busfreak99

The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

535 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

AuditorMSP deserves 0 subscribers and or less subscribers. Anyways , they're not a waste of freaking time. 

I can understand being defensive about the idea, but there's no need for such a sour reaction. 

1 hour ago, kainoa3 said:

So the 700-series (if they are back and running) will not have GPS activated? In that case could we please get some pictures as well as a temp roster from those of you on the island and in the know? Thanks to all of you! 

I might as well give it a shot to see if there's any 1996 Phantoms running out there on my free time (just in case). 

54 minutes ago, BusDude808 said:

Okay, by reading that comment, we obviously know you are a child (Under 13 I am assuming)

Once again I have to agree with Rotidua on this. GPS is always inaccurate. Also just letting you know that "No GPS" actually means that a bus and its driver is not assigned to that particular route (I acutally know this since my coworker also works for OTS)

In other words, OTS will NEVER bring a bus that was retired back to the streets. That mean that the 700s will never be back on that streets (it's a waste of money)

Any busses with out security cameras, will be retired by the end of this year

I'm not 13 or under. Anyways , I never seen that before.

I'm 28.

Is it fair too assume that post silence means that the 700's aren't actually back? 

26 minutes ago, kainoa3 said:

Is it fair too assume that post silence means that the 700's aren't actually back? 

I guess so, I am assuming that they will do donated to another island or probably the NEX

According to the HEA, 674 was on route A today, 675 and 677 were on route 55 and 676 was on the PH3 Express. Could the slowest rollout of new buses in the history of the world finally be resuming?

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Williamv said:

According to the HEA, 674 was on route A today, 675 and 677 were on route 55 and 676 was on the PH3 Express. Could the slowest rollout of new buses in the history of the world finally be resuming?

I saw on the GPS.

As a heads-up, there's a few more Kalihi Phantoms that are being decommissioned and mothballed for second-life service. Oahu Transit Services donated 7 units to the struggling Hele-On Bus company. More of those donations may be underway en route for the Big Island. 

http://bigislandnow.com/2017/06/30/honolulu-donates-buses-to-big-island/

For context behind the struggle: http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/local-news/bus-woes-escalate-almost-half-hele-bus-fleet-broken-down & http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2017/04/26/video-hele-on-headaches-mass-transit-head-steps-down/

Here are the pictures taken by the Star-Advertiser...

WDA-BUS-DONATION-10-.jpg

WDA-BUS-DONATION-9-.jpg

In addition, I've been monitoring the 1997 and 1998 Phantoms to see which ones are active and MiA. Here's my speculations. 

Missing in Action: 320, 331, 340, 351, 352, 354-356, 358, 360, 361, 364, 365. 

Eliminated: 308, [341-347 (see pic above)], 353. 

The ones that aren't listed on either of the two should be active. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the 70-series New Flyers, bid proposal number 916906A on the Honolulu Division of Purchasing may signal the coming of 880-889 (New Flyer XD60 units). I heard from one of my operator friend that when those get pulled out of service and mothballed, they're going to be shipped to a transit company in the mainland. As nice as that sounds, I can't really confirm it to be true. 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Rotidua said:

As a heads-up, there's a few more Kalihi Phantoms that are being decommissioned and mothballed for second-life service. Oahu Transit Services donated 7 units to the struggling Hele-On Bus company. More of those donations may be underway en route for the Big Island. 

http://bigislandnow.com/2017/06/30/honolulu-donates-buses-to-big-island/

For context behind the struggle: http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/local-news/bus-woes-escalate-almost-half-hele-bus-fleet-broken-down & http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2017/04/26/video-hele-on-headaches-mass-transit-head-steps-down/

Here are the pictures taken by the Star-Advertiser...

WDA-BUS-DONATION-10-.jpg

WDA-BUS-DONATION-9-.jpg

In addition, I've been monitoring the 1997 and 1998 Phantoms to see which ones are active and MiA. Here's my speculations. 

Missing in Action: 320, 331, 340, 351, 352, 354-356, 358, 360, 361, 364, 365. 

Eliminated: 308, [341-347 (see pic above)], 353. 

The ones that aren't listed on either of the two should be active. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the 70-series New Flyers, bid proposal number 916906A on the Honolulu Division of Purchasing may signal the coming of 880-889 (New Flyer XD60 units). I heard from one of my operator friend that when those get pulled out of service and mothballed, they're going to be shipped to a transit company in the mainland. As nice as that sounds, I can't really confirm it to be true. 

Yes. I saw that in the news. Some of the #300s are going to the big island. As I heard from 2 Bus drivers , #367 is refurbished and is Yellow Bus with Red Seats, and probably by now, #775 - #779 should have Red Seats and still be Yellow Color. As I heard, #880 - #885 is Quiet. And #885 has Blue LED Lights and #880 - #882 is running now. No GPS.

image.thumb.jpeg.381e6bfbd61b8148e458f5164fb6072f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1dfc7dc30daf2ad751a4f216d3596286.jpegYesterday I took #178 on 42. And there was #963 on A and #268 on 55. Pretty much yesterday there were a lot of rare routes on buses yesterday.

image.thumb.jpeg.ed993692d77f1a4573a3c45128a45bdd.jpegA few days ago , #101 turned Rainbow. Picture taken by USA 4 Life Bus driver.

1 person likes this

Any idea where #187 and #954 is? Recently they have been having No GPS. #187 I have not seen on the road recently and seen #954 with No GPS. 

On 7/15/2017 at 11:31 AM, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

Any idea where #187 and #954 is? Recently they have been having No GPS. #187 I have not seen on the road recently and seen #954 with No GPS. 

#954 was on Route 31 this afternoon.