GRT News!

Did some hunting through various places and pulled some tidbits that people may be interested in knowing...

- Pending Regional Council Approval Wednesday (Sept. 27) Route 74 busPLUS RIM Park will get a major route change to service the Eastbridge neighbourhood before getting to RIM Park.

- In Cambridge, iXpress shelters will only be installed at the Bridgecam Station for now. Cambridge Centre Station will NOT be getting shelters because aparently they (GRT and Consultants) are redesigning the terminal there, so it will be a long while before that comes about.

- ALL the Cambridge buses will have Recaro Seats installed shortly, I guess there were a few that still had older seats from the Cambridge Transit days.

- Reportedly there a bunch of little problems with the 2600's. The report doesn't go into detail as to what the problems are, but asks drivers to report any issues with the 2600's to the Garage.

- Don't know if this was posted before or not, and most probably already know, but buses 317, 318 and 319 were retired from service.

Various Places ?? All this is on ONE page on the South Operations page !

Not the first item, and I pulled the second from a different location before I even got to the SouthOps page. Not that it really matters, most people on this board don't check those websites, so its here for them.

Not the first item, and I pulled the second from a different location before I even got to the SouthOps page. Not that it really matters, most people on this board don't check those websites, so its here for them.

Oh Yeah, Guess they wouldn't have something about the 74 on the South Ops page, If their considering extending the route, maybe they should consider using an actual bus on it ? like what happend with the Melran route a few years back.

Attached is the Potential Redesigned Cambridge Center, Which I Copy/Pasted from the iXpress Operations Guide

CAMBRIDGECTR.JPG

Here's two maps showing the 74 RIM Park as it exists today, and the 74 RIM Park as it is proposed to be...

EXISTING ROUTE 74 busPLUS RIM PARK

PROPOSED ROUTE 74 busPLUS RIM PARK

Personally, I would have sent it down the other leg of Chesapeake Drive, since GRT's pratically putting the route on top of the existing Route 5, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. :D But what can ya do?

• 1 month later...

Nothing new really. The word on the street has been 20-30 buses for next year. I guess this confirms the plans however.

This year, GRT is hiring IIRC 60 bus operators, likely to replace retirees and for expansion.

Any idea which buses will be replacing once the LFS arrives?

The 300s were towed off property at 3:00 this afternoon, After seeing one go, I asked our fleet manager where they got sold to, And Welcome to GRT his reply was " I don't know, ask Randy"

Whoever you asked is not the Fleet Manager. "Randy" is the Fleet Manager for both properties.