The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

busfreak99

Hello @Princess Daisy D 19 could you please elaborate on what the issues you are seeing with GPS are?

Without going into too much personal detail.. it's something that I'd like to look into next year, so if you could explain in detail the kinds of issues you've seen I'd really appreciate it.

For starters, I'd like to know things like:

Is this an issue you are seeing in one place or in many? By place, I mean application or website. Although if it appears to be geographic pattern to the issue please note this as well.

Is it related to the quality of the predicted arrival times? Or that other data is not shown properly?

Just to be clear, I don't want several examples of the same issue but rather single examples of common issues in detail.

My main issue is simply that the GPS is down too often. It seems like whenever there is a holiday or a schedule change, the whole system is unavailable, sometimes for more than a day. It raises questions of how closely the system is being watched and whether it is really a high OTS priority. 

3 hours ago, Williamv said:

My main issue is simply that the GPS is down too often. It seems like whenever there is a holiday or a schedule change, the whole system is unavailable, sometimes for more than a day. It raises questions of how closely the system is being watched and whether it is really a high OTS priority. 

Well I think that's right. Although , next week , I would like 161 - 180 on Route 52 next week Saturday please.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

Long story short, TheBus was one of the first to build out open schedule and real-time data, so there's some legacy pieces that need to be addressed. Rest assured, it is absolutely a priority, and it will improve. I can't give any timelines yet as there's much work to be done.

6 hours ago, ieko said:

Long story short, TheBus was one of the first to build out open schedule and real-time data, so there's some legacy pieces that need to be addressed. Rest assured, it is absolutely a priority, and it will improve. I can't give any timelines yet as there's much work to be done.

No GPS for the morning rush hour today☹️❗

• 2 weeks later...

239-243 is pushed back to pearl city side. Because of the new 880-884 and probably more XD60 Artics.

On 12/30/2018 at 10:35 AM, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

It's almost Happy New Year. Hope there are some new buses next year.

Yes there is.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:49 PM, Thomasw said:

Is there any information on any new busses for this year?

Yes

Screenshot_20190108-070746_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190108-070753_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190108-070801_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190108-070916_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190108-070808_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190108-070853_Samsung Internet.jpg

36 minutes ago, Williamv said:

It’s unlikely they would replace 40-foot buses with 60-foot buses. 70-79 need to be retired. So there may be something else going on as well (more 700s?).

Guess what?? Look in the video to find out more this is just a clue. We saw it by Bishop and Nimitz while me and my friend bus 701 on route 56 heading to ala moana. 

1 minute ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Guess what?? Look in the video to find out more this is just a clue. We saw it by Bishop and Nimitz while me and my friend bus 701 on route 56 heading to ala moana. 

It looked like the 181-184 that has a full roof lining. And blue tinted windows 

8 minutes ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Hahahaha I told you me and my friend Auggie was right. In yo face everybody!!

19 minutes ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Hahahaha I told you me and my friend Auggie was right. In yo face everybody!!

Believe whatever you want to believe guys because I'm right. Okay, wait watch when you see what happens soon, there is going to be... What everybody? "A new NFI articulated bus!" What color is the windows tinted guys? "Blue!!!" And last question guys, will there be a full roof lining on the top or just the front portion have a roof lining on the top, scream the answer guys? "FULL ROOF LINING YAY!!!! And that's the answer to everyone questions isn't it! Watch till you see it on the road soon guys. K watch!!

1 hour ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Believe whatever you want to believe guys because I'm right. Okay, wait watch when you see what happens soon, there is going to be... What everybody? "A new NFI articulated bus!" What color is the windows tinted guys? "Blue!!!" And last question guys, will there be a full roof lining on the top or just the front portion have a roof lining on the top, scream the answer guys? "FULL ROOF LINING YAY!!!! And that's the answer to everyone questions isn't it! Watch till you see it on the road soon guys. K watch!!

What the devil are you trying to say here?

@Kevin L could you please help as there have been many post like this where it is impossible to understand what is being said

2 hours ago, Williamv said:

It’s unlikely they would replace 40-foot buses with 60-foot buses. 70-79 need to be retired. So there may be something else going on as well (more 700s?).

He may have been reacting to my post, where I questioned his comment that the 880s were replacing 239-244. I don’t think anyone doubted that the 880s were here. 

7 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Are they on GPS?

19 hours ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

Nice pictures! I would like to ride that soon. What bus number is that picture? Nice seating to. Are those diesel or hybrid? 

Bus 880.?❤ love that bus interior too!!! And good news they have seats in the middle of the Articulation area and bad news they have two seats (one the left & one on the right) besides four as described in the picture?. But too bad he won't tell me if it is either a hybrid or a diesel he said it is a surprise when it hits the streets soon.

Well XD60 have both options to put a full Roofline or front portion Roofline.

Like AC Transit XD60

Except XDE60 is only for Full Roofline

Like Brampton Transit XDE60

So it Could be either a XD60 or XDE60.

300px-Alameda-Contra_Costa_Transit_District_2206-a.jpg

300px-Brampton_Transit_1283-a.jpg

4 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Bus 880.?❤ love that bus interior too!!! And good news they have seats in the middle of the Articulation area and bad news they have two seats (one the left & one on the right) besides four as described in the picture?. But too bad he won't tell me if it is either a hybrid or a diesel he said it is a surprise when it hits the streets soon.

Well XD60 have both options to put a full Roofline or front portion Roofline.

Like AC Transit XD60

Except XDE60 is only for Full Roofline

Like Brampton Transit XDE60

So it Could be either a XD60 or XDE60.

300px-Alameda-Contra_Costa_Transit_District_2206-a.jpg

300px-Brampton_Transit_1283-a.jpg

Well you can tell if it's a diesel or hybrid of you see a battery pack on top of TheBus. Is there any battery pack to TheBus 880 - 884? And is the engine Cummins ISL9?

On 12/17/2018 at 2:08 AM, ieko said:

Here’s a new GPS issue from earlier this morning: if you requested information for stop 4523 (Kalihi Transit  Center) and others , the reply was “Invalid bus stop number. Please try again.” For most other stops, you got a list of arrival times with no GPS signal for any buses.