The Bus (Honolulu, HI)

busfreak99

For DaBus App and all that , the GPS had showed that there were 4 digit numbers or buses that weren't really on that route. So , did somebody push the wrong button or did the GPS get messed up or something? Because I know , a lot or some people are going to ask a lot when they don't know. And I can get why the ask. Because I know when it gets fixed , the 4 digit bus numbers that are shown on GPS that are actually that bus number aren't going to be shown on GPS for a while or for a long time. And when some people see 4 digit bus numbers that are shown on GPS , some people don't think it's false information. Some people think they're new buses. But it's really false information. So I guess to say , don't believe everything that's rare on DaBus App or the GPS. Or for example , the GPS says that Bus 75 is on Route 2 but then when it is running , it is actually Bus 177. That's false information also. 

Buses due for immediate replacement:

40-49

70-79

Remaining 300s

Remaining 30s

Buses due for replacement soon:

Earliest 800s (803-835, assuming 801-802 will last for awhile after refurbish)

Hopefully, the city will make a decision soon on new electric or CNG vehicles. The longer old buses remain in service, the more it costs to keep them running. 

12 hours ago, Williamv said:

Buses due for immediate replacement:

40-49

70-79

Remaining 300s

Remaining 30s

Buses due for replacement soon:

Earliest 800s (803-835, assuming 801-802 will last for awhile after refurbish)

Hopefully, the city will make a decision soon on new electric or CNG vehicles. The longer old buses remain in service, the more it costs to keep them running. 

What are CNG vehicles? And I think 40 - 49 , 70 - 79 , Remaining 300s , and the Remaining 30s are still going to remain in service. And why does it cost more to keep buses running? 

CNG is compressed natural gas. The pilot project starting in September at Honolulu airport will include CNG buses as well as electric buses. Older buses are expensive to operate because they require more maintenance. 

http://hidot.hawaii.gov/blog/2018/08/03/governor-ige-announces-consolidated-rental-car-shuttle-pilot-at-daniel-k-inouye-international-airport-to-begin-september-1/

On 8/11/2018 at 10:11 PM, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

I think so. But where is 80 - 99? I'm wondering if there is going to be a NewFlyer bus soon. 

Do you know what I’m thinking? 80-99 is like 185-194, 870-879 and that’s twenty buses like 80-99 including 70-99 so that make 30 of them so I don’t think there will be a 80-99 until a future date.

6 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Do you know what I’m thinking? 80-99 is like 185-194, 870-879 and that’s twenty buses like 80-99 including 70-99 so that make 30 of them so I don’t think there will be a 80-99 until a future date.

Yeah. Well why did 80 - 99 get retired? But 185 - 194 and 870 - 879 has Cummins ISL9 not Detroit Diesel Series 50. And plus they don't look the same either. Are you saying that when 185 - 194 and 870 - 879 is running do you mean by that's like riding 80 - 99 and seeing 80 - 99?

Very disappointing!!! Two cars collided on bus 278!!! On route 3 this afternoon!!! This insane someone or I has to do something about this!! Hawaii should make a law to ban car dealers sales from selling too many cars to customers!!!! They should have a limit to what they seller customers!!!! So that way cars buses would not make a problem involving accidents because it’s too much traffic!! And please someone has to do something about this and make a law for this

36 minutes ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Very disappointing!!! Two cars collided on bus 278!!! On route 3 this afternoon!!! This insane someone or I has to do something about this!! Hawaii should make a law to ban car dealers sales from selling too many cars to customers!!!! They should have a limit to what they seller customers!!!! So that way cars buses would not make a problem involving accidents because it’s too much traffic!! And please someone has to do something about this and make a law for this

Okay. Is there any picture and or video? And yes that I've been realizing that there has been too much traffic recently. And yes they should. 

The Buses weren't running today because of Hurricane Lane coming. Tomorrow all day or after 2PM there will be free bus rides.

Just now, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

The Buses weren't running today because of Hurricane Lane coming. Tomorrow all day or after 2PM there will be free bus rides.

because of a tropical storm coming.

The tropical storm is Lane.

On 7/27/2018 at 11:32 PM, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

For DaBus App and all that , the GPS had showed that there were 4 digit numbers or buses that weren't really on that route. So , did somebody push the wrong button or did the GPS get messed up or something? Because I know , a lot or some people are going to ask a lot when they don't know. And I can get why the ask. Because I know when it gets fixed , the 4 digit bus numbers that are shown on GPS that are actually that bus number aren't going to be shown on GPS for a while or for a long time. And when some people see 4 digit bus numbers that are shown on GPS , some people don't think it's false information. Some people think they're new buses. But it's really false information. So I guess to say , don't believe everything that's rare on DaBus App or the GPS. Or for example , the GPS says that Bus 75 is on Route 2 but then when it is running , it is actually Bus 177. That's false information also. 

Where do you come up with some of this stuff? Do you read your posts before posting for all of us to see? Your posts are very difficult to understand and not very well thought out along with being totally inaccurate. 

I’m hoping you’re young and just need some life experiences. 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:39 PM, doglover44 said:

Do they run Gillig ?

More than half of the entire fleet is Gillig. Check the wiki.

6 hours ago, honolulu_phantom said:

Where do you come up with some of this stuff? Do you read your posts before posting for all of us to see? Your posts are very difficult to understand and not very well thought out along with being totally inaccurate. 

This is somewhat of a gripe that I have with this user. The guy claims on an older post that he's 28 - 30 years old, yet his critical thinking and those jumbled thoughts of said posts are more suited to that of a 10 - 12 year old. I've yet to see anyone in their 20s or 30s that behaves like that.

9 hours ago, honolulu_phantom said:

Wtf? I'm not young. And plus can't you see I was looking on the GPS?

2 hours ago, Rotidua said:

This is somewhat of a gripe that I have with this user. The guy claims on an older post that he's 28 - 30 years old, yet his critical thinking and those jumbled thoughts of said posts are more suited to that of a 10 - 12 year old. I've yet to see anyone in their 20s or 30s that behaves like that.

What the heck are you thinking? Stop throwing me off. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Rotidua said:

Glad it’s not just me. The posts from this user are inchoherant jibberish at best. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:40 AM, Princess Daisy D 19 said:

What the heck are you thinking? Stop throwing me off. 

I know what I'm thinking, and what I'm thinking is for you to start acting your age, thinking critically, and backing up what you say with evidence.

To see you fight off criticism by throwing a tantrum is disappointing, especially when you're twisting people's words in the quotes.

• Thanks 1