Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BCT-3122-D800-10240

BC Transit - Vernon Regional Transit System

334 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find out how many buses are active in Vernon.

I only know of the following 3 1999 Dennis Darts (30 footers): 9901, 9902, & 9917. I would like to know if there are any others at this point. I have a small Photo Gallery with some Vernon photos including the 3 mentioned Darts on my website at this direct link: http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/British...ernon/index.htm

Found the following Dart's operating in Vernon today: 9901, 9902, 9903, 9904, 9924 (Ex-Kelowna), and 9934 (Ex-Prince George).

Two Nova's too, I believe. No idea on the #'s.

Two Nova's too, I believe. No idea on the #'s.

Not sure about that as I found #9278 at the Garage in Kelowna (with Kelowna decals) and then found #9272 running with Vernon decals on it on route 90 which is the new route to Vernon which seems to be quite well used might I add. saw a full bus as it arrived at UBCO.

Through totally random chance I was in Vernon quite literally the minute the two were delivered. Isn't there also a service to Silver Star now too, or is that coming later?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find out how many buses are active in Vernon.

I only know of the following 3 1999 Dennis Darts (30 footers): 9901, 9902, & 9917. I would like to know if there are any others at this point. I have a small Photo Gallery with some Vernon photos including the 3 mentioned Darts on my website at this direct link: http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/British...ernon/index.htm

A bit late with a response (just over a year ... lol) but heres a full list:

8 x 30' Dennis Darts = 9901, 9902, 9903, 9904, 9917, 9924 (ex-Kelowna 2006 and again in 2007), 9934 (ex-Prince George 2007) and 9935 (ex-Prince George 2007).

2 x Nova LFS = 9272, 9273 (both delivered 2008)

1 x International Eldorado = C-619

9 x Ford Polars (for HandyDart and Community Bus) = B020, B023, B038, B039, C-916, C-934, C-996, 2096 and 2154.

Through totally random chance I was in Vernon quite literally the minute the two were delivered. Isn't there also a service to Silver Star now too, or is that coming later?

The Silver Star run was supposed to start in November 2008 but is a no-go for now (typical Vernon politics unfortunatly). There is a shuttle service being operated by Premier Coach Lines but has nothing to do with us.

Thanks for the update. I will work in Vernon three times for a total of 22 days over the next 90, I will try and get some snapshots. May even try and go for a ride if time permits.

Thanks for the update. I will work in Vernon three times for a total of 22 days over the next 90, I will try and get some snapshots. May even try and go for a ride if time permits.

PM me before if you get a chance, so I can give you a wave if you're taking a shot of my bus :)

Will do :) I always try and get on the system but I get worked pretty hard when I am up there, and my contracts are so short I usually don't have a day off, which I don't mind. In April I have a day to fart around, I wouldn't mind getting on the Nova to check it out, I have actually never been on a BC Transit one.

I have to say the few operators I have had in Vernon over the last three years have always been courteous.

As of tomorrow, both Nova's will have the new blue/green livery on instead of the temporary white scheme since arrival in August. 9273 is already done and 9272 is in the shop half applied. As much as I'd love to see our Darts with the livery, I doubt they're going to be touched. Rumour is still circulating that they'll be gone (province wide) by 2011.

Hey I will be driving up to Vernon to spend 6 days there tomorrow. Just in time :rolleyes:

As of tomorrow, both Nova's will have the new blue/green livery on instead of the temporary white scheme since arrival in August. 9273 is already done and 9272 is in the shop half applied. As much as I'd love to see our Darts with the livery, I doubt they're going to be touched. Rumour is still circulating that they'll be gone (province wide) by 2011.
You don't think you will see the Vernon Darts in the new livery? Duncan #9929 is in new livery already:

280209-5511duncan9929.jpg

Hey I will be driving up to Vernon to spend 6 days there tomorrow. Just in time :)

I got the bus numbers mixed up in my other post there. 9272 is done and 73 is still in the shop and is still only half applied, so 9272 is covering the UBCO run tomorrow for sure and most likely Friday. The Nova's don't run on the weekend, and I would assume that 9272 will continue the route throughout next week.

Since you're coming up, I'll let everyone know to put on there smiley faces for ya! :) Just an idea, but I think a shot of the Nova going along the highway would look real nice. I just picked up a new Olympus E510 and I have a few ideas for good photo ops. I've got my 4 days off coming up this weekend, so I'll go out and see what I can get. I also still have to get a shot of 9935 for you, its the only one with a yellow bike rack, so it sticks out like a sore thumb .... :P

You don't think you will see the Vernon Darts in the new livery? Duncan #9929 is in new livery already:

As much as I'd like to see them in the new livery, I very much doubt it. It's taken 8 months to finally get it on the Nova's. And at this point in time, I think BC Transit doesn't want to bother with them anymore, or at least with ours. But, you never know. Its not so much getting the old decals off and applying new ones, but the lower panels have to repainted, and some of them are pretty banged up right now, so I'm sure BC Transit wants to just save the money. I'm wondering if our International (C-619) is going for the new look, would look pretty sharp!

9273 was finished today, so both Nova's have the new colours on them ... :o

I was bored yesterday, so I decided to create a destination sign for Vernon:

3475996577_5003314f7e.jpg

:)

Very nice! To be honest, I've never driven the run so I'm not even sure what the destination side actually reads ... lol! I think it says "North Okanagan Connector - UBCO" for the trip down, not sure for the trip back to Vernon, I don't think anyone ever (other than me) actually uses the inbound codes on the signs. For example, when I'm downtown and put the outbound code in for #3 Alexis Park, it says "#3 Alexis Park - Vernon Square - Village Green Mall - WalMart", once I get to the mall I punch in the inbound code and it switches to "#3 Alexis Park - Walmart - Vernon Square - Downtown". Since all our routes (with the exception of the regional runs) are loops, no one really pays attention to the inbound codes.

Sounds boring, I know, but I'm bored so I just felt like sharing that for no real reason .... :)

Very nice! To be honest, I've never driven the run so I'm not even sure what the destination side actually reads ... lol! I think it says "North Okanagan Connector - UBCO" for the trip down, not sure for the trip back to Vernon, I don't think anyone ever (other than me) actually uses the inbound codes on the signs.

Yup, DJ's replica is accurate! Here's the real thing.

That's actually the EXACT image used to help me make the sign!! lol

Goes to show you how much I pay attention to our own fleet .... ^_^

We just got a brand new Ford Polar for the the HandyDart fleet the other week, didn't catch the number on it but it does have the new green/blue livery and a nice chrome front .. lol!

It will be used specifically for the HandyDart services as it was ordered without a stop request chime.

Saw that today...I believe it was #2216.

Penticton also has one of the new green/blue Polars to replace the 20xx HandyDart that burned last December.

2216 ... thats the number .... lol!

C916 and C939 will be leaving the fleet shortly. Don't know where yet, but most likely to a system that still runs older Polars so they can be used for parts.

2216 ... thats the number .... lol!

Dude! I saw photos of those new Fords being built and they look HOT with that Chrome and new scheme! :rolleyes:

Any photos?

Mister Cassidy

Dude! I saw photos of those new Fords being built and they look HOT with that Chrome and new scheme! :)

Any photos?

Mister Cassidy

I'll see if I can snap one tomorrow. Might end up having to take one of it parked along with the other Polars due to my shift and 2216s drivers shift not realling meeting each other during the day.

Rumours are starting to surface again with possible new buses coming in the short future including from after the Olympics. Will have to wait and see though, I've heard way too many rumours lately :P

However, it looks like the new maintanence shop and yard has been pretty well approved and is now scheduled to start with construction come April. Hopefully this is for sure this time because we really need a new home :P