York Region Transit \ Viva

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope everyone has had a chance to calm down. Please keep in mind moving forward: do not antagonize other members and do not contribute to a thread's decline. Simply report bad behaviour, and the adm

All units to be operated by Southwest (which rules out the 90), will be used on the 20 for now.

Posted Images

You can ask the YRT driver to print a transfer for you.

a) What if your first ride is a TTC bus?

B) Most drivers won't print you a transfer - that sort of system is ripe for abuse (give the paper transfer to another person, and you just tap your Presto card on your next bus as the transfer). YRT issued a notice to drivers to this effect soon after Presto was launched.

This is ironic. TTC send an internal memo telling oI fators to remind passenger who used presto card to get a transfer off the YRT bus.

I can confirm Articulated's post is right. Twice I've tried to obtain a transfer using Presto to transfer from a YRT to TTC bus, didn't work.

B) Most drivers won't print you a transfer - that sort of system is ripe for abuse (give the paper transfer to another person, and you just tap your Presto card on your next bus as the transfer). YRT issued a notice to drivers to this effect soon after Presto was launched.

I can confirm Articulated's post is right. Twice I've tried to obtain a transfer using Presto to transfer from a YRT to TTC bus, didn't work.

This is ironic. TTC send an internal memo telling oI fators to remind passenger who used presto card to get a transfer off the YRT bus.

From my understanding, leylandvictory2 is correct. YRT drivers are supposed to print a "special" transfer for passengers transferring from a YRT bus to a TTC bus in York Region. As far as I'm aware, this transfer is only valid on TTC buses. Though I believe the passenger has to tell the YRT driver they are transferring to a TTC bus.

You're out of luck if you're transferring from viva.

From my understanding, leylandvictory2 is correct. YRT drivers are supposed to print a "special" transfer for passengers transferring from a YRT bus to a TTC bus in York Region. As far as I'm aware, this transfer is only valid on TTC buses.

You're thinking Brampton:

If you travel from Brampton to York Region using PRESTO, and you need to transfer onto a TTC bus (contracted by YRT) or YRT’s Dial-a-Ride to complete your trip, you

must

:

•  

Request a special transfer upon boarding the Route 501 Züm Queen service.

Note: The special transfer will only be issued on the Route 501 Züm Queen service and will not be accepted at anytime by Brampton Transit or any other YRT buses.

•  

Show this transfer to the TTC bus operator or YRT’s Dial-a-Ride operator upon boarding.

YRT does not issue special transfers for contracted TTC routes:

7. Can I use my PRESTO card to transfer to a TTC bus operating in York Region (north of Steeles Avenue)?

No. Until TTC implements PRESTO on their buses, we recommend using a monthly pass, tickets, cash or GTA Weekly Pass. Paper transfers cannot be issued to PRESTO card holders.

• 2 weeks later...

818 has been wrapped for a radio station (I didn't see which one).

Also, has anyone seen a 0xx V lately? I havent seen one since early December.

The southwest 0xx tend to be mainly on 5, 23, 87, & School Specials.

818 has been wrapped for a radio station (I didn't see which one).

Also, has anyone seen a 0xx V lately? I havent seen one since early December.

On Miller's end, I've seen them coming back from Richmond Hill GO shuttles a few times since then, and 014's made appearances on the 244 twice this month.

• 2044 locked this topic
  • 2044 unlocked this topic