York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

On 4/12/2016 at 0:46 PM, Viva5113 said:

Effective April 21th, Two community route numbered 560 and 561 will be introduced in Vaughan. It will operate every Thursdays only for now. It operates approx. 10am to 2 30pm.

I'm pretty sure those routes would have almost no one using it.

On 3/18/2016 at 6:25 PM, Articulated said:

I can't seem to find the detailed implementation plan on YRT's website anymore, but there would be a decrease of buses on Purple and an increase on Orange/Silver. The realignment of Green would not result in a net increase in buses. Overall, there will be new Viva bus purchases in the near future as the original orders of both 40ft and 60ft buses reach the end of their life expectancy.

There has never been a proposal for a Viva Red route.

The 2016 Service Plan puts the introduction of the 320 and 390 at September 2016.

I've always thought of the 501/A Züm service as Viva Red.  It's certainly presented as such on the YRT maps, now if only they could have the schedules come up at the VIVA Stations!  As for the Viva Green and Silver, aside from the route length, why not combine it as a single route?  It'd be the flip image to the 1 subway line!

On 4/12/2016 at 0:46 PM, Viva5113 said:

Effective April 21th, Two community route numbered 560 and 561 will be introduced in Vaughan. It will operate every Thursdays only for now. It operates approx. 10am to 2 30pm.

The upcoming System Map doesn't show either route, or the revisions along the Victoria Park/Woodbine Ave. corridor.

1 hour ago, Gil said:

The upcoming System Map doesn't show either route, or the revisions along the Victoria Park/Woodbine Ave. corridor.

I don't know why it doesn't show up either. But only guess i can make is as they decided to starting Community bus routes 6 days ago (I didn't see any information when they initially post changes), they are too late to adding them on system map. New system maps were start to distribute out like Monday on this week.

For Victoria park and Woodbine, they may make summer 2016 system map earlier than usual (like summer map effective June 19th rather than starting date of summer board).  

On 4/14/2016 at 6:06 PM, Viva5113 said:

I don't know why it doesn't show up either. But only guess i can make is as they decided to starting Community bus routes 6 days ago (I didn't see any information when they initially post changes), they are too late to adding them on system map. New system maps were start to distribute out like Monday on this week.

For Victoria park and Woodbine, they may make summer 2016 system map earlier than usual (like summer map effective June 19th rather than starting date of summer board).  

That would be nice to have a new YRT route 24 Woodbine. 

11 minutes ago, Token Dispenser said:

There was a big black rectangular thing behind the rear right window of a Miller D40LF, there was a small square cutout in the middle for something. Does anyone know what i'm talking about, or seen it before?

Pedestrian warning system.

21 hours ago, TransitComedian1999 said:

The YRT/Viva voice announcement system is getting very annoying.

The announcement "For your safety please stay seated and hold on..." is even more annoying. The robotic voice sounds like autotune.

7 hours ago, anyfong said:

The announcement "For your safety please stay seated and hold on..." is even more annoying. The robotic voice sounds like autotune.

Trust me. YRT has been very controversial over time.

32 minutes ago, jordankcw said:

My guess is he didn't get his beloved increased service on Markham Rd/Main St Markham

Dude, I am not getting into any service increases. I was talking about how annoying the YRT voice announcement systems are. It always says for your safety stuff everytime which gets in me nerves.

11 hours ago, TransitComedian1999 said:

Dude, I am not getting into any service increases. I was talking about how annoying the YRT voice announcement systems are. It always says for your safety stuff everytime which gets in me nerves.

That doesn't really equate to:

14 hours ago, TransitComedian1999 said:

YRT has been very controversial over time.

It may be annoying, but the announcements are there for safety reasons. What if a passenger gets up before the bus stops and the driver has to slam on the brakes to avoid sudden collisions? As a Markham resident, you should know how some of our car drivers behave at times.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, vivablue5215 said:

That doesn't really equate to:

It may be annoying, but the announcements are there for safety reasons. What if a passenger gets up before the bus stops and the driver has to slam on the brakes to avoid sudden collisions? As a Markham resident, you should know how some of our car drivers behave at times.

How about Brampton Transit, Go Transit, MiWay, TTC buses and streetcars, and DRT, they don't have those stupid annoying voice announcent system but the YRT only has which gives people cancer. And seriously everybody knows the goddamn safety.

1 hour ago, TransitComedian1999 said:

How about Brampton Transit, Go Transit, MiWay, TTC buses and streetcars, and DRT, they don't have those stupid annoying voice announcent system but the YRT only has which gives people cancer.

Yeah I'm not taking you seriously anymore if you make comments like these. That's an offense to those who are actually suffering from cancer for whatever reason. If the voice announcement system of all things annoys you, wear headphones or something when riding transit.

And seriously everybody knows the goddamn safety.

Everyone? Then why do I always see people unnecessarily standing before the bus comes to a complete stop? All it takes is a sudden slam on brakes (e.g: car cuts off at the last second) and everyone standing could potentially be thrown to the front of the bus because they didn't stay seated.

It should be reminded, for the 101st time, that transit officials and people working for transit agencies such as YRT know of this board. Posts like yours can give this place a bad reputation.

I'm not gonna go on this anymore. Respond all you want, but I won't engage any further.

• Like 5

Considering a few weeks ago, I was on an TTC artic that had slam hard on it's brakes, cause some idiot turning left didn't see the bus going along, and caused like 10 people to fall like dominoes, those annoucements are very necessary, you just have to learn to tune them out.

• Like 1

On 2016-04-29 at 10:29 PM, jordankcw said:

Considering a few weeks ago, I was on an TTC artic that had slam hard on it's brakes, cause some idiot turning left didn't see the bus going along, and caused like 10 people to fall like dominoes, those annoucements are very necessary, you just have to learn to tune them out.

IMO its more because of annoying crystal than the message itself. YRT should seriously consider updating the voice itself being over 10 years old. Not to mention some of the messages really need to be truncated to be more clear and concise They are using a gen 1 voice tech that was quickly surpassed by what TTC uses, which sounds worlds more natural. I think that would be a more prudent investment than needlessly adding more viva routes that are half full at best