busfreak99

The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

Might have had to use an orange version of the rear destination sign, I'm assuming it was white before?

On 3/8/2019 at 3:23 PM, ieko said:

All 1999 D60LF's are considered retired.

Saw retired bus #78 running with no GPS on route 1 today, March 18. Is this because bus #881 has been out of service for awhile? Is there going to be a bus #889 or are we replacing 10 buses with 9?

On 3/17/2019 at 11:45 AM, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Bus 883 has a orange lighting destination on the back portion of the bus?

20190317_084258.jpg

3 hours ago, ieko said:

Total of 9 buses unfortunately.

883 rear sign is white, 78 was finally retired today.

Ok so is the sign orange or white 

31 minutes ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

Okay why 9? And which one (1) has a rear Orange LED?

You’ll have to ask the person who takes care of ordering buses at The Bus

Wouldn’t be surprised if OTS orders a 60-foot electric bus to make up the difference. New Flyer is offering such a model, and it is eligible for federal funding. That would give TheBus a couple years for testing before the next large batches of 60-foot articulated buses are due for replacement. In the meantime, we can expect fewer and fewer purchases of diesel equipment. 

On 9/25/2018 at 6:46 AM, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

Yes. But right now it'll only show the buses that are coming soon.  

Deffinetly. And what is the Windward Route Design? So then that means the cleaning woman must've kicked the plug again. 

They better fix it. It’s been like that for over 4 months.

5 hours ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

What do you mean by there is no Amber?

There is no orange rear destination sign on the 880-888 series New Flyer buses

I am pretty sure you have to be a certain age to post stuff on the CPTDB. And being 6 years old and posting self explanatory crap that a 3 year old could understand is not very helpful. I suggest that you try posting important stuff than questions that could easily be answered by reading the last 4 or 5 posts above yours.

Also I remeber reading somewhere that you are not aloud to post stuff  on this board that could be found out through a simple google search

@A. Wong @Articulated, something should be done with this person and posting self explanatory content and questions that could easily be answered through a google search on this board.

14 hours ago, Thomasw said:

I am pretty sure you have to be a certain age to post stuff on the CPTDB. And being 6 years old and posting self explanatory crap that a 3 year old could understand is not very helpful. I suggest that you try posting important stuff than questions that could easily be answered by reading the last 4 or 5 posts above yours.

Also I remeber reading somewhere that you are not aloud to post stuff  on this board that could be found out through a simple google search

@A. Wong @Articulated, something should be done with this person and posting self explanatory content and questions that could easily be answered through a google search on this board.

I'm not 3 4 5 and 6. I just didn't know and didn't hear that meaning before. And besides. And would you not say that to me?

2 minutes ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

I'm not 3 4 5 and 6. I just didn't know and didn't hear that meaning before. And besides. And would you not say that to me?

And please be more nice. And stop being mean to me just because I just didn't get something. 

14 hours ago, Thomasw said:

THEN WHY DOES THE PICTURE LOOK LIKE THERE IS AN ORANGE LED?

2 hours ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

THEN WHY DOES THE PICTURE LOOK LIKE THERE IS AN ORANGE LED?

You can hardly see the bus in that picture, so there is no way of telling if that sign was white, orange, green, red or blue. If someone could get a better picture were we are able to see the rear destination sign of bus 883 clearly that would be very help full in solving this debate.

2 hours ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

And please be more nice. And stop being mean to me just because I just didn't get something. 

I know your not 3,4,5 or six. It was just an over exaggeration. Just, next time, try to reread at least 5 posts above yours to see if that answers your question before posting it

Im sorry if I was rude/ mean in my previous post.

3 hours ago, Thomasw said:

You can hardly see the bus in that picture, so there is no way of telling if that sign was white, orange, green, red or blue. If someone could get a better picture were we are able to see the rear destination sign of bus 883 clearly that would be very help full in solving this debate.

I know your not 3,4,5 or six. It was just an over exaggeration. Just, next time, try to reread at least 5 posts above yours to see if that answers your question before posting it

Im sorry if I was rude/ mean in my previous post.

Okay. So 880 - 888 is White LED then. 

Really sorry for the awful quality photo, I happened to catch 883 on my way home and it definitely has an orange rear destination sign. As for where it's from I have no idea - while 70 had an orange front destination sign, it had the retro green rear sign like the other retired buses.

TheBus has a habit of experimenting with things though. Hopefully someone can catch a decent photo of 883 to settle the air.

20190320_175707_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

My guess is the sign was problematic and needed to be replaced, and they only had orange LED on the shelf in maintenance.  Hopefully the sign is well under warranty and will be replaced with a white one when it gets in from Luminator (and that they don't just leave the orange one on this bus and keep the white one for backstock...).

17 hours ago, Jared Kam said:

My guess is the sign was problematic and needed to be replaced, and they only had orange LED on the shelf in maintenance.  Hopefully the sign is well under warranty and will be replaced with a white one when it gets in from Luminator (and that they don't just leave the orange one on this bus and keep the white one for backstock...).

Did Bus 883 used to be a White LED on the back? Is it all orange on every single LED on 883? Well ya know , 70 did have an Orange LED on the top front of TheBus only.

1 hour ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

What happened? I’ll have to call TheBus as soon as I can.

You might want to check out the website sutrakusa.com

Could have been removed for repairs but the bus may have had to go back in service before the sign was fixed for some reason such as a bus shortage