The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

busfreak99

On 4/19/2022 at 9:08 AM, Dez said:

Does anyone know why Route C doesn’t have articulated buses no more?

I suppose the reason would be for the increase in capacity needed on the 20 since the frequency between buses dropped with the 19/20 merger. I've never been on the C but if OTS is shifting buses around I wouldn't be surprised if ridership dropped a bit on the C. 

On 4/26/2022 at 8:24 AM, Williamv said:

image.thumb.png.c79c454b8b6ec80db504f4d69559d0ea.png

Listed on CPTDB Wiki as “On Order” for 2022. If 6001-6040 are really XE60s, Honolulu would have one of the largest articulated electric bus fleets in North America.

Well the bad news is: Its not XE60s. So far, on the wiki, its listed as XD60s with Cummins L9 330HP and Allison B500R. 

Reports in this forum indicate 40 new 60-foot buses are on order and bids are out for 35 more in the next 3 years. That’s enough to replace most of our existing articulated fleet or add to it. We desperately need new buses, but these orders are all for diesel! What happened to saving the planet with electric buses? Looks like the city and OTS have decided our infrastructure funds will be dedicated to smaller units until articulated electrics build up a longer history of success on the mainland.

15 minutes ago, Williamv said:

Reports in this forum indicate 40 new 60-foot buses are on order and bids are out for 35 more in the next 3 years. That’s enough to replace most of our existing articulated fleet or add to it. We desperately need new buses, but these orders are all for diesel! What happened to saving the planet with electric buses? Looks like the city and OTS have decided our infrastructure funds will be dedicated to smaller units until articulated electrics build up a longer history of success on the mainland.

I think OTS is doing exactly as you think. The electric bus technology is still new. It seems that Gillig has proven their 40 foot electric bus technology in terms of range, charging, and overall performance. I think NFI still has some proving to do with their XE60s as they haven’t been out on the market for long. I would have liked for the new 60 footers to be hybrid at the least but it seems that OTS doesn’t want to play ball with them. 

18 hours ago, Pink_91119 said:

I guess the full fill rear signs for the A are permanent. Curious if they will be implimented on the C and E. 

they have been implemented on the C and E, just not all buses have the new dest signs in because they have to update the dest signs one by one, on each buses 

4 hours ago, Dez said:

they have been implemented on the C and E, just not all buses have the new dest signs in because they have to update the dest signs one by one, on each buses 

I see. I'm not sure if I like it or not. While it is easier to distinguish from the rest of the routes, I think it puts more wear on the LEDs

850 is being pulled to Kalihi garage due to an oil leak right at Kamehemeha/Middle St. Route C had a total head count of 37 passengers and was force to be put on the next trailing, Route C

9A23D686-00B7-421B-825E-7418E9A3004F.jpeg

8A9114E2-1094-4576-A310-83504CC61CB8.jpeg

Bus 060, caught code breaking Route 4 at Kapolei Transit Center 

EE44F183-54EA-41C2-BEAD-5110E467FF3E.jpeg

On 4/19/2022 at 9:08 AM, Dez said:

Does anyone know why Route C doesn’t have articulated buses no more?

Hello,

Route C doesn’t have articulated busses anymore since according to an OTS bus operator there is a bridge along the route that can’t handle the weight of the articulated bussss.

19 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Bus 801 and 802 is retired! I ve seen them in a pdf file take a quick closer look at those pictures and tell what else it retired?

BUS 112 Used 2002 New Flyer Bus .pdf 363.29 kB · 10 downloads BUS 120 Used 2002 New Flyer Bus .pdf 371.54 kB · 7 downloads BUS 127 Used 2002 New Flyer Bus .pdf 300.07 kB · 9 downloads

Bus 332 :)