becoming a oc transpo driver

geogaddi

- and yet i love my job.... go figure.... :P

-we call those maintenance operators 'combine' drivers - only 25+years seniority need apply.

-the idea of having out professional licence fees reinbursed has been tossed around the union before. it never seems to go further than that.

-what about the weight limit? 4600 kg? that rule still applies.

have a look at canada's worst driver- season 3 reruns. in the second episode they used and old school bus with hydraulic brakes. as this vehicle was under the 4600kg limit all they had to do was remove the school bus badging, paint over the chrome yellow, and remove all but 4 seats.

but had they left them in it would still have been classified as a bus, and would have been illegal to drive with any less than a c class driver's licence wether those seats were occupied with paying passengers or not.

- and yet i love my job.... go figure.... :P

-we call those maintenance operators 'combine' drivers - only 25+years seniority need apply.

-the idea of having out professional licence fees reinbursed has been tossed around the union before. it never seems to go further than that.

-what about the weight limit? 4600 kg? that rule still applies.

have a look at canada's worst driver- season 3 reruns. in the second episode they used and old school bus with hydraulic brakes. as this vehicle was under the 4600kg limit all they had to do was remove the school bus badging, paint over the chrome yellow, and remove all but 4 seats.

but had they left them in it would still have been classified as a bus, and would have been illegal to drive with any less than a c class driver's licence wether those seats were occupied with paying passengers or not.

well my mechanics class isnt a job, but its EDUCATIONAL!! And I love it too. I hope to be a successful mechanic one day. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Ok.... Just say you can't tell me and I will understand. Don't have to act like I'm an adult. I'm just a kid, I get curious easily.

The collective agreement between ATU 279 and City of Ottawa / OC Transpo does not allow the hiring of part time workers. Nor will it as long as the membership keeps refusing the city's attempts to allow part - timers.

This alone will tell you that I know what I'm talking about.

The collective agreement between ATU 279 and City of Ottawa / OC Transpo does not allow the hiring of part time workers. Nor will it as long as the membership keeps refusing the city's attempts to allow part - timers.

This alone will tell you that I know what I'm talking about.

yea, i understood it after i had a driver talking about it with me. because i always thought that the drivers driving rush hour routes and express routes were part-time, but i know understand how their not. (seeing as their trippers, and interlined runs, never thought a whole bunch of driversbe doing that at once)

• 13 years later...
  • 10 months later...

How stringgent is OCs langauge fluency in french *oral and reading*? To this day, despite shortages and high turnovers and lay offs, they still insist that French oral and reading abilities may need to be "Day 1 ready" et mon français c'est pas bien :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 5:48 PM, Loud-Invero said:

How stringgent is OCs langauge fluency in french *oral and reading*? To this day, despite shortages and high turnovers and lay offs, they still insist that French oral and reading abilities may need to be "Day 1 ready" et mon français c'est pas bien :(

It’s not, apply with only English and very basic French understandings ( directions and route numbers ) and you’ll be fine 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZümmyZüm said:

It’s not, apply with only English and very basic French understandings ( directions and route numbers ) and you’ll be fine .

Oh good. I'll use the 12 years of NSAS listening skills to my advantage! Ah-hem... "Station,  TUN-KNEES PASTURE"