York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

Not sure if it has been noted yet but the single lane 404 rapidway underpass now has signal lighting. So in the end they did go with sharing the lane between both directions. From what I have seen for a couple cases more calibration of the lights is needed as buses are being held on a red even though there's nothing coming from the other direction

Not sure if it has been noted yet but the single lane 404 rapidway underpass now has signal lighting. So in the end they did go with sharing the lane between both directions. From what I have seen for a couple cases more calibration of the lights is needed as buses are being held on a red even though there's nothing coming from the other direction

This has been the case for a good month now, but I don't think I've posted here yet.

On a related topic, the Highway 7 East section will be fully complete by December 28, with the re-opening of the South Town Centre and Cedarland sections and the opening of the Cedarland stop.

I've been on a few buses where drivers get out of the lane after East Beaver Creek and rejoin the lane immediately before the 404 Northbound exit lights

Markham Road/Main Street Markham may need Viva service from Scarborough Centre to Mount Joy GO station when constuction finished, not McCowan Road because Markham road/Main Street Markham is a Markham's main busy street and it probably needs better service when construction on that road is finish. The ridership on 129A has decreased because now people walk all the way down to Steeles to get the frequent better bus service, taking GO Transit at Cetennial GO station, and taking Viva Purple or Viva Green near Markville mall. Also the ridership on 102D has extensively decreased is because now people take 53 Steeles East at Markham/Steeles, the route divert via 14th Ave, Ninth Line, and Highway 7 due to bridge construction north of 407, people has now take Viva Purple at Markham/Highway 7, and taking GO Transit from Markham and Mount Joy GO station.

Also the ridership on 102D has extensively decreased is because now people take 53 Steeles East at Markham/Steeles, the route divert via 14th Ave, Ninth Line, and Highway 7 due to bridge construction north of 407, people has now take Viva Purple at Markham/Highway 7, and taking GO Transit from Markham and Mount Joy GO station.

Sigh...next...

And for the record, the bridge construction is to be complete by the end of the month.

They should refurbish 8200-8211 VanHool AG300s

Why? It's not their time yet.

Markham Road/Main Street Markham may need Viva service from Scarborough Centre to Mount Joy GO station when constuction finished, not McCowan Road because Markham road/Main Street Markham is a Markham's main busy street and it probably needs better service when construction on that road is finish. The ridership on 129A has decreased because now people walk all the way down to Steeles to get the frequent better bus service, taking GO Transit at Cetennial GO station, and taking Viva Purple or Viva Green near Markville mall. Also the ridership on 102D has extensively decreased is because now people take 53 Steeles East at Markham/Steeles, the route divert via 14th Ave, Ninth Line, and Highway 7 due to bridge construction north of 407, people has now take Viva Purple at Markham/Highway 7, and taking GO Transit from Markham and Mount Joy GO station.

That's not going to happen.

Why? It's not their time yet.

That's not going to happen.

It's a rumour.

Sigh...next...

And for the record, the bridge construction is to be complete by the end of the month.

I know. Oh, I didn't know it increased! They really should have Viva service on Markham Road.

Usually bus routes are busy when there is lot's of business along the street.

Artics are now eliminated on 129A/B McCowan North as of November 22, 2014 since they have shifted to serve 53 Steeles East and 85 Sheppard East! Bye bye Artics on McCowan North!! :)

When the ridership decreases on McCowan North, then why did they run artics on that route?

Incorrect, On tuesday December 2nd I saw 9063 and two more artics running 129A Northbound. and they were well beyond Steeles. So your point is invalid.

It's a rumour.

I know. Oh, I didn't know it increased! They really should have Viva service on Markham Road.

Usually bus routes are busy when there is lot's of business along the street.

Seriously, why is this guy here?

Friday December 5th 2014: 1068 involved in a very minor Collision on route 42 Berczy (to Major Mackenzie via Bill Crothers S.S) on Main Street at Enterprise. A lady in a van nicked the Driver Side Mirror and spun it around. 931 Covered and 1068 was back on route for the next trip.

943 has extra handrail in first row

http://imgur.com/Tx2jUTb

So Far i've seen

942, 943, 938, 939, 1009, 1003, 1013 equipped with them. Probably 901 - 1019 are equipped with them

Haven't seen any 10XX LFR's lately and I've seen 1112, 1117, 1106 this week and they weren't equipped with them. Not sure of their going to be fitted, or if they just haven't gotten that far on the installation.

So Far i've seen

942, 943, 938, 939, 1009, 1003, 1013 equipped with them. Probably 901 - 1019 are equipped with them

Haven't seen any 10XX LFR's lately and I've seen 1112, 1117, 1106 this week and they weren't equipped with them. Not sure of their going to be fitted, or if they just haven't gotten that far on the installation.

581 721 also has it

Some one has made a rant on TTC routes in York Region:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFGNJHh5zd5eYXnbGgf62Mw/videos

And there will be a service redcution on 129A McCowan North which means that artic buses on 129A and 129B will be eliminated and ridership will go down because they don't like the service on that route and they have walked to Steeles to board the bus there instead at boarding at their stops. Oh well, I have too walk all the way down the Steeles to get the frequent better bus service. Get use to it.

Some one has made a rant on TTC routes in York Region:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFGNJHh5zd5eYXnbGgf62Mw/videos

And there will be a service redcution on 129A McCowan North which means that artic buses on 129A and 129B will be eliminated and ridership will go down because they don't like the service on that route and they have walked to Steeles to board the bus there instead at boarding at their stops. Oh well, I have too walk all the way down the Steeles to get the frequent better bus service. Get use to it.

*eyeroll*

He's blessed with a return.

• 2044 locked this topic
  • 2044 unlocked this topic