YRT-Guy

York Region Transit \ Viva

14 hours ago, Chris W said:

Interesting that they are purchasing 30 footers. This one could go either way. They might opt with a Vicinity just because it has a Voith transmission, which the Enviro 200 does not or go with the Metrolinx contract.

They used Alison for 30ft vehicles, just saying.

No tenders issued about those buses, so I am guessing that they will go through Metrolinx if they are actually getting one.

5 hours ago, Viva5113 said:

They used Alison for 30ft vehicles, just saying.

No tenders issued about those buses, so I am guessing that they will go through Metrolinx if they are actually getting one.

I know that. The ElDorado EZ Riders used Allison. That's why I said that this could, theoretically, go either way.

On 2/27/2020 at 6:43 PM, Chris W said:

I know that. The ElDorado EZ Riders used Allison. That's why I said that this could, theoretically, go either way.

Grande West currently does not provide the option for Allison transmissions. Not sure what the hold up is with that... they said they would have it ready for 2020. There are some modifications that need to be done to the the bus apparently.

6 minutes ago, 110B West Pickering said:

8201 has a side ad wrap on its front portion

1B6BF449-55CD-45A9-82E8-D86E5D83759F.jpeg

I don't know about that. That takes away from the VIVA branding.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:55 PM, tommike said:

viva stop the branding when they got nova s

Not when getting novas, around 2018 when the modify the logo, they are rather branding York Region Transit since then, no longer YRT/Viva.

5 hours ago, Viva5113 said:

Not when getting novas, around 2018 when the modify the logo, they are rather branding York Region Transit since then, no longer YRT/Viva.

This explains why head office is permitting BRT to put advertising on the Viva buses; they're testing ads to generate more revenue on the busiest routes

On 3/11/2020 at 3:12 PM, 110B West Pickering said:

8201 has a side ad wrap on its front portion

1B6BF449-55CD-45A9-82E8-D86E5D83759F.jpeg

Also a side note to that, there's at least one conventional AG300 with that rear Air India ad wrap (unsure about the fleet number, I've seen it doing the 813)

On 3/14/2020 at 7:51 PM, Joshuamumble said:

This explains why head office is permitting BRT to put advertising on the Viva buses; they're testing ads to generate more revenue on the busiest routes

Also a side note to that, there's at least one conventional AG300 with that rear Air India ad wrap (unsure about the fleet number, I've seen it doing the 813)

Thought I reported it before, but possibly not...

206, 207, 210, 217, 222, 5106, 5127, 5157 have rear ads for Air India.

Edited by Articulated
Added 222, 5157 to list
  • Thanks 1

According to the website, YRT is implementing temporary rear door boarding on all routes starting Monday, along with a reduced schedule (likely a modified Saturday schedule) during weekdays; fare payment is only available off board at Viva stops and terminals equipped with PRESTO readers, ticket validation and/or OneRide machines

Buses will also have a red line on the floor and passengers are to stay behind it; those who require kneeling or the ramp (on models with front door ramps) should be able to use the front door on vehicles equipped with a front ramp; runs with a Van Hool bus would likely restrict loading/unloading to the rear doors

It'll be interesting what gets assigned to runs, as any bus without driver-operated rear doors will be unable to go out for now (except the Arbocs, which only have a front door)

Official announcement: https://www.yrt.ca/en/news/covid-19-service-reduction.aspx 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, yrt1000 said:

YRT will be reducing service again on April 5. Schedules to be posted soon...

We will have to wait for confirmation when the schedules come out, but my understanding is that this round will involve being reduced to modified Saturday service levels. Routes that operate weekends will run on their Saturday schedule (with earlier start times to match weekday start times), while routes that are weekdays only will operate on revised weekday schedules.

20 hours ago, Articulated said:

We will have to wait for confirmation when the schedules come out, but my understanding is that this round will involve being reduced to modified Saturday service levels. Routes that operate weekends will run on their Saturday schedule (with earlier start times to match weekday start times), while routes that are weekdays only will operate on revised weekday schedules.

Schedules have been posted on the website. Viva Pink and Viva Green have actually been fully suspended, along with several other reductions/adjustments as was expected. 

Funny enough, route 1 will operate on a Saturday schedule on weekdays, which is actually a service improvement in the midday at least

https://www.yrt.ca/en/news/covid-19-service-reduction.aspx

53 minutes ago, yrt1000 said:

Schedules have been posted on the website. Viva Pink and Viva Green have actually been fully suspended, along with several other reductions/adjustments as was expected. 

Funny enough, route 1 will operate on a Saturday schedule on weekdays, which is actually a service improvement in the midday at least

https://www.yrt.ca/en/news/covid-19-service-reduction.aspx

F to the 77A. 107 km/h in a New Flyer will be sorely missed. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Express Network said:

Safe to say bus #2001 arrived at Southwest yesterday. Bus numbers are #2001-#2028 and specs are L9/Voith.

Its been at BRT since late March

Viva Orange has been running at least one artic on the route all week mixed in with the usual 40'ers. Today, all the units on Orange are artics. Earlier in April, they had been noted as running training runs with artics on Highway 7.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:38 PM, D. DeLarge said:

Viva Orange has been running at least one artic on the route all week mixed in with the usual 40'ers. Today, all the units on Orange are artics. Earlier in April, they had been noted as running training runs with artics on Highway 7.

Even in April a few artics have been in service on Orange

when will Viva buses get usb chargers?
Just wonderIng because even regular new ttc buses and many other transit systems have buses that have it

9 hours ago, JustinHA said:

when will Viva buses get usb chargers?
Just wonderIng because even regular new ttc buses and many other transit systems have buses that have it

Only if they order buses with USB.

20 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Only if they order buses with USB.

Well duh...

USB is an option that costs extra money.  YRT is facing budget cuts like everyone else so don't expect to see USB chargers ordered in buses for quite some time.