YRT-Guy

York Region Transit \ Viva

On 11/16/2018 at 1:14 AM, yrt304 said:

5153 is this one of this year's holiday wrap buses. There is possibly going to be an Artic also wrapped.

1770 is also wrapped.

Any sign of temporary shelter for the 20 stop outside VMC?

I’ve asked YRT for intel via Twitter, but nothing so far.

Anyone have a sense how many people use this (NB and SB) stop? Must be a few since they’re supposed to be building an entire bus terminal largely for this route....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed Drass said:

Any sign of temporary shelter for the 20 stop outside VMC?

I’ve asked YRT for intel via Twitter, but nothing so far.

Anyone have a sense how many people use this (NB and SB) stop? Must be a few since they’re supposed to be building an entire bus terminal largely for this route....

Many people using VMC, especially on weekends they are using subway to VMC and transfer to 20 instead of riding 760.

Still no shelter yet.

New to https://yourstop.info is the addition of marker clusters on maps (previously single makers used everywhere) and at higher zoom levels markers close to or on top of each other spider out for easier clicking.

Additionally handling of unscheduled trips is much improved and bugs relating to Safari have been fixed.

map1.png

map2.png

On 12/6/2018 at 2:17 PM, NFG79 said:

Sorry I guess this stuff is a too in-depth type of info for an average transit fan to know or care anything about or no one has any interest in my bad 

No you just wait for someone who knows what exactly is going on first to respond. The tender for contracts will be out in time.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:53 PM, Viva5113 said:

1611 recieved on board LCD information screen.

EDIT: The 2018 XD40s are all equipped with it.

14497C47-52B7-41C5-8181-2150AEBAE395.jpeg

I'm reminded of the OnBoard LCD system VIVA had. Didn't last too long and was prone to errors/not working.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Aquarius said:

I'm reminded of the OnBoard LCD system VIVA had. Didn't last too long and was prone to errors/not working.

That was a cheap brand... this should hopefully last. After all, its init.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Saw few more Miller novas equipped LCD screen. Seems like southeast based 16xx novas all equipped LCD screen. Also some southwest units (1712 and 1609) were activated too

Also some southwest nova including 1517 and 1713 has LCD installed but not yet activated.

On 10/18/2018 at 6:59 PM, Viva5113 said:

This bid have been closed.

The bids was separated by two parts.

For conventional articulated buses (Part A), Both New Flyer and Nova Bus offered, with New Flyer bid is lowest price.

For BRT Articulated bus (Part B ) - Only Nova Bus submitted the offer.

The result announced last Friday.

1. The Supply and Delivery of 29 Conventional Eighteen Metre Buses was awarded to New Flyer Industries Canada

2. The Supply and Delivery of 27 BRT Eighteen Metre Buses was awarded to Nova Bus, a division of Volvo Group, Canada Inc. 

SO NFL and Nova will share the order by New Flyer delivers conventional artic and Viva ones by Nova.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi had a ride on viva and yrt buses with the lcd sceen and i not now why they both and how you see a sceen from the back of a viva with it only in the front. also how see it if you have fall stand load.

i say the way ttc is putting one is a better for passager to see and useful.

48 minutes ago, tommike said:

hi had a ride on viva and yrt buses with the lcd sceen and i not now why they both and how you see a sceen from the back of a viva with it only in the front. also how see it if you have fall stand load.

i say the way ttc is putting one is a better for passager to see and useful.

I feel for locationwize TTC is better but the content of screen YRT did better job than TTC. On TTC it just doing same thing as led signs that used.

14 minutes ago, tommike said:

it looks like yrt are still going get the electric buses.

Please post the link. I can't find any article on it.

19 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Please post the link. I can't find any article on it.

19 hours ago, tommike said:

it on the meeting jan 10

Here is it.

This is update of electric bus purchase from March 2017 (When they previously reported)

• Thanks 2

Would like to let YRT/Viva bus riders and users of YourStop out there know that there is a new logo. For those who have added the webapp to their homescreen there may be an icon change and if there is, the new icon looks like that shown in the first image below.

For those unfamiliar with https://yourstop.info , it's main focus is to allow users find next arrivals at bus stops quickly and easily. Live predictions are given when available and buses can be tracked in real time. Recently viewed stops are automatically saved and favourite stops can also be bookmarked.

1icon_256.png

2Screenshot_2018-10-26-16-10-20.png

3map1.png

4map2.png

5Screenshot_2018-10-26-16-13-18.png

6Screenshot_2018-10-26-16-14-23.png

7Screenshot_2018-10-26-16-12-24.png

8Screenshot_2018-10-26-16-16-35.png

Any progress on opening the VMC SmartCentres bus terminal, or sign of temporary shelter for the 20 stop outside the subway?

Some service rationalization measures are proposed by YRT in their 2019 budget to take place in 2019 and 2020. With the exception of VIVA, all the adjustments are to routes and service periods with very low cost recovery ratios of 7-21%. These adjustments will help reduce the budget outlay by approximately $1.5 million in each of 2019 and 2020.

• All VIVA routes - late night frequency reductions
  • 520/521 Newmarket Community bus - discontinue Sunday service
  • 522 Markham Community bus - discontinue Saturday service, provide on-demand service
  • 589/590 Richmond Hill Community bus - discontinue Saturday and Sunday service, provide on-demand service
  • 22 King City - discontinue Saturday service
  • 44 Bristol - discontinue Saturday service
  • 56 Gorham - discontinue Sunday service
  • 51 Keswick Local - discontinue, provide on-demand service
  • 223/223A Newmarket GO Shuttle - discontinue
  • 242 North Richvale GO Shuttle - discontinue
  • 320 Beaver Creek - discontinue
  • 15 Stouffville - discontinue
  • 28 Huntington - discontinue 

https://yorkpublishing.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=2723

7 hours ago, Silly Tilley said:

Some service rationalization measures are proposed by YRT in their 2019 budget to take place in 2019 and 2020. With the exception of VIVA, all the adjustments are to routes and service periods with very low cost recovery ratios of 7-21%. These adjustments will help reduce the budget outlay by approximately $1.5 million in each of 2019 and 2020.

• All VIVA routes - late night frequency reductions
  • 520/521 Newmarket Community bus - discontinue Sunday service
  • 522 Markham Community bus - discontinue Saturday service, provide on-demand service
  • 589/590 Richmond Hill Community bus - discontinue Saturday and Sunday service, provide on-demand service
  • 22 King City - discontinue Saturday service
  • 44 Bristol - discontinue Saturday service
  • 56 Gorham - discontinue Sunday service
  • 51 Keswick Local - discontinue, provide on-demand service
  • 223/223A Newmarket GO Shuttle - discontinue
  • 242 North Richvale GO Shuttle - discontinue
  • 320 Beaver Creek - discontinue
  • 15 Stouffville - discontinue
  • 28 Huntington - discontinue 

https://yorkpublishing.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=2723

I'm noticing a trend here. How is a transit system supposed to grow if they keep cutting service? Oh right, I forgot. It's YRT. The contractors aren't getting paid so let's cut service. And they wonder why ridership is down.

And it appears to me as if, once again, most of the cuts affect the North division.

• Like 5