Victoria Transit Centre Report: 21st September 2010

Ex. Penticton 8026, 8028-8030, 8032 & 8033 are confirmed to be inside VTC. I also believe I saw 8027 and 8031 sandwiched in-between the other buses at the eastern side of the depot.

So... Penticton is entirely 3rd Gen Nova now, eh?

So this means that 9343 is most likely the 8th and final Nova bound for Penticton (the only one yet to be redeployed with the old-style frame windows), although if it has shown up there that was only very recently. 8027 and 8031 would also be very recent arrivals at VTC as they were stored or in service in Penticton as of the end of last week

8th bus confirmed to be 9343, which brings the Penticton fleet to the following:

9336-9338, 9340, 9341, 9343, 9350, 9351.

8031 is the only Flyer remaining on property...99% certain it should be moved soon

8031 is most definitely gone from Penticton now.

Now that that's done, this topic can once again fall into obscurity for the next 20 years until the new buses are due for replacement ;)

Now that that's done, this topic can once again fall into obscurity for the next 20 years until the new buses are due for replacement ;)

That of course assumes all the Novas don't get parked because of some mechanical consequence of the rushed delivery rearing its ugly head...

That of course assumes all the Novas don't get parked because of some mechanical consequence of the rushed delivery rearing its ugly head...

Honestly, Great Quote.... Thank you George!

I know I'm several months late, but I figured it'd be a good idea to post what I got from my trip in August. These are probably the last photos of the D40LF's in service, and the first of the Novas in service.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chsscassidy/s...57625496152431/

I'm extremely glad I went when I did as I managed to shoot most of the old fleet.

Chris Cassidy

8027 and 8031 are now the only Flyers left in service

:(

Bump!

How long do you thing they'll last? I have to head out that way to visit some relatives in Summerland.

Well, 8027 is now in service in Victoria, as is 8028. All the other ex-Penticton D40LFs are also in Victoria, but they haven't been put into service (yet).

Found this video from Penticton of what looks to be 8030, but I don't recognize the username. Was this done by someone on the board?

To update on the old fleet which was transferred to Victoria, 8027-8031, 8033 have all been put into service. 8026 (generally the worst condition of the 8 in Penticton's experience) is stored at LTC alongside 8006, 8010 and 8022, and 8032 was moved from LTC to VTC a few weeks ago but has been sitting along the Douglas St. fence ever since.

Found this video from Penticton of what looks to be 8030, but I don't recognize the username. Was this done by someone on the board?

That video was done by username "Coastal Skier" on this board.

Should be interesting to see how this pans out. As it stands right now, there's only one block in the entire system that doesn't have trips that require a 40ft bus, and given that the busy trips all happen at the same time, there's only so much restructuring the routes could do to change this.

You have to wonder if the move to the smaller buses is partly to do with the general public perception that transit buses in smaller communities run empty or nearly empty all the time.

You have to wonder if the move to the smaller buses is partly to do with the general public perception that transit buses in smaller communities run empty or nearly empty all the time.

Definitely the case in Penticton haha. Ashton has long been vocal about how he thinks the buses are always empty.

He wasn't nearly as anti-transit as Coun. Pearce or Albas though, but thankfully neither are on council anymore! (although Albas is now MP)

Here's some photos of 7130 running in Pentiction. I might be back over there in a few weeks to get some more photos, I was with friends and they aren't too "bus crazy :P

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chsscassidy/7155908944/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chsscassidy/7155909726/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chsscassidy/7155910504/in/photostream/

The drivers seemed to like the bus, but all the passengers HATE it. There were onboard surveys, and remember, the only people who take surveys are the ones who hate things.

Chris Cassidy