Whistler Transit

3 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

I'm shocked they're putting NextRide into such old buses... they're so so so slow to install it in Victoria right now. 

Yeah i figured they’d do that with at least one of the 1998’s up there since there was a need for 3 extra buses this winter though i was suprised when i came across 9753 on nextride.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cleowin said:

I listened to a XN40 video of their latest models.. the interiors of BC Transit vehicles are absolutely horrid, but the XN40 with Voith transmission sounds very nice, the closest Xcelsior I've heard that sounds like Translink's Cummin's D40LF's.

What do you mean by the interiors are horrid? The seating layout? The seat type/upholstery? The interior lighting? 

14 hours ago, cleowin said:

The seat type mainly, also i prefer yellow bars, the silver bars make it look retro. The colours arent great

Hmm. I like the silver bars, however I do not like the yellow stop buttons. The seat color is defenitly not the best. Perhaps blue seating for priority seating and black seating for the rest would make sense. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Thomasw said:

9415 is still in Whistler according to next ride

IMG_0557.thumb.PNG.4b6ceff73b64c23ac9f9ec0f6e3fe305.PNG

Yeah it will likely be around until the end of the ski season in April/May to handle the extra crowds along with the 3 D40LFs they’ve recently brought from storage. Not sure what the plan for them will be after that though

18 minutes ago, Rd320 said:

Yeah it will likely be around until the end of the ski season in April/May to handle the extra crowds along with the 3 D40LFs they’ve recently brought from storage. Not sure what the plan for them will be after that though

Which D40LFs did they bring out of storage?

Could some one also update the wiki to include these new changes

@Articulated@Kevin L

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Express691 said:

Long time since the last post, saw 1148 doing the 99 Pemberton Commuter

Novas undergoing repair perhaps?

Only 2 Novas for a 7-day-a-week route, so when one has to go in for scheduled maintenance, there's no backup if the second unit develops issues.

If it was only that route out of its own division, BC Transit would've certainly given a 3rd unit to keep as an emergency backup; however, the XN40s are more than capable of serving as backups.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 5:55 PM, Busmanic92 said:

Sorry but I'd recommend finding a better source and removing that link, it is pro-employer anti-worker propaganda piece, starting right at the title. Half the article is just a direct quote of a PWT spokesperson bashing their employees.

"PWT's director of B.C. operations Steve Antil questioned the idea of wage parity given how much he said transit duties can differ across communities, and that Sea to Sky workers are already "close to the top of the heap" when it comes to wages."

That's... pretty laughable. This is probably the highest cost-of-living area served by BC Transit (outside the CRD). Then this clown goes on to defend their low wages by saying other people in similar earn less, so somehow that justifies PWT paying their employees dirt cheap.

Please find a better news source.

• Like 4