York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

I have take 102D before.

Let's hope that YRT doesn't replace 8 Kennedy with a TTC operated route 43C Kennedy that was eliminated in 1998.

YRT has steadily been moving away from TTC-operated routes in their jurisdiction. They've taken over the 25D (now 90B), eliminated the 37D, are planning on taking over everything west of Yonge Street when the Spadina subway extension eventually opens, and the 2016 Service Plan now mentions taking over the 24D/224D.

So no, converting existing YRT routes to TTC-operated routes is not going to happen anytime soon.

YRT has steadily been moving away from TTC-operated routes in their jurisdiction. They've taken over the 25D (now 90B), eliminated the 37D, are planning on taking over everything west of Yonge Street when the Spadina subway extension eventually opens, and the 2016 Service Plan now mentions taking over the 24D/224D.

So no, converting existing YRT routes to TTC-operated routes is not going to happen anytime soon.

Thanks for your information. Thank goodness 43C Kennedy is not going to come back. They should also replace with YRT routes on Warden, Birchmount, McCowan, and Markham road too. This is how YRT goes well.

I'll update it when I have time, Mr. Hum.

It's so simple to edit it!

Thanks for your information. Thank goodness 43C Kennedy is not going to come back. They should also replace with YRT routes on Warden, Birchmount, McCowan, and Markham road too. This is how YRT goes well.

Maybe when YRT has the budget for it, though Birchmount would probably wait until that Downtown Markham stretch is fully built, then YRT might take over and probably extend it to Highway 7. You act like every can be done by the snap of your fingers...

Why does this guy keep coming back?

Yes and as jordankcw stated, YRT needs the budget. It's simple to take it over in everyone's eyes, however we need to buy a decent amount of new busses. We barely have enough busses to cover what we already have. Especially at Miller. With that being said, more drivers need to be hired etc. This is money that York Region simply does not have. The region has every intention to take over all TTC routes north of steeles, money just doesn't fall from the sky.

And seriously, what is your beef with the 102D? Clearly you do not take it that often, so why are you getting so distraught over it? I honestly can't understand.

And now just a general statement: Cornell has been "happening" since I was in high school.. I'm now in 3rd year and no signs of them even coming close to starting. "I'll believe it when i see it"

• 2 weeks later...

Head on collision between Viva 1380 & a black pickup that apparently crossed the centre line and struck the bus at a high rate of speed. Driver of pickup deceased; conflicting reports of 7 injuries on the bus or 7 persons on board with no injuries.

http://www.cp24.com/news/one-person-dead-after-viva-bus-and-truck-collide-in-thornhill-1.2340980

http://www.680news.com/2015/04/23/viva-bus-and-truck-collide-in-thornhill-killing-1-person/

This morning blue was detouring off of royal orchard because of an accident
From what I could see it was one of the lfs or lfx just north of the stop
Anyone have more details?

From the Chopper 24 angle it's definitely damaged, but not to the point where it's unrepairable.

Pictures that I've seen seem to look like it's only front-end damage. A few other 13xx Novas have gotten damage in a similar area (IIRC 1396 just came back from front-end collision repairs), and replacing the front nose of the bus is fairly common to do. It will definitely be out for a few weeks/months though.

The accident happened not too far from where I live though I wasn't on #1380. I had to detour on the way to work.

My aunt saw this accident on the news and phoned my mom at the store to make sure we weren't involved. (We weren't.)

By the way 1396 is back on service today. it is on viva blue right now.

1396 has been back since April 2nd.

Hey does anyone know info on Viva Green if reroute yet?

Viva Green will reroute via Don Mills/Leslie/Major Mackenzie to Yonge Street in 2019 according to all the recent YRT service planning documents (trust me, there's many of them if you bothered to do some searching first).

1418 and 1420 is on 760 Right now.

They might be expend the 407 transponder to XD40. Also XD40s can be on 77A from now on

I think because they want to all Van Hools off on weekends when these are not out.

I will going to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2044 locked this topic
  • 2044 unlocked this topic