The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

busfreak99

I think it's just assumed that with pandemic transit service that vehicles will be utilized that best meet the level of ridership on any particular route.

Maybe a "I've noticed 60 footers have been added to route XX likely due to COVID distancing" statement would suffice, or "bus XXX entered service today for the first time". In addition, we trust that when someone on this board says something like that we don't have to go and fact check it with the transit tracker; the evidentiary screen shot is probably overkill for most.

I certainly can appreciate the hunt of special assignments, but there are likely going to be a ton of special assignments both due to the passenger count technology and scheduling software that TheBus employs (which everyone has an opinion about) to ensure that social distancing measures can occur. I can appreciate the transit fanning, but we can all transit fan from the comfort of hea.thebus.org.

Just trying to be helpful - I appreciate the hobby and appreciate anyone who shares the same hobby.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jared Kam said:

I think it's just assumed that with pandemic transit service that vehicles will be utilized that best meet the level of ridership on any particular route.

Maybe a "I've noticed 60 footers have been added to route XX likely due to COVID distancing" statement would suffice, or "bus XXX entered service today for the first time". In addition, we trust that when someone on this board says something like that we don't have to go and fact check it with the transit tracker; the evidentiary screen shot is probably overkill for most.

I certainly can appreciate the hunt of special assignments, but there are likely going to be a ton of special assignments both due to the passenger count technology and scheduling software that TheBus employs (which everyone has an opinion about) to ensure that social distancing measures can occur. I can appreciate the transit fanning, but we can all transit fan from the comfort of hea.thebus.org.

Just trying to be helpful - I appreciate the hobby and appreciate anyone who shares the same hobby.

Spot on Jared!

11 hours ago, The bus Honolulu hunters said:

Why? Is there a problem or something?                       not to be rude

Others or even not complaining about me posting GPS or "sneaky buses"

But I not trying to be rude to you or anybody here In this topic

The problem is you send out a post for every non standard assignment. I’m not being rude, I’m merely suggesting we don’t need a long winded post each time there’s a vehicle on a route not normally seen on. This has been going on for years here and there. Examples include coverage assignments or when vehicles transfer facilities. Judging by your grammar or lack of, I assume you’re younger, just take the friendly advice. 

1 hour ago, The bus Honolulu hunters said:

Yay for the new 30s

Are they going to be own kalihi or Pearl City are they going be the same as bus 20 21 22 and 23

Thank God the 30s are returning

I think that was another replacement for the 2004 buses

I bet they will start running in December or beginning of 2021

Read where it's gonna owned by and yes it's a diesel alright. Replacement for the 40 series! It's the 8 eight 29ft bus order

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, The bus Honolulu hunters said:

Oh man I wished the 40s to not need for retired

I hope they will keep it more longer or move it to Pearl City for routes there

You can expect the 30s to go into service soon because the 40s are 1998 buses that are well past their retirement time. Also, it was reported in this forum that Pearl City no longer has a need for 29-foot buses, so you can expect them to remain at Kalihi. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Thomasw said:

What are the new 30s buses and how many are there?

No there eight of them. It says on the previous post on the order of solicitation. Look it up

13 hours ago, Thomasw said:

What are the new 30s buses and how many are there?

So we got 30 to 35 that came into one of our yard which is Kalihi Palama Bus facility on August 5thD0CDC877-5CC8-423C-94E6-9DA62C4C5032.thumb.jpeg.b4573d5ffa74fa6127cf2ef7dbe648c7.jpeg
@The bus Honolulu hunters there are eight, not nine.

There should be two more coming in by today from the pier.

All eight are the Gillig Advantage 29’Ft Low Floor Diesel buses. It says also on my YouTube video of my uncle confirming they should be the same as the four 2016 Gillig Advantage 29’Ft Low Floor Diesel buses. I don’t see anything on the top of the 30 series so it’s a diesel alright.

I don’t know what year model but it should be this years model or next year model.

• Thanks 1

Okay @honolulu_phantom, About bus 343 is not true. I have talked to central control at my job site, to contact hele-on base yard extension number, and they say all 7 gillig phantoms from honolulu are all running. Please don’t post anything that is not true, Like rumors about our subject here just make sure and check it is true and make sure what your saying is true. And if your lying on our subject, *please stop*. I don’t want your profile get banned.?

CAEF94F0-350E-481B-8717-42F92A0C76DB.png

1 minute ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Okay @honolulu_phantom, About bus 343 is not true. I have talked to central control at my job site, to contact hele-on base yard extension number, and they say all 7 gillig phantoms from honolulu are all running. Please don’t post anything that is not true, Like rumors about our subject here just make sure and check it is true and make sure what your saying is true. And if your lying on our subject, *please stop*. I don’t want your profile get banned.?

CAEF94F0-350E-481B-8717-42F92A0C76DB.png

If anybody wants info on buses at the pearl city or kalihi dm me here, so that way I can talk to central control or call them if I’m away from my job site.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 12:50 PM, Williamv said:

http://www.thebus.org/updates/BusStopMod.asp#Route_8_Waikiki-Ala_Moana_

Wow! Routes 8 and 22 temporarily discontinued!

Both routes rarely have passengers since the pandemic, plus with most of Ala Moana and Waikiki turning into ghost towns this was bound to happen anyway. However, one has to wonder how the riders who live or work along route 22 will find other ways to get to their destinations.

• 3 weeks later...