Jump to content
BCT-3122-D800-10240

1995 D40LF Fleet

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, R. Meu said:

I’d say some of the 7600s should go first, as some of them seem to be in worse condition than 7558. It might stick around for a little longer until CT orders a large number of buses (40 isnt really a whole lot). That being said, who knows.

I totally agree with you.  I only suspected this as 7558 hasn't been active on the tracker since the beginning of the month and that it's now parked with some other 95s on the south fence at SG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TechSpotlight said:

I totally agree with you.  I only suspected this as 7558 hasn't been active on the tracker since the beginning of the month and that it's now parked with some other 95s on the south fence at SG.

Not only that, but just look at the recent ad wrap they slapped on the side of the bus (in the photo I sent earlier). It wouldn't make much sense for them to do that if it was to retire now or like really soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, R. Meu said:

Not only that, but just look at the recent ad wrap they slapped on the side of the bus (in the photo I sent earlier). It wouldn't make much sense for them to do that if it was to retire now or like really soon.

I've seen MCIs and GMs in the past with brand new wraps being retired right away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 4:32 PM, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

7558 was out again today!  She's back!

And that didn't last long.  7558 hasn't run since December 24th, 2018 and was parked again.  Just got word from a contact yesterday that 7558 and 7579 have now both had their CAD systems removed.  So that is it for the 1995 D40LF fleet. Time to keep a watch on the 1996 and 1999 D40LF's.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

And that didn't last long.  7558 hasn't run since December 24th, 2018 and was parked again.  Just got word from a contact yesterday that 7558 and 7579 have now both had their CAD systems removed.  So that is it for the 1995 D40LF fleet. Time to keep a watch on the 1996 and 1999 D40LF's.

Riding 7671 on 148 today reminded me a lot of 7579 on 136. The engine, the squeaking... (edit: just realized a bunch of the route, too)

Sad to see them go

Edited by Imgursdownvote4love
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7558 and 7579 have now had their CT decals removed (except stripes) as well as their fareboxes and seats.  7555, 7570, 7585 and 7590 do not have the seats/farebox/decals removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

7558 and 7579 have now had their CT decals removed (except stripes) as well as their fareboxes and seats.  7555, 7570, 7585 and 7590 do not have anything removed.

I thought I heard 7555 was already parted out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Imgursdownvote4love said:

I thought I heard 7555 was already parted out

7555 was not parted out from what I could see from outside the south fence at SG.  Farebox and seats are still inside.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever wondered what happened to 7579?  Well it is now at Recon Metals awaiting disposal with decals and most of the interior pieces removed.  I'm actually quite surprised it took this long for it to be scrapped.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...