2008 Edmonton and Area Spottings

James

At least at the one option, you get 3 meals a day too and lots of friends to hang out with! But you already knew that from experience!

Would you two be cell mates?

On a serious note... 4048 appears to have large fleet numbers on the rear.

58 was at Southgate.

1037 had the new door buttons (if I haven't noted this yet, an older car had green LED's. The recent modified cars use buttons with orange LED's. It almost looks like the regular, push buttons).

910 was on a low floor run on the 141 oddly enough (15:43 departure, sign board at Coliseum underpass, EB, showed it as LF). Judging from the reaction of a person with a stroller, it is not normal for this run to be a GM. I didn't hear the whole story from the driver (he was at the front, I was at the back) but it sounds like there was a mix up at the garage.

Trainset on E track that James noted was 1010, 1027, 1019.

Spotted at least 4 hybrids in Ferrier. I don't think any have run in service this year :P

Should anyone want to complain about 6000's lack of apperance over the past few days, please make sure to complain about the hybrids not being out as well.

• Board Admin
1037 had the new door buttons (if I haven't noted this yet, an older car had green LED's. The recent modified cars use buttons with orange LED's. It almost looks like the regular, push buttons).
Nice, I didn't notice 1037 yet but I tend to ignore that care since I ride it too much. They really do look like the old ones until they light up, then they look significantly different (wider light area). I think you have to push right in the middle too, or else you'll be pushing plastic.

Not sure if the green one is still around, haven't seen it for quite some time...

Is this our M. Parsons? A letter from today's Sun:

I found it interesting that Gord Schneider was offended by Andrew Hanon's Jan. 1 POV suggesting tax incentives be given to people who eat healthy and exercise. I believe it will go way beyond tax incentives. As smokers wise up and quit or the last smoker dies off, attention from our high and mighty moral watchdogs will surely look for another group to reform. I believe it will be the obese, the overweight and the out-of-shape among us. As the government will need to recoup billions in lost tax revenue from tobacco, it will jump at the chance for more regulation of our personal health. Getting caught feeding your child a McDonald's burger or fries will mean a $250 fine. You'll pay $2 in tax for pop and candy. Hey you, the couch potato. Tag! You're it!

M. Parsons

(You worry too much.)

• Board Admin

Interesting LRT ride back north today. Saw my train come in SB to University. One of the doors in the north car was sticking, or someone was holding it. The exterior door lights came on and off about 10 times, and the announcement went off at least 3 times. Finally after resetting the train, it got going again.

When I got on, everything seemed to be OK, until we got to Central. There was probably another door problem, but the curious thing was that the "Press to open door" didn't light up, but the chimes/announcement went about 2 times. Not sure if the train got reset that time.

Then exiting Belvedere we stopped probably about at the signal/switch there, and the door chime/announcement went off there too.

Fare checker got on at Churchill but didn't check any fares. They did tell someone to put out their cigarette at Coliseum though, and got off at Belvedere (where H2315 was, so probably just traveling there).

So today I set out with a camera in tow to catch some Vanna shots, and more importantly, get Mike on / with a trolley for our next FTD installment. So guess who didn't have a trolley today ? Last week his run had a trolley but had traded his shift. The week before that I didn't have my camera because he was supposed to have Vanna (Dec. 26, Dec. 31 and Jan.01) so we were holding out on possibly getting Vanna into the FTD act. Oh well, we'll just have to keep trying. I may just have some extra days off (for photography and stuff) coming soon if some of those jobs I've applied for don't hurry up and happen. The trouble with City Jobs is that they take so long to 'happen' from the time the posting closes until you finally 'hear' from them.