Airdrie Intercity Commuter Express & Local Service

highfive

That was what i thought originally but the map clearly shows 1 st sw to 9 avenue s to centre street...atleast the 901. 902 goes up Macleod to access 5 avenue to memorial then up deerfoot

http://www.airdrie.c...it/Route901.pdf

http://www.airdrie.c...it/Route902.pdf

The Google Map links show differently though, so I am not entirely sure either.

http://www.airdrie.ca/transit/ice.cfm

I can confirm that a 901 cross 5 avenue at centre street north today. Given the fact that wb 6 ave to centre is currently a no right turn, the only other option would be 9 ave to centre. Yet if you look at the am and pm trips, it shows the am trip from dt to airdrie 9-c and the pm trips 9-mac-5-mem so idk why 1 was firing up centre tonight

The one in the photo that you posted is of a C40LFR, C35LFR or C30LFR. Not a D60LFR at all.

I guessed D40LFR, since pre-wrapped, the Winnipeg buses would look the same with their roof-mounted HVACs if cut off at that angle, although the one in the PDF is alot more of a 45 degree angle than a 90 degree curve. That and to be honest, I haven't seen a D60LFR with those style of HVACS, just the tiny "Thermo King" ones...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just saw 901 a couple moments ago NB on 36th street NE at Marlborough station, just in regular traffic.

WTF? He's way off route and on one of the slower means for getting north.... Anyone know why?

Jon

Accident on northbound Deerfoot at 64th Avenue made Deerfoot a parking lot. Seen an Aidrie unit on 52nd Street once btw.

Just saw 901 a couple moments ago NB on 36th street NE at Marlborough station, just in regular traffic.

WTF? He's way off route and on one of the slower means for getting north.... Anyone know why?

Jon

Accident on northbound Deerfoot at 64th Avenue made Deerfoot a parking lot. Seen an Aidrie unit on 52nd Street once btw.

I have seen this too. Was a little confused at first but if you look at the routing, it actually makes a lot of sense. Given the fact the prescribed routing out of Calgary from the core is via 5 avenue, memorial drive to deerfoot, if there is an issue on deerfoot, continuing to barlow, 36 or 52 are the only options given their location. Either that or sit in the traffic on deerfoot. Of course they could have rerouted before they left the core but the driver was probably made aware of the issue pulling up to deerfoot.

• 2 weeks later...

From an article in "Airdrie City View" on February 13th, it appears that one more 40' bus is on order for this year.

http://m.airdriecityview.com/article/20130213/ACV0801/302139953/0/acv0801/intercity-express-passengers-will-soon-pay-more-for-service&template=JQMArticle

From a fleet list survey provided by CUTA, it is a Nova LFS. I do not know when delivery will be.

The buses are packed during service hours, I can see more buses on the way to help out on the heavy loads, I realy think they should use the shuttle buses for regular service to Calgary to help with the costs. Its a 25 minute drive to Saddeltown Station from Airdrie, then another 20 minute LRT ride to the core.

Good to hear the fleet is growning.

The buses are packed during service hours, I can see more buses on the way to help out on the heavy loads, I realy think they should use theshuttle buses for regular service to Calgary to help with the costs. Its a 25 minute drive to Saddeltown Station from Airdrie, then another 20 minute LRT ride to the core.

Is it possible that they might possibly upgrade an Airdrie route to a full-size bus from an Arboc, even with extra ICE demand?

The buses are packed during service hours, I can see more buses on the way to help out on the heavy loads, I realy think they should use the shuttle buses for regular service to Calgary to help with the costs. Its a 25 minute drive to Saddeltown Station from Airdrie, then another 20 minute LRT ride to the core.

If your lucky enough to get parking at Saddletown. There isnt much there in the first place!

Is it possible that they might possibly upgrade an Airdrie route to a full-size bus from an Arboc, even with extra ICE demand?

Did you read the article?

From an article in "Airdrie City View" on February 13th, it appears that one more 40' bus is on order for this year.

http://m.airdriecity...late=JQMArticle

From a fleet list survey provided by CUTA, it is a Nova LFS. I do not know when delivery will be.

The NOVA LFS has been in service for a couple of months now. I forget when it went into service but the 4th bus let them put a 4th run onto the schedule.

The NOVA LFS has been in service for a couple of months now. I forget when it went into service but the 4th bus let them put a 4th run onto the schedule.

Look at the date of the article, they are talking about a second Nova LFS ordered in late 2012. The first LFS has been in service for some time now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...