Jump to content

York Region Transit \ Viva


YRT-Guy
 Share

Recommended Posts

Seems to be a theme of spotting wrapped buses.

YRT 1405 sports the Capital One wrap that was debuted on some TTC LFS's

1 hour ago, yrt1000 said:

I’ll speak for the 4xx’s. Your best bet is definitely rush hour runs. There’s a run on route 1 Highway 7 that begins from RHC around 2:20PM that pretty often has a 2004 on it, but they can really be anywhere. Transsee is your friend

During school times, I believe that's the run that does the 417 Bill Crothers School Special in the afternoon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2022 at 6:34 PM, blue.bird.fan said:

On another note, I've been trying to make it up to York Region over the next few days to ride some of the oldest 2003 and 2004 D40LFs in the process of retirement. Where are the best places to find these?

For the 2003-2004 D40LFs, they can mostly be found on rush hour runs like yrt1000 said, although they may do all day or evening trips depending on the block assigned (seeing these buses outside of rush is becoming rare); Southeast no longer assigns these buses to weekend service based on what I have tracked during the summer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, I've looked through this thread a bit and as far as I know this hasn't yet been mentioned here: there is a new bus in town! Vehicle 2206 (New Flyer XD40, possibly 2022) has been running in Newmarket out of North for a bit. I do not know exactly how long it's been running but I did catch it once on 8/25 as a training vehicle and again on 8/26 as a training vehicle. I also saw it as a 98 along Yonge. If I remember correctly, a friend had seen it before the 25th. It also ran the 31st. 

 

It is not on the wiki and I am unaware of any other buses in this order.  

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 4.42.30 PM.png

A6234A6D-F633-4693-B1CC-457F9C5D8E88.jpeg

64EAE878-A04A-4846-980F-C69F43D146B5.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Urban_96 said:

Okay, I've looked through this thread a bit and as far as I know this hasn't yet been mentioned here: there is a new bus in town! Vehicle 2206 (New Flyer XD40, possibly 2022) has been running in Newmarket out of North for a bit. I do not know exactly how long it's been running but I did catch it once on 8/25 as a training vehicle and again on 8/26 as a training vehicle. I also saw it as a 98 along Yonge. If I remember correctly, a friend had seen it before the 25th. It also ran the 31st. 

 

It is not on the wiki and I am unaware of any other buses in this order.  

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 4.42.30 PM.png

A6234A6D-F633-4693-B1CC-457F9C5D8E88.jpeg

64EAE878-A04A-4846-980F-C69F43D146B5.jpeg

YRT new vehicle deliveries are tracked in this thread. It is to prevent confusion with this thread which is covers news such as service changes. 

Thread regarding new vehicle deliveries is noted below. 

Regarding 2206, it has been in service since August 12th on the 96 Keele-Yonge. Noting that there are a couple new bus orders that are planned and in-process.

22xx units: It is unknown how many buses will be received for XD40 since 2206 has been the only in-service bus for 40 ft or what divisions will get replacement buses. 2206 is allocated to North Division which covers the north region such as Newmarket and Aurora. 

224x units: Not known how many are in this order. Right now, it is from 2241 to 2250 though only 2241, 2242 and 2248 went into service. Those buses are only assigned to Southwest which operates the 20 Jane and planned to be on 107 Keele. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Urban_96 said:

Okay, I've looked through this thread a bit and as far as I know this hasn't yet been mentioned here: there is a new bus in town! Vehicle 2206 (New Flyer XD40, possibly 2022) has been running in Newmarket out of North for a bit. I do not know exactly how long it's been running but I did catch it once on 8/25 as a training vehicle and again on 8/26 as a training vehicle. I also saw it as a 98 along Yonge. If I remember correctly, a friend had seen it before the 25th. It also ran the 31st. 

 

It is not on the wiki and I am unaware of any other buses in this order.  

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 4.42.30 PM.png

A6234A6D-F633-4693-B1CC-457F9C5D8E88.jpeg

64EAE878-A04A-4846-980F-C69F43D146B5.jpeg

YRT numbering: First two digits is the model year followed by the bus number.

It's been like that since bus deliveries after 2003 (with some exceptions (i.e. the renumbered ex-GO units))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gamer Studios said:

YRT numbering: First two digits is the model year followed by the bus number.

It's been like that since bus deliveries after 2003 (with some exceptions (i.e. the renumbered ex-GO units))

It’s been like that for all buses acquired by YRT since 2001, actually. The ex-GO buses use the model year they were originally built.

The buses acquired from the predecessor agencies by YRT were the only exception, which retained their original numbers unless they conflicted with another bus. This occurred between Vaughan Transit and Richmond Hill Transit buses, so the Richmond Hill ones were renumbered to the YRT scheme.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, blue.bird.fan said:

It’s been like that for all buses acquired by YRT since 2001, actually. The ex-GO buses use the model year they were originally built.

The buses acquired from the predecessor agencies by YRT were the only exception, which retained their original numbers unless they conflicted with another bus. This occurred between Vaughan Transit and Richmond Hill Transit buses, so the Richmond Hill ones were renumbered to the YRT scheme.

Right. The SLF230s was another exception. But the ex-GO units weren't originally numbered in their YRT numbers. GO originally had them numbered as 11xx's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cornell Bus Terminal has opened today (September 4th) in conjunction with service changes to direct select routes to the terminal. For those wondering what the first buses arrived at the terminal are via Transsee:

Viva Purple via Highway 7: 1380

Viva Purple A via Enterprise: 1379

Route 1 Highway 7: 1413

Route 2 Milliken: 1615

Route 16 16th Avenue: 1027

 

EDIT: Tweet attached for reference for Purple and Route 16

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GTAmissions1 said:

Cornell Bus Terminal has opened today (September 4th) in conjunction with service changes to direct select routes to the terminal. For those wondering what the first buses arrived at the terminal are via Transsee:

Viva Purple via Highway 7: 1380

Viva Purple A via Enterprise: 1379

Route 1 Highway 7: 1413

Route 2 Milliken: 1615

Route 16 16th Avenue: 1027

 

EDIT: Tweet attached for reference for Purple and Route 16

 

With the terminal opening, there's also a couple changes to the paddles (or "blocks") the buses run on...at least for Sunday Schedules.

The usual break runs have been officially removed from routes 99 Yonge. It's replaced with a driver meeting the buses with a normal change off car/van.

The 2nd 91 run now starts 30 minutes later, and the paddle is scheduled as an all day runner. 

The 9:40pm 99 run now goes on the 98/99. Other 98/99 late nighter trips start at 7:39pm and 8:23pm.

The change off 80 Elgin Mills now happens at 2:57pm instead of 1:27pm.

The change off run on Purple/Purple A is now at 3:27pm.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gamer Studios said:

With the terminal opening, there's also a couple changes to the paddles (or "blocks") the buses run on...at least for Sunday Schedules.

The usual break runs have been officially removed from routes 99 Yonge. It's replaced with a driver meeting the buses with a normal change off car/van.

The 2nd 91 run now starts 30 minutes later, and the paddle is scheduled as an all day runner. 

The 9:40pm 99 run now goes on the 98/99. Other 98/99 late nighter trips start at 7:39pm and 8:23pm.

The change off 80 Elgin Mills now happens at 2:57pm instead of 1:27pm.

The change off run on Purple/Purple A is now at 3:27pm.

 

Yeah I actually noticed this while going through the schedules- it’s for every day, though Sundays had very few of those to begin with, only the 91 and 99 off the top of my head  

It was only SE routes that had those 30+ minute breaks somewhere in the block, now I don’t think I’ve seen any in the ones I’ve reviewed on Transsee for any day of the week 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gamer Studios said:

With the terminal opening, there's also a couple changes to the paddles (or "blocks") the buses run on...at least for Sunday Schedules.

The usual break runs have been officially removed from routes 99 Yonge. It's replaced with a driver meeting the buses with a normal change off car/van.

The 2nd 91 run now starts 30 minutes later, and the paddle is scheduled as an all day runner. 

The 9:40pm 99 run now goes on the 98/99. Other 98/99 late nighter trips start at 7:39pm and 8:23pm.

The change off 80 Elgin Mills now happens at 2:57pm instead of 1:27pm.

The change off run on Purple/Purple A is now at 3:27pm.

 

1 hour ago, yrt1000 said:

Yeah I actually noticed this while going through the schedules- it’s for every day, though Sundays had very few of those to begin with, only the 91 and 99 off the top of my head  

It was only SE routes that had those 30+ minute breaks somewhere in the block, now I don’t think I’ve seen any in the ones I’ve reviewed on Transsee for any day of the week 

Without getting into the details too much, for a long time the contract between Miller Transit and its union contained a requirement to provide operators on longer shifts with a minimum 20 minute break during their shifts; this is why none of the other divisions had such breaks in their schedules. The contract was renegotiated earlier this year, with the union agreeing to give up the break requirement; this September board is the first one where the new "break-less" schedules were incorporated.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/1/2022 at 5:27 PM, GTAmissions1 said:

YRT new vehicle deliveries are tracked in this thread. It is to prevent confusion with this thread which is covers news such as service changes. 

Thread regarding new vehicle deliveries is noted below. 

Regarding 2206, it has been in service since August 12th on the 96 Keele-Yonge. Noting that there are a couple new bus orders that are planned and in-process.

22xx units: It is unknown how many buses will be received for XD40 since 2206 has been the only in-service bus for 40 ft or what divisions will get replacement buses. 2206 is allocated to North Division which covers the north region such as Newmarket and Aurora. 

224x units: Not known how many are in this order. Right now, it is from 2241 to 2250 though only 2241, 2242 and 2248 went into service. Those buses are only assigned to Southwest which operates the 20 Jane and planned to be on 107 Keele. 

Thank you for the reply and redirection to the other thread! Hope to be back in the area soon enough. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bus 2211 time travelled on Route 4 today. Anyone who saw the bus was in for a treat. Prior to entering revenue service, the technicians seemed to have uploaded outdated destination signage from more than 10 years ago!!!

The destination sign was displaying the old style of 1 line only in big capital letters. The destination sign said "ROUTE 4 TO VAUGHAN MILLS VIA CRANSTON PARK". A route that has not existed since 2013.

Yes I do have pics. Expect this problem to be fixed very soon. All the bus needs is a software update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Ber said:

iirc there was mention that crystal's voice recently was finally updated for the first time since 2005. is that true?

Just the special announceents. The next stop system still uses crystal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2022 at 11:05 PM, York Transit said:

Bus 2211 time travelled on Route 4 today. Anyone who saw the bus was in for a treat. Prior to entering revenue service, the technicians seemed to have uploaded outdated destination signage from more than 10 years ago!!!

The destination sign was displaying the old style of 1 line only in big capital letters. The destination sign said "ROUTE 4 TO VAUGHAN MILLS VIA CRANSTON PARK". A route that has not existed since 2013.

Yes I do have pics. Expect this problem to be fixed very soon. All the bus needs is a software update.

It was programmed with a older version of the code from delivery. Thus some routes, the bus was running with a blank sign. It's likely either a oversight from New Flyer or the codes provided to them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Gamer Studios said:

It was programmed with a older version of the code from delivery. Thus some routes, the bus was running with a blank sign. It's likely either a oversight from New Flyer or the codes provided to them

The 1800 XD40s were delivered the same way, with an old version of the sign programming. YRT probably did not supply New Flyer with an updated version (or NFI used an old version they had on file by mistake), and none of the maintenance staff bothered to check/update the signs before they went into service.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/11/2022 at 7:28 PM, menath said:

Just the special announceents. The next stop system still uses crystal. 

thats a shame....we were the first in the province at the very least to have auto announcements and now we are lagging behind with 17 yr old tech.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was on 710 today and thought this was weird. Correct me if I’m wrong, the last set of windows on the rear of this batch of buses are the “slide” windows with the rest being the more traditional latches, but it seems like they’re switched on this bus. 9C3BA4D3-5B41-4742-B872-1B01C94A649F.thumb.jpeg.ff995d909fae3273f2ba7341eb25d67b.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...