Whistler Transit

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-10-23 at 0:28 PM, Blue Bus Fan said:

The CNG project is scheduled to be complete by early 2018 with 25 XN40 arriving after CNG fuelling Station is operational:

https://bctransit.com/whistler/news/article?nid=1403647340100

• Like 1

Spotted bc transit 9734 on blackomb way yesterday, in the classic bc transit scheme. It was signed up as "Shuttle".

It could have been doing the 5 Benchlands shuttle, since I doubt it had the whistler destinations programmed in - I didn't see anything else up there besides the usual novas. 

2 minutes ago, Rd320 said:

Drove past the yard today and noticed 9755, 9737, and what looked to be 9940 parked in the back of the yard

9940 is recently retired, it was last allocated to Squamish. Probably storing it in Whistler as the Squamish yard is way too small to be storing unusable buses.

26 minutes ago, Articulated said:

9940 is recently retired, it was last allocated to Squamish. Probably storing it in Whistler as the Squamish yard is way too small to be storing unusable buses.

Yeah. Im guessing that means 9933 has possibly been scrapped or sent somewhere else since its not there or in Squamish and was replaced by 9947

2 hours ago, Rd320 said:

Yeah. Im guessing that means 9933 has possibly been scrapped or sent somewhere else since its not there or in Squamish and was replaced by 9947

Interesting if 9933 is gone now... that was still on the roster in January. 9947 was listed as a "contingency" unit so maybe 9933 is off for repairs.

On 2017-04-01 at 5:04 PM, Articulated said:

Interesting if 9933 is gone now... that was still on the roster in January. 9947 was listed as a "contingency" unit so maybe 9933 is off for repairs.

I think you're right. As of yesterday its back and now there is also an ex whistler 30ft 2 door dart parked there too

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, AbbyTransitFan said:

Does anyone know if these new XN40's have the new L9N Engines, or are they ISL-G's?

They sound to me like they are ISL-G when comparing to Surreys new XN40’s with the L9N though im not 100% sure

Went past the garage up in whistler this morning and noticed theres been more buses added to storage aswell as some that have disappeared. Vehicles there were all the buses i noted that left squamish a few weeks ago (however i didnt see 9905 there) aswell as D40lf’s 8099, 8110, 9753, 9754, 9755, and 9816. Nova 9415 is also still up there parked undercover with the XN40s and Nova suburbans

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 12:58 AM, rulerduler said:

I rode kamloops 1094-1114 series. They have voith. I rode stc's (CMBC) new busses since first day in. They do not sound the same. So i think Whistler's are same engines as Kamloops

I want to know. So if anyone hears more let me know

Whistler may have the new Cummins L9-N engine, where the Kamloops buses have ISL G. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...