Routes that have/have been served by different types of buses

yrt+viva=1system

I don't remember ever seeing Vs used on 65 and 72, just D40LFs.

IIRC, Parliament got Vs along with D40LFs. Before the D40LFs left Eggy, 65 was the D40LF route. Then the transition occured from D40LFs to Vs and then the VIIs. I remember when I started seeing VIIs on Parliament, I didn't see a single D40LF on Parliament.

75 became an HF accessible route using the Nova RTSes as they arrived at Danforth. When Danforth closed and 75 was moved to New Eglinton it stayed as an HF accessible route and used Eglinton's 1996 Orion Vs (the 7000s) along with the occasional D40LF I'm sure. It continued to use them until they were moved to Malvern with the arrival of the 7400s at which point 75 became an LF route. All other HF accessible routes that used the Nova RTSes when at Danforth moved to Eglinton as well and used the 7000s along with the occasional 7300s. 81, 87 and 100 come to mind when I think back. Form what I can remember Danforth's accessible routes were 65, 72, 81, 87 and 100. When they were moved to Eglinton I believe 81, 87 and 100 stayed HF accessible while 65 and 72 were changed to LF routes. I don't remember ever seeing Vs used on 65 and 72, just D40LFs.

EDIT:

Now that I think back to Eglinton's early days. Did the Orion Vs ever get used on 192 or was it strictly D40LFs with a ban on HFs?

72 Pape had mostly Orion Vs when Eglinton had them. The route only went LF when they moved. Most if not all exDanforth Accessible routes stayed HF when with New eglinton, while other Eglinton routes stayed LF. Of course the odd D40LF made it onto 72.

And all or most Non-accesible danforth routes went to Bmount.

Edit: I was reading so quickly I repeated a bit of what you said.

I know but this one was a ride that made me like the D-901's even more. I used to somewhat not like the D-901's but this one gave me a different perspective of them. At first my opinion was those buses were sluggish and all but that ride proved me dead wrong.

Unless you painted the '81 flyers and 1985-'86 with the same brush? The 1981 were a bit sluggissh during the end of there life. But I still liked them

IIRC, Parliament got Vs along with D40LFs. Before the D40LFs left Eggy, 65 was the D40LF route. Then the transition occured from D40LFs to Vs and then the VIIs. I remember when I started seeing VIIs on Parliament, I didn't see a single D40LF on Parliament.

I remember that. Also remember the Orion V lifts on 72. This was about 2001 or so...

@d40-90: I'll say! It took me like 20 minutes to go from STC to Huntingwood/Brimley on one of those '81 flyers when they used to have them on the 139. :)

I remember that. Also remember the Orion V lifts on 72. This was about 2001 or so...

@d40-90: I'll say! It took me like 20 minutes to go from STC to Huntingwood/Brimley on one of those '81 flyers when they used to have them on the 139. :)

I'd say more like 12 to 15 minutes between STC and Brimley since I frequently use(d) the Huntingwood route and rode them alot of times.

Lucky both of you, I never got to ride a '81 Flyer on 139/169, I just saw them when at STC. how long did they last on that route, i'm guessing not long? I know wilson had that route for sometime, even the CNG made it on there, but I never seen one at STC. I hope Wilson takes up that route again!

@d40-90: I'll say! It took me like 20 minutes to go from STC to Huntingwood/Brimley on one of those '81 flyers when they used to have them on the 139. :P

The Orion Vs were on 72 from 2002-2004. It seem longer than that for some reason.

Lucky both of you, I never got to ride a '81 Flyer on 139/169, I just saw them when at STC. how long did they last on that route, i'm guessing not long? I know wilson had that route for sometime, even the CNG made it on there, but I never seen one at STC. I hope Wilson takes up that route again!

I only remember them on that route in 1998-1999 when I used to go to school near Huntingwood. The last time I saw one on that route was in April or May of that year which was the last time I rode one as well. They use to throw just about anything onto that route.

The Orion Vs were on 72 from 2002-2004. It seem longer than that for some reason.

Ah that's right it was in '02 not '01.

I only remember them on that route in 1998-1999 when I used to go to school near Huntingwood. The last time I saw one on that route was in April or May of that year which was the last time I rode one as well. They use to throw just about anything onto that route.

That was normal back then too. I miss those days

I remember the 72,100,87, and 94 were basically 100% Orion V lift. Of course, I didn't go into those areas that often, but the 20-30 times I saw those routes back in summer 2003, they were never anything else. I didn't even know D40LFs could appear until I saw pictures years later.....

The earliest buses I saw when I was just a wee lad were the D901 and the D901As. I remember walking along Yonge Street, I saw a D901A on the 6A. Sherbourne is where I always saw D901s. Then I saw the RTSs then I asked myself, "Why isn't the sign moving?" I also have one memory when I was with a summer camp and we totally crammed onto 7350 on Parliament. Counciller got to press the farebox button. :P

The earliest buses I saw when I was just a wee lad were the D901 and the D901As. I remember walking along Yonge Street, I saw a D901A on the 6A. Sherbourne is where I always saw D901s. Then I saw the RTSs then I asked myself, "Why isn't the sign moving?" I also have one memory when I was with a summer camp and we totally crammed onto 7350 on Parliament. Counciller got to press the farebox button. :P

D901A? :P

D901A? :P

Yes D901A. Those were the A/C buses that was used for TTC regular service in the winter months and Sightseeing Tours in Toronto in the Summer. Plus the seats in the buses were nice and comfortable. My ride on one of them was on 34 Eglinton East from Markham Rd to Eglinton Stn. Even 139 Huntingwood saw some of them also I rode it on there too. Aww memories. I miss those days :P .

Yes D901A. Those were the A/C buses that was used for TTC regular service in the winter months and Sightseeing Tours in Toronto in the Summer. Plus the seats in the buses were nice and comfortable. My ride on one of them was on 34 Eglinton East from Markham Rd to Eglinton Stn. Even 139 Huntingwood saw some of them also I rode it on there too. Aww memories. I miss those days :P .

Were all the D901As used up for sight seeing tours? I remember walking in shorts and seeing a D901A along Yonge Street, where the 6A/B turned.

Were all the D901As used up for sight seeing tours? I remember walking in shorts and seeing a D901A along Yonge Street, where the 6A/B turned.

According to Transit Toronto, they were used a lot as shuttles on streetcar routes in the last summer or two of their life. I remember seeing one of the A/C equipped D901s on 505 westbound on Dundas at Dufferin. This was one of two memories of ever seeing one.

That I don't know but all I know is that in the summer months the "Greyline" decals were placed on the D901A's covering the TTC logos.

Just adding on... there were 10 units, 8477-8486. They were originally all based out of Eglinton, but the lower 6 later went to Queensway in April 1996; by the beginning of retirement for their series in 1998 most of them had made it back to Eglinton, and there were some transferring between the two divisions before they all eventually got withdrawn in 1999.

According to Transit Toronto, they were used a lot as shuttles on streetcar routes in the last summer or two of their life. I remember seeing one of the A/C equipped D901s on 505 westbound on Dundas at Dufferin. This was one of two memories of ever seeing one.

That's also true. But mainly the reason for the A/C D901's were for sightseeing tours in the Summer and regular TTC Service at other times. But as you've mentioned close to the end of their lives the D901A's were found on Streetcar shuttles alot.

Oh you mean the ones that were for the Gray Line service. I remember those. Last time I rode one was on the 34. I remember the seats but I don't think the AC worked.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skaliwag66/38...57624112536654/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skaliwag66/4602485830/sizes/l/

Oh you mean the ones that were for the Gray Line service. I remember those. Last time I rode one was on the 34. I remember the seats but I don't think the AC worked.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skaliwag66/38...57624112536654/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skaliwag66/4602485830/sizes/l/

From Toronto Buses:

The A/C system designed in 1981 was unsuccessful and was removed after the first 6th year major overhaul.

I remember the 72,100,87, and 94 were basically 100% Orion V lift. Of course, I didn't go into those areas that often, but the 20-30 times I saw those routes back in summer 2003, they were never anything else. I didn't even know D40LFs could appear until I saw pictures years later.....

When were Orion Vs on Wellesley 94?

I lived on Wellesley between 1984 and 2006, except for 1993-1995. In the early years, it was all GMs....7300s, 7900s, etc.

By the mid '90s, high floor Flyers of the mid-6000 series. (I don't recally any D901s.)

Then it was the RTS buses, I think around Y2K.

After living on Wellesley, and then moving out into the Queensway domain (Long Branch) I was utterly amazed when I got an Orion V a year or two ago on Steeles East. "What is this strange bus?" I thought. (It was part of my "one lap of Toronto" trip, where I went from Long Branch to Rouge Hill, north, across Steeles, and south on either Martin Grove or Highway 27. Took a while, and the automated stop announcements and particularly the beep-beep of the rear doors on low-floors were starting to make me a little psychotic.)

It was while New Eggy was open. Back then, they had D40LFs, Vs, Fishies and Classics. This was early 2000s, around 2001 or later until the delivery of the VIIs. I can remember 7000's messed up engine when it was accelerating at Wellesley and Ontario.

I lived on Wellesley between 1984 and 2006, except for 1993-1995. In the early years, it was all GMs....7300s, 7900s, etc.

By the mid '90s, high floor Flyers of the mid-6000 series. (I don't recally any D901s.)

Then it was the RTS buses, I think around Y2K.

After living on Wellesley, and then moving out into the Queensway domain (Long Branch) I was utterly amazed when I got an Orion V a year or two ago on Steeles East. "What is this strange bus?" I thought. (It was part of my "one lap of Toronto" trip, where I went from Long Branch to Rouge Hill, north, across Steeles, and south on either Martin Grove or Highway 27. Took a while, and the automated stop announcements and particularly the beep-beep of the rear doors on low-floors were starting to make me a little psychotic.)

How did you not see the D901 in the '90s? Thats werid. You probably saw them but didn't know what they were at the time.

Was 94 Wellesley with Eglinton or Lansdowne garage, in the early '90's?