Jump to content
busfreak99

The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

Recommended Posts

Maybe if we could eliminate the maps and graphics with the ”sneaky bus” posts they wouldn’t take up so much space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Williamv said:

Maybe if we could eliminate the maps and graphics with the ”sneaky bus” posts they wouldn’t take up so much space.

That’s a start, it would be amazing if they disappeared completely. Reminds me of that user Princess Daisy D that was on here awhile ago and only worried about the GPS signals on the vehicles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changes to the kalihi routes found at the HEA

ROUTE MODIFICATIONS EFFECTIVE SUNDAY, AUGUST 23, 2020

 

As directed by the City and County of Honolulu, Department of Transportation Services, the following major modifications will be implemented effective SUNDAY, AUGUST 23, 2020:

 

KALIHI DIVISION 

Route 1L, KALIHI – HAWAII KAI LIMITED  

Route 1L will no longer provide service along School Street and will be renamed Route 1L, Kalihi – Hawaii Kai Limited.  Route 1L will be realigned from School Street to North King Street deleting the Liliha Street to Kamehameha IV Road segment and providing “LIMITED STOP” service between Kalihi Transit Center and Kahala Mall. 

Eastbound:  From Kalihi Transit Center TheBus will operate “LIMITED” service via right Middle Street, right King Street to Waialae Avenue/Hunakai Street, and then resume regular “LOCAL” service along eastbound route.  

Westbound: TheBus will travel the regular westbound route to Beretania Street/Punchbowl Street, continue “LIMITED” service via Beretania Street, King Street, Kaua Street, left Middle Street, left Kalihi Transit Center.  

Route 2, WAIKIKI – SCHOOL – MIDDLE

Route 2 terminus will be relocated to 18th Avenue/Opposite Iwalani Place from the Kapiolani Community College parking lot.  It will be modified as follows: 

Eastbound:  TheBus will travel the regular eastbound route to Diamond Head Road/Makapuu Avenue, left Makapuu Avenue,  right Kilauea Avenue, rt 18th Avenue. 

Westbound: From 18th Avenue, TheBus will travel right Diamond Head Road to Diamond Head Road/Makapuu Avenue, and then resume the regular westbound route. 

Route 2L, WAIKIKI – SCHOOL – MIDDLE LIMITED 

Route 2L will be discontinued. 

Route 67, HONOLULU – KAILUA – WAIMANALO – SEA LIFE PARK 

Route 67 will be renamed Route 67, Honolulu – Kailua – Waimanalo, will no longer provide service to Sea Life Park and will have the west terminus changed to Kalanianaole Highway/Nalu Street.   

Route 413, CAMPBELL INDUSTRIAL PARK 

Service to Barbers Point Harbor and Campbell Industrial Park will be provided during the A.M. and P.M. peak only and Barbers Point Harbor will be serviced first in the westbound direction.  Off peak service will be provided to and from Kapolei Business Park (Lauwiliwili Street) only.  

Kapolei Transit Center To/From Barbers Point Harbor and Campbell Industrial Park 

Eastbound: From Kalaeloa Boulevard, TheBus will travel left Komohana Street, left Kauhi Street, right Oihana Street, left Malakole Street, right Kalaeloa Boulevard, and then resume the regular eastbound route. 

Westbound: TheBus will travel the regular westbound route to Kapolei Parkway/Kalaeloa Boulevard, left Lauwiliwili (mauka), left Kalaeloa Boulevard, right Malakole Street, enter Marisco parking lot, counter-clockwise through the parking lot, left Malakole Street, right Kalaeloa Boulevard to Kalaeloa Boulevard/Komohana Street. 

Kapolei Transit Center To/From Kapolei Business Park 

Eastbound:  From Lauwiliwili, TheBus will travel right Kalaeloa Boulevard, and then resume the regular eastbound route. 

Westbound: TheBus will travel the regular route to Kapolei Parkway/Kalaeloa Boulevard, left Lauwiliwili (makai). 

 
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, honolulu_phantom said:

Enough of these GPS posts!!!!!

Why? Is there a problem or something?                       not to be rude

Others or even not complaining about me posting GPS or "sneaky buses"

But I not trying to be rude to you or anybody here In this topic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's just assumed that with pandemic transit service that vehicles will be utilized that best meet the level of ridership on any particular route.

Maybe a "I've noticed 60 footers have been added to route XX likely due to COVID distancing" statement would suffice, or "bus XXX entered service today for the first time". In addition, we trust that when someone on this board says something like that we don't have to go and fact check it with the transit tracker; the evidentiary screen shot is probably overkill for most.

I certainly can appreciate the hunt of special assignments, but there are likely going to be a ton of special assignments both due to the passenger count technology and scheduling software that TheBus employs (which everyone has an opinion about) to ensure that social distancing measures can occur. I can appreciate the transit fanning, but we can all transit fan from the comfort of hea.thebus.org.

Just trying to be helpful - I appreciate the hobby and appreciate anyone who shares the same hobby.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jared Kam said:

I think it's just assumed that with pandemic transit service that vehicles will be utilized that best meet the level of ridership on any particular route.

Maybe a "I've noticed 60 footers have been added to route XX likely due to COVID distancing" statement would suffice, or "bus XXX entered service today for the first time". In addition, we trust that when someone on this board says something like that we don't have to go and fact check it with the transit tracker; the evidentiary screen shot is probably overkill for most.

I certainly can appreciate the hunt of special assignments, but there are likely going to be a ton of special assignments both due to the passenger count technology and scheduling software that TheBus employs (which everyone has an opinion about) to ensure that social distancing measures can occur. I can appreciate the transit fanning, but we can all transit fan from the comfort of hea.thebus.org.

Just trying to be helpful - I appreciate the hobby and appreciate anyone who shares the same hobby.

Spot on Jared!

11 hours ago, The bus Honolulu hunters said:

Why? Is there a problem or something?                       not to be rude

Others or even not complaining about me posting GPS or "sneaky buses"

But I not trying to be rude to you or anybody here In this topic

The problem is you send out a post for every non standard assignment. I’m not being rude, I’m merely suggesting we don’t need a long winded post each time there’s a vehicle on a route not normally seen on. This has been going on for years here and there. Examples include coverage assignments or when vehicles transfer facilities. Judging by your grammar or lack of, I assume you’re younger, just take the friendly advice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...