The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

busfreak99

Okay here's an update starting of Second Sunday of June after Signups of June 6, Routes 43, 54, 60 only three routes for now, will 'interline' with Kalihi and Pearl City sides. So we are gonna see Kalihi & Pearl City Buses operating on those three routes. Thanks to my bus driver friend Auggie informing me about this great news

On 5/1/2019 at 1:58 PM, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Okay here's an update starting of Second Sunday of June after Signups of June 6, Routes 43, 54, 60 only three routes for now, will 'interline' with Kalihi and Pearl City sides. So we are gonna see Kalihi & Pearl City Buses operating on those three routes. Thanks to my bus driver friend Auggie informing me about this great news

Is that why 168 is used Route A recently?

On 5/3/2019 at 6:41 PM, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

Is that why 168 is used Route A recently?

No, but the interlining starts on the second week of June! Finally get to see Kalihi buses going more farther like on the Route 60! Hopefully OTS will interline more routes as well so that all the bus series runs on both sides than having them assigned on one side!

On 5/4/2019 at 7:44 AM, Thomasw said:

Yup though you may not make the cut as they want people that post meaningful stuff

Nearly fell out of my chair.

Interesting about the interlining - do you know if it's split 50/50? Wonder what might've brought this on - capacity issues at one of the garages?

Hard to believe that there are 22 year old buses that haven't been meaningfully rehabbed still out on the road.  I can't imagine that 8 buses makes a significant difference in the fleet...

20 hours ago, Jared Kam said:

Nearly fell out of my chair.

Interesting about the interlining - do you know if it's split 50/50? Wonder what might've brought this on - capacity issues at one of the garages?

Hard to believe that there are 22 year old buses that haven't been meaningfully rehabbed still out on the road.  I can't imagine that 8 buses makes a significant difference in the fleet...

It is not 50/50, a majority of it is run from Pearl City. About 15 40ft buses will be transferred to PC.

The purpose is to improve efficiency, which include but are not limited to creating better duties for drivers and using less vehicles.