BC Transit - Vernon Regional Transit System

• 4 weeks later...

9909 does have the new blue/green paint job on it and with the rear door, there is only one wheelchair spot so it's gonna be a whole lot of fun getting bombarded with strollers and walkers with no place for them lol!

Is 9909 still operating in Vernon as of today? I am hoping I will see it this Friday when I stop in town. Also, are you working this Friday?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response BCT. 9909 was sent to Trail (?) once we had everything installed and retrofited for service in Vernon. It was never used. However 9930 is now in Vernon and had to be towed on her second day of service lol.

Sorry for the late response BCT. 9909 was sent to Trail (?) once we had everything installed and retrofited for service in Vernon. It was never used. However 9930 is now in Vernon and had to be towed on her second day of service lol.

That's ok. It turns out I got into the Vernon area way to late in the evening for photos. Enjoyed some Carl's Junior and headed off to Revelstoke for the night.

• 3 months later...

0001 arrived in Vernon late last week. Rumour's circulating that BC Transit sent it to us so our mechanics can spend all their time getting it ready and then send it off somewhere else again like half the buses they send our way or maybe it'll have so much rust in the rear doors that it can't be used and sit in our yard for a year like 9058 :rolleyes:

Also a few more Arboc's arrived (didn't pay attention to the unit numbers) and are being used in Salmon Arm as the Polar's are being phased out.

"However 9930 is now in Vernon and had to be towed on her second day of service lol."

Many days stuck on the side of the road in that girl. Glad to hear after she left Chilliwack that she still has her charm :P Have fun.

:lol: She's about as reliable as all the other Dart's we have :lol: But I do like where you guys have your GFI keypad located, ours were put right infront of the little holder for your paddle so you can't see what the heck your doing LOL!

A few more changes to the 90 in the past and coming few weeks. Back in December, the service was reduced to 4 trips a day due to classes being out for Christmas, so we only operated the (Leaving Vernon) 7:00, 8:00, 16:00 and 17:00 trips for a total of 6 days. The cost to implement the changes actually probably cost the North Okanagan Regional District twice as much as it would have to have kept all 8 trips a day for those few days. Buracrecy at its best LOL!

As of Jan 2, we went back to our 8 trips per day, however, the 18:00 departure for Vernon (19:00 from UBC) was moved to 13:00 (Vernon) 14:00 (UBC). This was done to try and take some pressure off the 16:00 departure from UBC which has helped somewhat, but the 16:00 UBC departure is still overcrowded.

As of February, there will be 2 more trips per day bringing it up to 10 trips per day. The new trips will be leaving Vernon at 9:00 and at 12:00 and leaving UBC at 10:00 and 13:00. However, with the introduction of the 10 trips per day, summer service (I'm assuming June, July and August) will be cut back to only 4 trips.

EDIT: Increased service starts February 12 until April 26

Looks like 9276 was involved in an accident on Hwy 97 this afternoon ...

http://www.castanet....20-2-.htm#86320

... had the day off so I don't know any of the details but the earlier pictures showed the bus (don't know what happened to those pictures though) which didn't show any signs of damage so I'm assuming the injured person was the one in the car.

EDIT - was just watching CHBC news which had a bit of info, anyways, both vehicles were travelling north and the car decided to pass when the car driver lost control, hit the side of the bus and went into the dish. The injured person was the passenger in the car, no one on the bus was hurt and the only damage was some scuffing on the driver side of the bus. I'll post a link to the video once it becomes available.

EDIT - Video ...

http://www.chbcnews.ca/video/chbc+news+at+500+jan+23+top+stories/video.html?v=2328558262&p=1&s=dd#newscasts

... skip to 7:40

0001 arrived in Vernon late last week. Rumour's circulating that BC Transit sent it to us so our mechanics can spend all their time getting it ready and then send it off somewhere else again like half the buses they send our way or maybe it'll have so much rust in the rear doors that it can't be used and sit in our yard for a year like 9058 :rolleyes:

Also a few more Arboc's arrived (didn't pay attention to the unit numbers) and are being used in Salmon Arm as the Polar's are being phased out.

so all the ex-Whistler's 99's with two doors, and 00's series darts are back in service? How many of the Darts have been refurbished so far?

so all the ex-Whistler's 99's with two doors, and 00's series darts are back in service?How many of the Darts have been refurbished so far?

I can't help you on the Whistler two doors and 00's series except that the only two door 30 footer we've had (9909) was sent off to Trail (I think) just after our mechanics got it all fixed up. As for the 00 series, 0001 is the only one that we've ever had.

How many of the Darts have been refurbished so far?

I can tell you that 9901, 02, 03, 04, 17, 23, 24, 30, 34 and 35 haven't been refurbished.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not much has been happening up here as of late. Most of the Ford Polars are gone and have been replaced by the Chevy Arbocs. No new Darts or Novas. The 90 North Okanagan Connector has been on "summer hours" since May which means the service has been reduced for the first time since the trial we had over Christmas ... so we are only running the (leaving Vernon) 7 and 8 am and 3 and 4 pm runs. We will be back to the 10 time daily trips once the University resumes classes. No official word if the routing will be changing once the new highway opens up between Oyama and Winfield in the next few weeks.

Thanks! I think a few of us would like to have them to add to the Wiki pages if you are okay with that.

Sure, just give me a couple of weeks and you can Wiki the hell out of the numbers :P

Is C-619 still in active revenue service? T'would be awesome to take some pictures/videos of it when I'm up there in three weeks' time :)

Well, 619 is sill in active revenue service but it does get pulled off the road from time to time with some sort of issue and gets replaced by a Nova so hopefully she'll be clankering away when you're up here :)

Sure, just give me a couple of weeks and you can Wiki the hell out of the numbers :P

Well, 619 is sill in active revenue service but it does get pulled off the road from time to time with some sort of issue and gets replaced by a Nova so hopefully she'll be clankering away when you're up here :)

Wow! Thought that thing was already long gone... Here's a pic: http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/Britishcolumbia/vernon/international/191108-3204vernonc619.jpg