The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

busfreak99

15 minutes ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Route 11 is now with Pearl City Division, pearl city's first lowest lower route. Route 19 & 20 was a pearl city route as well back in the early 2000s. But since Route 11 is running Saturday & Sunday (Today) with Pearl city buses it is now considered as Pearl City division route.

868C224E-EDD7-417A-AD58-F8DF8125D8F6.png

779D8693-C10C-4642-A275-37B646D09466.png

And Route 60 & 65 KALIHI is running on those Routes Saturday & Sunday with Pearl City, other than Pearl City itself running on Saturday & Sunday.

31 minutes ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Route 11 is now with Pearl City Division, pearl city's first lowest lower route. Route 19 & 20 was a pearl city route as well back in the early 2000s. But since Route 11 is running Saturday & Sunday (Today) with Pearl city buses it is now considered as Pearl City division route.

Thanks!

I always wondered about Route 11. Pearl City makes a logical home for it, since revenue service begins earlier on the outer end of the line.

Throughout the biz (not necessarily at TheBus/OTS...) there's many instances of "portable" routes like this. If one division is suddenly stretched thin, a route can bounce to another division without too much preparation. On the other side of the world, look to Toronto for one example... where TTC's 6 - Bay bus route isn't squarely in any one division's territory -- and it tends to pick up and move divisions several times a year.

In other words, I won't be shocked if Route 11 returns to Kalihi at some point... and then moves to Pearl City again at some point after that!

5 hours ago, ieko said:

Yes, all 30ft buses are now at Kalihi. There was no need for them to be at Pearl City in regards to street constraints.

A few questions here:

1. Are the 30ft. Phantoms at Kalihi finally retiring?

2. Which buses are now used on routes 414 and 416 at Kapolei?

3. Are there more Gillig LF 35ft. buses numbered above 64 or 29ft. buses numbered above 23?

4. Finally, which buses are used on route 651 and the 670-series of Kailua locals?

On 12/3/2019 at 2:41 AM, Buzz2kb said:

A few questions here:

1. Are the 30ft. Phantoms at Kalihi finally retiring?

2. Which buses are now used on routes 414 and 416 at Kapolei?

3. Are there more Gillig LF 35ft. buses numbered above 64 or 29ft. buses numbered above 23?

4. Finally, which buses are used on route 651 and the 670-series of Kailua locals?

35-foot buses at Pearl City Are 60-67.  Kalihi has 50-59. The 29-foot buses go up only to 23, but eight more are on order. They will most likely replace Phantoms 40-49  at Kalihi. The Kapolei and Kailua routes are served by both 35 and 40-foot buses.

Well it’s Pearl City’s turn to show off their buses on Christmas parade. Last year was Kalihi so it’s now Pearl City! They always take turns (somewhat). I can’t tell what exactly unit number this is but I know it’s a 67x series because the first number and the second number is covered halfway but the third number is hard to tell since the number appears to be nearly hidden all the way down. ?

205DBB87-42A2-40F4-BA8A-B99B9C211E35.jpeg

D7F5CFE0-E2C6-43C5-A2F2-DE772B16BED0.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Well it’s Pearl City’s turn to show off their buses on Christmas parade. Last year was Kalihi so it’s now Pearl City! They always take turns (somewhat). I can’t tell what exactly unit number this is but I know it’s a 67x series because the first number and the second number is covered halfway but the third number is hard to tell since the number appears to be nearly hidden all the way down. ?

My guess is 674. 

Anyone have any info on future orders or on anymore retired Phantoms?

5 hours ago, Thomasw said:

My guess is 674. 

Anyone have any info on future orders or on anymore retired Phantoms?

I would guess 677. The City Lights bus normally is the highest number from the most recent delivery of 40-foot vehicles to the featured garage. As far as new orders, it seems the city is still waiting for 40-foot Gillig electric buses to pass Altoona testing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 7:45 AM, Alika.valdez1234 said:

That is bus 677 

My bus driver friend told me that Route C used to be out of Kalihi before I wasn’t living in Hawaii in that time. Does anyone know if that true and anyone has an explanation why it’s not from Kalihi anymore? I asked him why it wasn’t from Kalihi anymore He told me that the buses would run out of fuel and would be far to tow the buses back to Kalihi. But frankly I’d say I agree from my bus driver friend it would to far the buses to run out of fuel from Kalihi, so that’s why Route C is from Pearl City. But I just want to know any theories/guess and if this is true.

5 minutes ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

My bus driver friend told me that Route C used to be out of Kalihi before I wasn’t living in Hawaii in that time. Does anyone know if that true and anyone has an explanation why it’s not from Kalihi anymore? I asked him why it wasn’t from Kalihi anymore He told me that the buses would run out of fuel and would be far to tow the buses back to Kalihi. But frankly I’d say I agree from my bus driver friend it would to far the buses to run out of fuel from Kalihi, so that’s why Route C is from Pearl City. But I just want to know any theories/guess and if this is true.

If I recall, when the New Flyer buses were delivered in 1999 they were transitioning to Pearl City from the old Halawa bus facility and Kalihi had the maintenance capabilities for the 60' buses at their yard. It was after Pearl City was established that they split the articulated fleet.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:20 AM, Jared Kam said:

If I recall, when the New Flyer buses were delivered in 1999 they were transitioning to Pearl City from the old Halawa bus facility and Kalihi had the maintenance capabilities for the 60' buses at their yard. It was after Pearl City was established that they split the articulated fleet.

Hmm interested!

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to update you guys about this4193739E-266F-4EE0-AD80-41E0FD79EC6A.thumb.png.2ad1656e69ce6787b8aef0371b5006c5.png

During my one week vacation last week to the Philippines, so far I have seen buses running under Partas which bus 642 at its rest stop at Romulo Blvd. Tarlac State University Hostel in Tarlac , bus 644 passing Lacson St. near Sm San Lazaro in Sta. Cruz, Metro Manila heading to Mabalacat in Pampanga, and suprisingly an addition I have seen more Honolulu buses that were sold to a Partas so far I’ve seen three buses around, bus 777 & 790 at Del Pilar Rd in Candon City as bus 777 heading to Pagudpud and 790 not in service, and bus 778 passing by Urbiztondo Beach along MacArthur Highway heading to its last stop in La Union. But so far no buses 641 & 643 around.?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

During my one week vacation last week to the Philippines, so far I have seen buses running under Partas which bus 642 at its rest stop at Romulo Blvd. Tarlac State University Hostel in Tarlac , bus 644 passing Lacson St. near Sm San Lazaro in Sta. Cruz, Metro Manila heading to Mabalacat in Pampanga, and suprisingly an addition I have seen more Honolulu buses that were sold to a Partas so far I’ve seen three buses around, bus 777 & 790 at Del Pilar Rd in Candon City as bus 777 heading to Pagudpud and 790 not in service, and bus 778 passing by Urbiztondo Beach along MacArthur Highway heading to its last stop in La Union. But so far no buses 641 & 643 around.?

Those Cummins 700-series Gilligs were my favorite buses for a long time...with the Clever Devices ASA installed. Glad to hear that they will gain many more miles (kilometers) in their next life...with the right maintenance they'll surely last for a long time.

On 2/5/2020 at 6:08 AM, Jared Kam said:

Those Cummins 700-series Gilligs were my favorite buses for a long time...with the Clever Devices ASA installed. Glad to hear that they will gain many more miles (kilometers) in their next life...with the right maintenance they'll surely last for a long time.

Well you do know that bus 790 has Detroit Diesel S50 and 777 & 778 has Cummins M11.