York Region Transit \ Viva

I never understood Brampton Transit's justification for cancelling the 66 to Wonderland. When I used to live in Brampton and took the 66 to Wonderland, the bus was always full. It was a popular way to get to Wonderland from Brampton. It was a 45 minute ride. I can only assume using 501/20 takes much longer.

Oh, I worked at WL for a year before they brought in the Zum. Brampton said that Zum reduced ridership on the 66 but even when the 77 was there I NEVER saw that bus become busy. On the few times I actually took it, there was only a couple of people there. The price was way too high to make alot of people want to use it.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope everyone has had a chance to calm down. Please keep in mind moving forward: do not antagonize other members and do not contribute to a thread's decline. Simply report bad behaviour, and the adm

All units to be operated by Southwest (which rules out the 90), will be used on the 20 for now.

Posted Images

I, of course, cant do much but accept what he is saying and accept the even less comfortable commute. The only alternate I have to going to WL is to take the GO from Brampton to Yorkdale and then the 60 to Wonderland (which surprisingly takes less time then taking the 501 and 20) but that is too expensive for me. I'll hope for the best, maybe they'll change their mind later.

You are coming from Brampton off the 501? The TTC 165 will still shoot into Wonderland. Perhaps that routing may interest you.

Apparently they're surplus until the new Nova LFX come in later this year (last I heard it was going to be in the fall), after which time the converted A330s will be released for YRT service and retire the 0xx Vs and 993x VIs. That being said, they've coverted a lot to YRT already, so Viva is probably in a bit of a shortage, although I haven't noticed any artics on 40ft routes yet.

Hell, there was a 30 footer on Viva Blue on Sunday. Mind you, that's a weekend, but still, haven't seen a 40 footer on Blue for a bit.

EDIT: Damnit, mixed up my lengths.

Hell, there was a 30 footer on Viva Blue on Sunday. Mind you, that's a weekend, but still, haven't seen a 40 footer on Blue for a bit.

Viva doesn't have 30 footers..... and we have been running 40 footers on blue, on weekends for months now........

that being said, we are on our summer board period now and less buses are needed, so a bus shortage wont be easily noticed.....

What exactly are they doing to the platforms at Finch Station this weekend?

http://yrt.ca/en/New...Tb0ggeQuAleQuAl

June 13, 2013

Platform construction at Finch

Finch GO Bus Terminal platforms 2 and 3 will be closed from 7:30 p.m. on Friday, June 14 to midday Sunday, June 16 for repairs. As a result, 91/91A - Bayview, Viva blue and Viva pink will service different platforms during the mentioned times.

Viva blue, pink will service platform 1

91/91A will service platform 4

Viva doesn't have 30 footers..... and we have been running 40 footers on blue, on weekends for months now........

that being said, we are on our summer board period now and less buses are needed, so a bus shortage wont be easily noticed.....

Ah ha, got my lengths mixed up, sorry! Never done that before. :blink:

Usually newer buses are likely to go out more outside rush hours. This tradition for the artics changes in the past 2 years or so as some of the 52xx's and 72xx's (for those after rebuild) have almost similar, if not higher cumulative mileage than the Nova artics. Are the Nova as good from the operator's perspective?

we have been running 40 footers on blue, on weekends for months now........

I noticed today that buses at Finch are now announcing the route and destination on the external PA system. The voice is Crystal.

Example:

Bus pulls up to bay and Crystal announces "77- Highway 50." It's a really muffled Crystal.

All the buses or just the ones with modified external speakers (1035-1038)?

The entire fleet has been setup that way for at least a couple of months now (unsure about the Viva's though). However, it's whether or not the external speaker is actually audible. So if you are just starting to hear them now, it could be they are starting to slowly "fix" them. There was a survey that went out to drivers a couple of months ago internally from YRT about them and most of the comments from drivers were along the lines of "what external announcements?".

The entire fleet has been setup that way for at least a couple of months now (unsure about the Viva's though). However, it's whether or not the external speaker is actually audible. So if you are just starting to hear them now, it could be they are starting to slowly "fix" them. There was a survey that went out to drivers a couple of months ago internally from YRT about them and most of the comments from drivers were along the lines of "what external announcements?".

Not surprised, those external speakers on the older buses have likely gone unmaintained for years, exposed to the elements all this time.

It's an amazing idea, but the speakers really should've been all tested/fixed before it was rolled out instead of asking drivers about something they weren't aware of.

Route Navigators are up for the new changes.

Also, looks like Route 22A is making a diversion into that Kirby/Keele subdivision...wonder what student/resident petitioned to get that done..messes with the flow/purpose of the route.

Also, damn, $5 cash fare or a 1 zone ticket to use route 50B, monthly passes not allowed...

Also, looks like Route 22A is making a diversion into that Kirby/Keele subdivision...wonder what student/resident petitioned to get that done..messes with the flow/purpose of the route.

Also, damn, $5 cash fare or a 1 zone ticket to use route 50B, monthly passes not allowed...

Route 25 will also have midday service.

Because 107F is discontinued so something has to service that subdivision.

The new system map is up as well: http://yrt.ca/en/schedulesmaps/resources/YRTViva-systemmap-June13-web.pdf

To be honest, I think 50B should be operated by DRT instead - more than half of the route is within Durham Region.

Because 107F is discontinued so something has to service that subdivision.

But the original plan (Service Plan 2013) was to have route 22 serve Kirby, not 22A.

• 2044 locked this topic
  • 2044 unlocked this topic