The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

busfreak99

• Board Admin
13 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

FYI for those of you haven't seen bus 708 around. The 708 going to be a Christmas parade bus and 677 is going to be the Christmas sticker bus. My friend Auggie says 708 already decorated for tomorrow. So its Kalihi turn to show their new buses on parade tomorrow. And last year was pearl city bus 677 for parade & now its Kalihi turn to be the 708 parade bus.

Seems like they are using the last digit buses like the pearl city went up to 677 and kalihi too this year using up to 708.

Yes, CPTDB member @Enviro 500 has photos of 708 decorated up so that is confirmed!

13 hours ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

A DE60LFR and a D60LFR is No Longer in Production. If you like those buses , then I hate to say that.

How is this relevant to The Bus (Honolulu)

and you must have been living under a rock because they have been replaced by the Xcelsior The DE60LFR and D60LFR have not been in production since 2013.

your about 5 years late on that one.

2 hours ago, Thomasw said:

How is this relevant to The Bus (Honolulu)

and you must have been living under a rock because they have been replaced by the Xcelsior The DE60LFR and D60LFR have not been in production since 2013.

your about 5 years late on that one.

I have not been living under a rock. That's not really nice to say. Unless if you are saying it as an idiom it's okay. And how do you know it has not been in production since 2013?

Must...change...subject...quickly...

Hey, so 701-708 have the Vapor door controls with the kneel and ramp controls integrated to the door switch on the left.  I know they also have printed words on the flooring.

Are those literally the only 8 buses with that feature?  Does 670-677 have them also?

Also, has anyone seen the new articulated bus?  Have they translated those features to the New Flyer spec as well?

Has anyone received their Holo card in the mail yet?

Have I asked enough questions yet?  I'll be in the islands next week - hoping to see something new...it's been too long since OTS received buses, and the 800-series is the next fleet to retire after the 300's hanging on for dear life.

5 hours ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

I have not been living under a rock. That's not really nice to say. Unless if you are saying it as an idiom it's okay. And how do you know it has not been in production since 2013?

Because I did a 30 second google search?

Its not that hard to search something up on google.

Would be really nice to see some New Flyer 40 foot buses added to the fleet, though it seems like they're just dialing in their Gillig specs. The XE60 is now Altoona certified so I wouldn't be surprised if OTS goes that direction given their experience with New Flyer articulated buses.

On 12/1/2018 at 5:26 PM, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

Do you know what an XDE60 and or an XD60 is? What I'm trying to say is add LFR like DE60LFR. And I'm also trying to say if Honolulu is going to get NewFlyer XDE40s and or XD40s?

Wow kid. Calm down. 

I'm not and idiot, I live in Vancouver, B-C, Canada where seeing XDE60s are a common sight. 

Whether honolulu is gonna get any 40 foot NewFlyer product is up to The Bus to decide. 

Now let me update you on some common knowledge on how to post something on the CPTDB. 

If you are responding to someone's question, sighting or speculation please quote what they said in you reply so that we know what you are talking about and who you are responding to/ addressing. 

Before posting a bunch of BS on the CPTDB do some research. You can start by doing some research on NewFlyer then you can tell me why there will probably never be a an XDE60LFR. You can then search on Translink then you can tell me how many XDE60s and XD60s are in our fleet compared to TheBus

Next time before posting a bunch of BS do some simple research and that should answer you question. 

Remeber, posting stuff is quality over quantity.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

Nice picture! But how are bikes going to fit the bike rack?

There simply not. 

Because as you can see that toy car is occupying the place we're bikes normally would go.

Im pretty sure even a five year old could have figured that one out

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Bus 253 struck by a tree in Kailua town. It will be out for a while.

1543956666586.jpg

1543956670730.jpg

1543956676718.jpg

1544301755773.jpg

Struck by tree or struck a tree because to me it looks like it hit the tree not the tree hit the bus because last I checked trees can't run into a bus. 

Considering the damage to the bus I don't think that that will be an easy fix and they may not even fix it and may just bring back a one of the 366-368 series

Have you ever heard the word body shops??? We have tons in Hawaii and NO 366-368 is wayyyyyyyyyy fully scrapped.... they retired in 2015? How can??? They would've been scrapped by then? #arefromhawaii #yourfromvancouver

I dont mean to freak out but how would you know all this if your not living Hawaii for years just to know our buses?

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:06 AM, Thomasw said:

Wow kid. Calm down. 

I not and idiot, I live in Vancouver, B-C, Canada where seeing XDE60s are a common sight. 

Whether honolulu is gonna get any 40 foot NewFlyer product is up to The Bus to decide. 

Now let me update you on some common knowledge on how to post something on the CPTDB. 

If you are responding to someone's question, sighting or speculation please quote what they said in you reply so that we know what you are talking about and who you are responding to/ addressing. 

Before posting a bunch of BS on the CPTDB do some research. You can start by doing some research on NewFlyer then you can tell me why there will probably never be a an XDE60LFR. You can then search on Translink then you can tell me how many XDE60s and XD60s are in our fleet compared to TheBus

Next time before posting a bunch of BS do some simple research and that should answer you question. 

Remeber, posting stuff is quality over quantity.

Lol

11 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Have you ever heard the word body shops??? We have tons in Hawaii and NO 366-368 is wayyyyyyyyyy fully scrapped.... they retired in 2015? How can??? They would've been scrapped by then? #arefromhawaii #yourfromvancouver

I dont mean to freak out but how would you know all this if your not living Hawaii for years just to know our buses?

Yes, I do know what a body shop is. There is no mention on the wiki that they we're scrapped. Me living in Vancouver doesn't mean I never go to Hawaii. I go at least once a year. I was just putting it out there that considering the damage and the cost of it being fixed it may not be fixed.

BTW body shop is two words not one