York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

Saw a scene on CP24 where a YRT bus numbered 995 struck an elderly woman @ Yonge St. & Major MacKenzie Dr. in Richmond Hill around 11:20AM. The driver of 995 stayed at the scene before the paramedics arrived along with the police.

As a result, YRT had a diversion of viva blue and 99.

Why some of southwest vehicles operate by transev services (canada), inc?

I could found on that stiker on 518 and 724 instead of veolia.

+ update

I found the info that veolia just renamed on august 18th,2014.

Veolia and Transdev Merged a couple of years (?) ago. Since then Veolia has held off on Renaming themselves until recently. Hence why you'll start seeing more CVOR stickers go from Operated by Veolia to Operated by Transdev. - I might be wrong, anyone care to confirm/correct?

Veolia and Transdev Merged a couple of years (?) ago. Since then Veolia has held off on Renaming themselves until recently. Hence why you'll start seeing more CVOR stickers go from Operated by Veolia to Operated by Transdev. - I might be wrong, anyone care to confirm/correct?

Veolia had sold off its share of the joint venture to Transdev as part of its parent company to pay back debt. Slowly all the Veolia-Transdev properties are getting the Transdev make over.

What's wrong with the current frequency? Isn't it just regular standing loads during rush hour? I used to ride it for a while and it wasn't as bad as another 10 minute frequency route I also frequently rode...

What's wrong with the current frequency? Isn't it just regular standing loads during rush hour? I used to ride it for a while and it wasn't as bad as another 10 minute frequency route I also frequently rode...

I used to ride that exact portion during rush hour and by the time it got to Highway 7 it thinned out to the point that anyone getting on at Highway 7 could get a seat, actually when it hit Steeles, most passengers get off to the point that there are quite a bit seats remaining(yes some cram on the 129A going to somewhere South of Steeles, despite there usually is an emptier 129B branch, back then just 129, right behind it)

The 129A is fine right now. I ride the route sometimes and do observe the loads daily (my commute usually involves a stopover at Highway 7) and I do see full seated loads, but never to the point of where people get left behind.

The 129A is fine right now. I ride the route sometimes and do observe the loads daily (my commute usually involves a stopover at Highway 7) and I do see full seated loads, but never to the point of where people get left behind.

That's what I was expecting...there is no need for a frequency adjustment if there's no load demand for it.

That's what I was expecting...there is no need for a frequency adjustment if there's no load demand for it.

They should improve bus service on McCowan road from Steeles to Markville Mall, that lack of bus route is hell, it gets packed up every day. It is just like Yonge Steet.

Na, that section of McCowan Road north to Markville mall is hell like Yonge Street and other downtown streets.

They should improve bus service on McCowan road from Steeles to Markville Mall, that lack of bus route is hell, it gets packed up every day. It is just like Yonge Steet.

There is no "lack of bus route", the 129A still exists you know.

And I stayed at McCowan/7 quite a bit both AM and PM rush today, the loads were definitely not to the point of extreme concern despite 15 min frequency AM rush and 18 min frequency PM rush. McCowan does not have a load problem compared to, say, Jane (similar frequency) or Leslie (extra buses common during rush hours), and even the ridership pales compared to those two north-south routes.

Also saying McCowan is just like Yonge Street is just taking your post to the extreme; Yonge Street is a major commuting corridor that has multiple bus routes. McCowan does not have that, nor does it need that.

Of course you're more than welcome to forward your comments to YRT.

In other news, Viva seems to be doing driver stepbacks on Purple doing PM rush now at Galsworthy, which is honestly needed due to buses running to MSH 10+ minutes late most of the time.

There is no "lack of bus route", the 129A still exists you know.

And I stayed at McCowan/7 quite a bit both AM and PM rush today, the loads were definitely not to the point of extreme concern despite 15 min frequency AM rush and 18 min frequency PM rush. McCowan does not have a load problem compared to, say, Jane (similar frequency) or Leslie (extra buses common during rush hours), and even the ridership pales compared to those two north-south routes.

Also saying McCowan is just like Yonge Street is just taking your post to the extreme; Yonge Street is a major commuting corridor that has multiple bus routes. McCowan does not have that, nor does it need that.

Of course you're more than welcome to forward your comments to YRT.

i know that is still exist, but on sundays and holidays, that route is a disaster with a 40 min service which gets overcrowd

oh and nova bus articulated has now serve 129b and 129a mccowan north branches

i know that is still exist, but on sundays and holidays, that route is a disaster with a 40 min service which gets overcrowd

I still think you're overexaggerating on the overcrowding, does it get crowded? sometimes, is it crowded to the point that people get left at bus stop because it's full? rarely happens and I'm referring to sundays

Probably won't see artics on the route anymore after all the 85 gets artics. All the artics on the 129 appears in PM rush using buses previously serving the 134.

I still think you're overexaggerating on the overcrowding, does it get crowded? sometimes, is it crowded to the point that people get left at bus stop because it's full? rarely happens and I'm referring to sundays

The problem with the TTC and it's multiple branches is that all the people that can take any branches fills up the bus leaving those who need a specific branch to fight for a spot. It is those who take the bus to the end of the route that suffers from all the delays, short turns and crowding issue. It's bad when both branches show up, let's say 129A and 129B. The 129A arrives at STC first and get's a full load on top of being late. The 129B carries a moderate load. Now wait at Sheppard/McCowan and you'll see that you can't get on the 129A. Obviously by Steeles, many people will be offloaded and the bus won't be as full. I don't take it on Sundays, but I can say that any bunching would be very bad for this route since people take it all the way to Steeles.

Probably won't see artics on the route anymore after all the 85 gets artics. All the artics on the 129 appears in PM rush using buses previously serving the 134.

The problem with the TTC and it's multiple branches is that all the people that can take any branches fills up the bus leaving those who need a specific branch to fight for a spot. It is those who take the bus to the end of the route that suffers from all the delays, short turns and crowding issue. It's bad when both branches show up, let's say 129A and 129B. The 129A arrives at STC first and get's a full load on top of being late. The 129B carries a moderate load. Now wait at Sheppard/McCowan and you'll see that you can't get on the 129A. Obviously by Steeles, many people will be offloaded and the bus won't be as full. I don't take it on Sundays, but I can say that any bunching would be very bad for this route since people take it all the way to Steeles.

http://transit.toronto.on.ca/photos/Images/TTC%20Novabus%20LFS%20Artic.jpg Articulated buses serve 129 McCowan North including the 129A Major Mackenzie branch. I've seen it.