Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MCW Metrobus

Whistler Transit

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

I'm shocked they're putting NextRide into such old buses... they're so so so slow to install it in Victoria right now. 

Yeah i figured they’d do that with at least one of the 1998’s up there since there was a need for 3 extra buses this winter though i was suprised when i came across 9753 on nextride.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened to a XN40 video of their latest models.. the interiors of BC Transit vehicles are absolutely horrid, but the XN40 with Voith transmission sounds very nice, the closest Xcelsior I've heard that sounds like Translink's Cummin's D40LF's.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cleowin said:

I listened to a XN40 video of their latest models.. the interiors of BC Transit vehicles are absolutely horrid, but the XN40 with Voith transmission sounds very nice, the closest Xcelsior I've heard that sounds like Translink's Cummin's D40LF's.

What do you mean by the interiors are horrid? The seating layout? The seat type/upholstery? The interior lighting? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt Dunlop said:

What do you mean by the interiors are horrid? The seating layout? The seat type/upholstery? The interior lighting? 

The seat type mainly, also i prefer yellow bars, the silver bars make it look retro. The colours arent great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, cleowin said:

The seat type mainly, also i prefer yellow bars, the silver bars make it look retro. The colours arent great

Hmm. I like the silver bars, however I do not like the yellow stop buttons. The seat color is defenitly not the best. Perhaps blue seating for priority seating and black seating for the rest would make sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thomasw said:

9415 is still in Whistler according to next ride

IMG_0557.thumb.PNG.4b6ceff73b64c23ac9f9ec0f6e3fe305.PNG

Yeah it will likely be around until the end of the ski season in April/May to handle the extra crowds along with the 3 D40LFs they’ve recently brought from storage. Not sure what the plan for them will be after that though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rd320 said:

Yeah it will likely be around until the end of the ski season in April/May to handle the extra crowds along with the 3 D40LFs they’ve recently brought from storage. Not sure what the plan for them will be after that though

Which D40LFs did they bring out of storage?

Could some one also update the wiki to include these new changes

@Articulated@Kevin L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

Which D40LFs did they bring out of storage?

Could some one also update the wiki to include these new changes

@Articulated@Kevin L

The D40LF’s are 9753, 9756, and 9816

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×