YRT-Guy

York Region Transit \ Viva

On 6/19/2019 at 5:10 PM, 43 Kennedy said:

Should've posted this way earlier but spotted VIVA # 5224 at TOK Transit during an open house last May and looks like it's being used for parts now and likely retired?

DSC00954.thumb.JPG.7a2a4fe0caaf46e5ad24a5b91280bd84.JPG

I can confirm it is retired and is being used as a parts bus for the other artic van hools, I asked one of the employees on board the ride.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Transit_Hub said:

I can confirm it is retired and is being used as a parts bus for the other artic van hools, I asked one of the employees on board the ride.

Any word on 5225?

On 6/23/2019 at 6:55 PM, Transit_Hub said:

Any idea approximately how many Km's on that bus?

10 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Any idea approximately how many Km's on that bus?

Considering that they have been rebuilt a few times and they were always on the road. They have probably hit their 6th reset. Not sure how many KMs before they do a reset.

55 minutes ago, TTC 9701 said:

Considering that they have been rebuilt a few times and they were always on the road. They have probably hit their 6th reset. Not sure how many KMs before they do a reset.

Um no...  there's no way those things have 6 million KMs.  In cars a rollover happens after 999.999 km    Not sure if it's the same in a bus or truck.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Hi I'm new but the biggest question I had is what is YRT 1901. No info on the wiki. Is it a nova or XD40?

It has been mentioned somewhere that they have a multi year contract with Flyer for tye XD40.

I just noticed the wiki states the 2018s have Gemini and Insight. Which units have what? Or is that a mistake that some threw onto that page?

2 hours ago, Cityflyer said:

I just noticed the wiki states the 2018s have Gemini and Insight. Which units have what? Or is that a mistake that some threw onto that page?

I believe 1801-1816 have Insight, and 1817-1826 have Gemini.

Service changes taking effect September 1, 2019 have been posted. Amongst the usual minor trip/frequency changes, some of the highlights:

• New Vivastation to open on Highway 7 and Main St Unionville, and the stops at Highway 7 and Kennedy will be shifted.
  • Viva Purple is getting a frequency increase to every 9 minutes (combined) during rush hour (up from 10-11), and to every 12 minutes during weekday midday (up from 14).
  • Viva Pink is getting a frequency increase to every 12-13 minutes (up from 15-16).
  • Routes 51 Keswick and 58 Mount Albert will be converted to On-Demand during off-peak periods.
  • 96 Keele-Yonge will get a small frequency boost (claimed as part of the "Frequent Transit Network", although service will only run at best every 25 minutes)
  • Most trips on route 411 will be converted to new School Special route 416, and new route 417 will be introduced serving soon-to-open Bill Hogarth SS in eastern Markham.
  • School Special routes 441 and 451 will be discontinued due to low ridership.

As well, the culvert replacement project that closed Major Mackenzie Drive east of McNaughton Rd wrapped up early, and route 4/4A buses returned to their regular routing as of yesterday (Monday August 12). The shuttle bus service will continue to operate until the end of the board period, as sidewalks have yet to be restored.

• Thanks 2

YRT is making service changes effective November 3, 2019. Service changes in November are a little unusual, but oh well...

• Route 1 Highway 7 is changing its eastern looping because of "long-term construction" affecting its normal stop location at SmartCentres Box Grove. Buses will leave westbound along a circuitous detour via Copper Creek, 9th Line, Highway 7, and Bur Oak to regular route. Routes 2 and 14 will have their stop moved at SmartCentres, but the routing is unaffected.
  • Route 52 Holland Landing will be converted to On-Demand service during off-peak. Not sure why this was delayed to November instead of being done alongside 51 and 58 in September.
  • Routes 22 and 105 had extra trips added in September to cover school overloading that are now being recognized in the schedule.
  • New school special 417 will have a second bus in the AM and PM.
  • The usual assortment of minor schedule adjustments to routes 18, 23, 26, 50, 85, 203, 240, Viva Purple, and Viva Green.
  • Thanks 1

There’s a YRT Marked Minivan at the Durham Regional Police Station at Brock Road and Highway 2 in Pickering, I didn’t catch the number as I was just passing on PULSE, but any idea why it might be there?

7 hours ago, yrt rules said:

Any word on When is the VMC bus loop opening? Also any word on if the rapidways are on schedule to open December?

YRT stated on their site yesterday that it's set to open next month, I'm assuming on November 3rd when the service changes take affect.

Smart Centres Place photos from last Sunday.

CSC_0027.thumb.JPG.1831dafecd118cedf2a3d4622464a41b.JPG

DSC_0020.thumb.JPG.cba14abbbd883f8a5c5f2670b2b1c752.JPG

Noticed that BT ZUM vehicles entered the terminal but according to YRT, they're only using it for layovers. ZUM buses are still using the Rapidway as the main terminus.

DSC_0018.thumb.JPG.bd43a71a9c75bdae10351f3e45277080.JPG

• Like 3

Looks like VIVA # 1770 and interestingly, Arboc # 1879 may be this year's holiday buses along with a Region-owned snow plow as per the November newsletter.

blob.thumb.png.8922cf64314451bff537fd2ce8ae8658.png

blob.thumb.png.5a154179cad87edb973e41df505a693c.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 43 Kennedy said:

Looks like VIVA # 1770 and interestingly, Arboc # 1879 may be this year's holiday buses along with a Region-owned snow plow as per the November newsletter.

blob.thumb.png.8922cf64314451bff537fd2ce8ae8658.png

blob.thumb.png.5a154179cad87edb973e41df505a693c.png

1772 and 1773 are the holiday buses this year

• Like 3

11 hours ago, anyfong said:

I saw a new Viva bus at the Nova Bus plant last week, which was also photographed by someone else below. How many are on order, or could this be a one-off delivery?

https://www.facebook.com/maurice.roussel.180/posts/2430643433860518

There are ten (10) Nova LFS Artic buses for Viva on order scheduled to arrive in Q4 2019. There are also eight Arboc buses on order, six to replace the units currently being used on the 5xx Local (formerly Community Bus) routes, and two expansion units for Mobility. Fleet numbers for all are currently unknown.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3