York Region Transit \ Viva

But the original plan (Service Plan 2013) was to have route 22 serve Kirby, not 22A.

Unfortunately, now that I know the 107F is being cancelled, it does make sense since the 22 doesn't go any further than past Maple GO. A spur on the 22 doesn't help those customers who used the 107F to get to Toronto.

Alas, it's still an annoying spur for a route that was meant to take over the direct Newmarket-York U route.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope everyone has had a chance to calm down. Please keep in mind moving forward: do not antagonize other members and do not contribute to a thread's decline. Simply report bad behaviour, and the adm

All units to be operated by Southwest (which rules out the 90), will be used on the 20 for now.

Posted Images

Unfortunately, now that I know the 107F is being cancelled, it does make sense since the 22 doesn't go any further than past Maple GO. A spur on the 22 doesn't help those customers who used the 107F to get to Toronto.

Alas, it's still an annoying spur for a route that was meant to take over the direct Newmarket-York U route.

Also seems that the new schedule for the 22A took effect this week. Saw the Viva machine at Keele/Highway 7 tracking a 22A trip this morning at around 5:30am. I'm pretty sure the first trip out of Newmarket GO was around 7:00am before.

It's nice to see the change in destination sign font for routes 4 and 20. The route number is always visible as it scrolls through each display. The information will be changed again on June 30, but the smaller font is not hard to read. Here's hoping the displays look the same on all buses from now on.

It's nice to see the change in destination sign font for routes 4 and 20. The route number is always visible as it scrolls through each display. The information will be changed again on June 30, but the smaller font is not hard to read. Here's hoping the displays look the same on all buses from now on.

There seemed to be a sign update recently. Another new feature is that all (Southwest anyways) buses display "Not In Service" on the rear signs.

There seemed to be a sign update recently. Another new feature is that all (Southwest anyways) buses display "Not In Service" on the rear signs.

Is this a different one from the one that occurred around Wednesday/Thursday last week? I haven't noticed any Horizon signs at Southeast displaying that yet.

A few last-minute changes for tomorrow:

• 14 14th Avenue - (EDITED) Eestbound buses will now travel via Box Grove Bypass, Riverwalk, 14th, Donald Cousens to SmartCentres Box Grove. Westbound buses will continue to run on Copper Creek.
  • 80 Elgin Mills will now have Sunday service. Frequency is every 45 minutes.

Is this a different one from the one that occurred around Wednesday/Thursday last week? I haven't noticed any Horizon signs at Southeast displaying that yet.

The Viva signs got their update as well...2 easy indicators are that "NOT IN SERVICE" is in capitals instead of lower case, and Blue and Pink now go to "Finch Terminal" instead of "Finch Station"

A few last-minute changes for tomorrow:

• 14 14th Avenue - After leaving SmartCentres Box Grove, westbound buses will now travel via Donald Cousens, 14th, Riverwalk, Box Grove Bypass to Rouge Bank. Eastbound buses will continue to run on Copper Creek.

You sure about that?

2q8d6d0.jpg

^ I was wondering about that, as the stop for Copper Creek is on an area where it can only be served heading west...

In other news, YRT has gone back to 2 lined signage on all non-Viva routes (at least, from what I can see with the signs that actually worked today). There was also frequent use of spacing for some of the routes or destinations. For example, route 4's eastbound sign had T O W O O D B I N E on the second line.

At around noon, there were two 99s back to back, even though its frequency is every 45 minutes.

5132 on Viva Purple was displaying route 3 heading westbound since the Viva Purple sign wasn't working.

In other news, YRT has gone back to 2 lined signage on all non-Viva routes (at least, from what I can see with the signs that actually worked today). There was also frequent use of spacing for some of the routes or destinations. For example, route 4's eastbound sign had T O W O O D B I N E on the second line.

I was surprised when I saw that earlier on Route 26's sign.

809.JPG809b.JPG

^ I was wondering about that, as the stop for Copper Creek is on an area where it can only be served heading west...

At around noon, there were two 99s back to back, even though its frequency is every 45 minutes.

5132 on Viva Purple was displaying route 3 heading westbound since the Viva Purple sign wasn't working.

91 Bayview has been two lined since forever for half the buses that run it. Same with some buses that run the 77. Glad they finally standardized it.

5127 on Purple was showing the same heading WB today; showing the route 3 signage.

Now for the true test... Has anyone seen a Horizon-sign bus (2008 and older for D40LFs) and a TwinVision (2009 and newer for 40fts) on the same route, and are their signs identical?

1034 had the same sign as 809 yesterday on Route 26:

1034.JPG

...and a few more of the new signs:

316.JPG919.JPG

Also looks like a few of the 800's missed out on the sign update - saw 805 last night on "20 Jane-Concord" and 804 this morning on 4 "via Cranston Park"

Looking at the 40 and 41 signs today, it seems like it's either the "loop" or "local" routes that get the >> treatment. All the other routes I saw had the TO ______ 2nd line sign.

It's cute, but the casual rider wouldn't likely know what the arrows mean. Mind you, judging from what I've seen, lots of people ignore the destination signs anyway. ;)

There's a lot of buses that don't have the updated sign programming, both at Southeast and Viva. This is helping to make things look more disorganized IMO.

The worst (and really significant) problem is exposures completely missing from the programming ... specifically Viva is missing "viva purple York University" and "viva green McCowan Road" which means every bus needing to use those signs either runs NOT IN SERVICE, blank, or using the wrong direction programming. Some buses still with the old programming (like 5135 this morning) are still able to use the proper exposures. Every Viva bus is using window cards no matter the route.

Drivers with missing codes aren't helping either, I saw 401 displaying the AM 300 exposure while going westbound on the 1 during PM rush. Like, c'mon that's not even close...

There's a lot of buses that don't have the updated sign programming, both at Southeast and Viva. This is helping to make things look more disorganized IMO.

The worst (and really significant) problem is exposures completely missing from the programming ... specifically Viva is missing "viva purple York University" and "viva green McCowan Road" which means every bus needing to use those signs either runs NOT IN SERVICE, blank, or using the wrong direction programming. Some buses still with the old programming (like 5135 this morning) are still able to use the proper exposures. Every Viva bus is using window cards no matter the route.

Drivers with missing codes aren't helping either, I saw 401 displaying the AM 300 exposure while going westbound on the 1 during PM rush. Like, c'mon that's not even close...

Most of the incorrect signs I've noticed were the 600 series out of Miller. I don't think I've seen a proper updated route 1 sign so far.

Signs aren't "missing" per say... just not programmed properly into the InIT.... I can confirm that all viva routes are programmed into the new sign update. Viva buses were "disconnected" from the InIT control today, and drivers were manually entering sign codes via the ODK.

• 2044 locked this topic
  • 2044 unlocked this topic