Greyhound Canada Fleet Roster Information

Blue Bus

well as far as i know Cha-co still does private charters out of london/windsor etc.....but when not in use there buses are used for line runs for where ever

as long as there is no other line run buses available......

Also, my contact at the hound has told me that those rental Prevosts are supposed to be used exclusively on NeOn service to NYC. They are wired for WiFi. also New buses are on the way (they are hoping for mid september) andthe rentals will be headed back to wherever they came from.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Northwest Bus Lines recently acquired Greyhound #951. This was interesting, as the owner told me that the new bus he was getting would be a DL, but when I later found out the bus number I thought that must be another Greyhound 102C3... turns out I was right, though he had originally intended to get a DL.

Northwest Bus Lines recently acquired Greyhound #951. This was interesting, as the owner told me that the new bus he was getting would be a DL, but when I later found out the bus number I thought that must be another Greyhound 102C3... turns out I was right, though he had originally intended to get a DL.

951... One of the 10 delivered in 1992... 947 to 956. I wonder if any D3's from 1995 have been retired from the Greyhound fleet? They are #'s 957-977.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this in addition to 925 which they got back around Spring time?

i have one question with greyhound.........i seen yesterday a greyhound buswith the old scheme and western mustang athletics on the front side and had Cha-Co Trails on the were Greyhound would be.....the bus # was 1092. Chatham Coach never had a bus like that why would greyhound get a bus and put Cha-Co Trails???? seen other buses like that too

I was in Niagara on August 30th, 2008 and 9872 was in the Transit garage with the hound applied to the front and Alberta license plates on the rear.

9872-ghound-08-30-08-mt.jpg

Greyhound #1016, one of the ex-Brewster units might be off the active roster now....given what is shown in the photo below. Appears to be a BC Ambulance in the back.

EDIT: 1016 was spotted in Calgary earlier today, so it survived the rollover!

Clipboard01.jpg

Does anyone have any info on Gray Line 7681 in Ottawa. The ownership on the rear 1/4 panel shows Greyhound and it carries Alberta plate G 46543

7681_gray_mt.jpg

Greyhound Canada owns the GrayLine franchises in Ottawa (purchased from PWT) and Toronto (via acquisition of GrayCoach (Stagecoach)). Some of the GCTC coaches are lettered for this. At one point Greyhound Canada also owned the GrayLine franchises in Vancouver and Victoria (via Laidlaw) and the Calgary/Banff/Edmonton/Jasper franchises via a sale by Brewster (of which were sister companies under dial up until the mid-90s). The western franchises are now owned by the same company that runs the RockyMountaineer.

Uwe

Greyhound #1016, one of the ex-Brewster units might be off the active roster now....given what is shown in the photo below. Appears to be a BC Ambulance in the back.

EDIT: 1016 was spotted in Calgary earlier today, so it survived the rollover!

It did survive that mishap in near Chetwynd. I drove 1016 from Revelstoke to Vancouver yesterday.
951... One of the 10 delivered in 1992... 947 to 956. I wonder if any D3's from 1995 have been retired from the Greyhound fleet? They are #'s 957-977.

Well 963 is still active. I saw her in Kelowna yesterday.

An article posted on the window at Vancouver Dispatch indicates that Greyhound has ordered 140 Prevost X345's. There is no indication as to weather these are for Canada or US. We can only hope some venture to Western Canada. I'll try to remember to get the link when I get back.

955, one of the last 102C3's is in a white livery, no stripes, just white and silversides, with Greyhound in blue font on the sides.

Hmmm.... Kevin, as per our conversation earlier about 855... I had thought that I had maybe seen 955 and not 855, but now after seeing your description of 955, I now believe I did see 855 as I was sure the one I saw did still have her regular Greyhound livery and not plain white.

An article posted on the window at Vancouver Dispatch indicates that Greyhound has ordered 140 Prevost X345's. There is no indication as to weather these are for Canada or US. We can only hope some venture to Western Canada. I'll try to remember to get the link when I get back.

Here is the link to Prevost's website and their press release confirming the 140 coach order.

http://www.prevostcar.com/cgi-bin/pages.cg...wsid=1222260146

So far (here in Edmonton at least) the only one I've seen with a ZF AStronic is 1162. Haven't seen any others with them... Mind you, we don't see that many Manitoba or Ontario based units here..

Well, the one I read was from Ontario, so that one will be getting it first.

I thought I heard somewhere that some new X3-45's were supposed to be for Greyhound Canada. Anyone have any idea on this?

One Vancouver manager is saying that the 140 new X3-45's on order are for both Canada and the US. I'm not sure how many will go either way and this is still only hear say.