confirmed whether these are XD, XDE, or XE yet? I’m still unsure of what this order is and why they would go with 6000 if it’s not electric. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
 

Hawaii will receive more than $61 million in federal funding to address transportation needs, U.S. Rep. Ed Case, D-Hawaii, announced on Wednesday.

A total of $61,101,570 in funds from the Federal Transit Administration was appropriated for Hawaii as part of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Package.

“The funds will enable transportation agencies throughout our state to buy new buses, address their repair backlogs, modernize their fleets, and transition to new technologies to address the climate crisis,” said Case, a member of the House appropriations committee.

The funding represents the latest in a series of BIP disbursements to the state. The first round of disbursements in December directed $49 million for Hawaii airports. In January, the state was appropriated $339 million of funding over five years to repair and maintain the state’s bridges and culverts. 

“BIP will eventually deliver some $3 billion to our state for roads and bridges, water infrastructure, climate resilience projects, access to the Internet and much more,” Case said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So far I believe 6001-6015 are in Pearl City right now, I have seen some XD60 2022 Modules at Pearl City Facility, I couldn’t see the rest, I only saw units 6002, 6004,  6005, 6013 and 6007.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2022 at 9:08 AM, Dez said:

Does anyone know why Route C doesn’t have articulated buses no more?

Not sure, but it’s likely because articulated buses are needed more on Route 20. Pearl City took over that route when it was combined with Route 19.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...