Jump to content
busfreak99

The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

Recommended Posts

On 1/30/2019 at 2:55 PM, Alika.valdez1234 said:

This NFI 880 seems like a hybrid but it's a diesel breed!!!! Sorry no Sound. My microphone on my smartphone is broken! Cummins ISL9 Voith Transmission

 

 

So while riding the Bus #880, that 880s series has two seats in the middle besides four seats (one the left and one on the right). And I mentioned before that the 880s series had blue tinted windows, well not all of the 880s has, Bus #880 has blue tinted windows on the rear doors and even the windows on the back of the bus (where I'm sitting in the video) leaving all the other windows clear with no tint, but I remember me and my bus driver friend saw Bus #882 and that one has blue tint on all the windows. I remember @Jared Kam mentioned before in this topic that the OTS is always beta testing on each buses that they order. So if Bus #880 is the beta bus that means that 881-88x has blue tint on all the windows besides Bus #880. I will find out more information from my friend. And let me know guys if you see 880-88x around and take some pictures and video too to see the difference these buses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured I'd post an update -- :p although I guess maybe there's a chance you guys enjoy speculating more?

-- yes we have the 880's in the yard, they're working on putting the rest of them out.. just some minor stuff they have to fix before they do.

-- Gillig's will arrive in May, 8 of them. Not sure if we will retire anything, may need the vehicles for service changes.

-- nothing new in regards to real-time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ieko said:

I figured I'd post an update -- :p although I guess maybe there's a chance you guys enjoy speculating more?

-- yes we have the 880's in the yard, they're working on putting the rest of them out.. just some minor stuff they have to fix before they do.

-- Gillig's will arrive in May, 8 of them. Not sure if we will retire anything, may need the vehicles for service changes.

-- nothing new in regards to real-time.

Good information! Any idea when the electric Gilligs will arrive for the pilot project?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ieko said:

-- Gillig's will arrive in May, 8 of them. Not sure if we will retire anything, may need the vehicles for service changes.

Geez I had to read that a few times - 8 buses total?  Seems like a pretty small order...to replace the last 300's still?  720-728?

I think it's about time we start seeing some big orders coming in, namely to replace 803-835 (since 801 and 802 are refurbished I would imagine they will justify holding onto them longer) and to start replacing the first rainbow buses (501-555; 835-853).  I imagine the last 880's will replace the remaining 2000 New Flyer D60LF's, or will they hold onto those even longer?

I know TheBus is known for having one of the best maintenance programs according to Cummins, but they are playing an interesting game of "let's see how long we can keep these buses on the road".  Most agencies will auction their buses off to other non-government bus industries (think ART in Anaheim) to squeeze the last few years of regular service life out of retired buses...guessing that TheBus is just continuing to use these buses for their own benefit until they die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ieko said:

I figured I'd post an update -- :p although I guess maybe there's a chance you guys enjoy speculating more?

-- yes we have the 880's in the yard, they're working on putting the rest of them out.. just some minor stuff they have to fix before they do.

-- Gillig's will arrive in May, 8 of them. Not sure if we will retire anything, may need the vehicles for service changes.

-- nothing new in regards to real-time.

How many? 

2 hours ago, Jared Kam said:

Geez I had to read that a few times - 8 buses total?  Seems like a pretty small order...to replace the last 300's still?  720-728?

I think it's about time we start seeing some big orders coming in, namely to replace 803-835 (since 801 and 802 are refurbished I would imagine they will justify holding onto them longer) and to start replacing the first rainbow buses (501-555; 835-853).  I imagine the last 880's will replace the remaining 2000 New Flyer D60LF's, or will they hold onto those even longer?

I know TheBus is known for having one of the best maintenance programs according to Cummins, but they are playing an interesting game of "let's see how long we can keep these buses on the road".  Most agencies will auction their buses off to other non-government bus industries (think ART in Anaheim) to squeeze the last few years of regular service life out of retired buses...guessing that TheBus is just continuing to use these buses for their own benefit until they die.

I'm not to sure about that. 

21 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Here!

I want to ride that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

image.thumb.png.4575172eda0b4543636505c227c1c52c.pnganother GPS error.

Is there really a need to post about every GPS error and when you do post about them could your specify what is wrong with the GPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thomasw said:

Is there really a need to post about every GPS error and when you do post about them could your specify what is wrong with the GPS

Well I cannot control the GPS and it's a GPS error. And for that , none of you know what bus it is until you go there and you see what the real bus is. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 6:36 PM, ieko said:

I figured I'd post an update -- :p although I guess maybe there's a chance you guys enjoy speculating more?

-- yes we have the 880's in the yard, they're working on putting the rest of them out.. just some minor stuff they have to fix before they do.

-- Gillig's will arrive in May, 8 of them. Not sure if we will retire anything, may need the vehicles for service changes.

-- nothing new in regards to real-time.

Will they be for kalihi or pearl city the 8 buses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 9:44 AM, Only1Moore said:

If it is the new diesel Gilligs, it’ll be 709-716. 

Probably the new buses arriving this year on May will be numbered that way as 709-716. We’ll see my uncle sees anything in the yard at Kalihi bus facility or Pearl city Manana bus facilty! Hopefully it will because it’s weird seeing 941-949 as the only diesel buses listed in the 900s series!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Surprise! 880 has blue windows now! What a shocking moment! Tinted so late!

20190223_105107.jpg

So either if I'm wrong or right? Maybe they were also renumbered because look at the two pictures. The camera and the unit numbers were aligned different right?

 

 

Screenshot_20190224-092031_Gallery.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

So either if I'm wrong or right? Maybe they were also renumbered because look at the two pictures. The camera and the unit numbers were aligned different right?

 

 

Screenshot_20190224-092031_Gallery.jpg

I can see a difference now. Also I see that 880 number has moved when the windows were tinted. I wonder what happened.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...