The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

busfreak99

I read that Gillig laid off 65 workers when employees returned to work last month after the shutdown. Also, production has been slowed by social distancing requirements. None of that is good news for those hoping Honolulu will receive new buses any time soon.

• Sad 1

*Jaya’s Pinoy-Pop songs sound like American 80s & 90s just like K-POP because she’s a friend with Stevie B whose from the USA*

But anyways while listening to my song of my favorite singer and reading along, I’d like to share my comparisons with the NewFlyer 2020 XD60 I rode yesterday versus the NewFlyer 2019 XD60 we had running from last year.

Exterior - Same

Interior - Same

Engine - Same

Transmission - Same

Year - Different

Bur everything else - Same

Reminds me of the 2002 - 2003 D60LF like they both hold the same Engine and Transmission just like 2019 & 2020 XD60 but the 2002 D60LF Seats and interior has a different color than the 2003 D60LF. In another words the city bought 2019 XD60 buses and they bought another in 2020 with the same configurations just like how the city bought their D60LF in 2002 & 2003 with their difference between their interiors except the XD60 buses has no difference between the 2019 & 2020 models. Very similar though.

11 minutes ago, The bus Honolulu hunters said:

Boo the worst bus returns

Screenshot_2020-07-14-09-43-45.png

Bruh you leaving negative reviews by saying that b word I’ll report you to the cptdb editor. You better delete that because I was on bus 170 earlier too so I’m your telling me tha I’m a b words also!!!

170 was really good to tell you the truth!

And your such a terrorist to buses. Everyone’s in this topic is not picky. So please STOP!

i feel offended by you

1 hour ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Since 889-896 started running the streets since it’s first run last week, the 2004 DE60LF 132-141 is confirmed retired and scrapped! I contacted central control fir the information.

Wow that is surprising that the hybrids were retired before the 2002 diesels - any particular reason why? Those "silver bullets" were pretty good buses from what I remember.

Aren't they still short buses overall, especially articulated buses? They've definitely gotten their money's worth for those 1999 Gilligs that are still in service...hopefully they have a plan to procure additional diesel buses because the wait continues for the Gillig electrics.

• Confused 1

Do we need multiple updates a day letting us know of “sneaky” buses? Vehicles are shifted between Kalihi and Pearl City from time to time and routes are covered by available vehicles on occasion. 

I’m glad GPS wasn’t a thing when the old Halawa facility would move vehicles between Kalihi facility regularly, you’d wouldn’t know what to do with yourself. 

3 hours ago, Williamv said:

Maybe if we could eliminate the maps and graphics with the ”sneaky bus” posts they wouldn’t take up so much space.

That’s a start, it would be amazing if they disappeared completely. Reminds me of that user Princess Daisy D that was on here awhile ago and only worried about the GPS signals on the vehicles.