York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

On 10/19/2018 at 12:36 PM, Chris W said:

So XD60s for Conventional service, LFS Artic for VIVA. Interesting how they went with a split order. 

New flyer may have had the lowest bid, but that doesnt always mean they get the contract lol(i know you know that so no offence chris LOL?).  Most likely yes but have they even decided who theyre gonna go for yet?  All we know so far is NFI got the lowest bid. Anything concrete on a decision?

On 10/21/2018 at 9:48 PM, MaT said:

New flyer may have had the lowest bid, but that doesnt always mean they get the contract lol(i know you know that so no offence chris LOL?).  Most likely yes but have they even decided who theyre gonna go for yet?  All we know so far is NFI got the lowest bid. Anything concrete on a decision?

This one is a wait and see moment as they were part of the Metrolinx Consortium order when they were recieving the LFS. They dropped out of that drawn up a new tender and are now actually in the middle of having XD40's being delivered. The LFS Artic for VIVA I believe is a seperate order just for the BRT and Nova has won that as they wanted something to match up to the looks of the Van Hool. But it would be interesting to see what happens.

6 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

This one is a wait and see moment as they were part of the Metrolinx Consortium order when they were recieving the LFS. They dropped out of that drawn up a new tender and are now actually in the middle of having XD40's being delivered. The LFS Artic for VIVA I believe is a seperate order just for the BRT and Nova has won that as they wanted something to match up to the looks of the Van Hool. But it would be interesting to see what happens.

Why did YRT dropped out of the Metrolinx order for 2018?

1 hour ago, Cityflyer said:

Why did YRT dropped out of the Metrolinx order for 2018?

It could be any number of reasons. With the consortium order, while there is a lot of customization possible there are also some options within the order which can not be changed. It may be that YRT didn't want to deal with those items becoming non-standard in their fleet. Or it could be that the scheduled delivery time of the order didn't work with what their projections for service requirements were going to be.

Dan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Ed Drass said:

Smartcentres Bus Terminal: Any guesses how long ‘til the permanent bus bays are ready? It seems to be taking forever, especially if riders must currently wait at the temporary stops without shelter.

B48B023A-0BA7-4600-B22A-88C6D7861F5F.jpeg

You managed to cut off the information at the end of your screencap that would give you that answer.

http://www.vivanext.com/project_TerminalVaughan

Dan

• Haha 2

My bad. 

“October 2018 update: Due to unforeseen circumstances, construction work is currently on hold. Discussions are proceeding to complete the project within requirements. As a result, we anticipate construction to now be completed in 2019.”

(Well... let’s just put this alert at the bottom of the page... humdedum, maybe some bold typeface so it stands out....? Nah. Somebody might notice, especially if we changed the colorful status and completion date at the top of the page.)

All good. Nothing to see here!

I’m sure riders will make do. Shelters are for wimps anyway, and there are obviously workarounds. It will be interesting to see who, either behind the scenes or publicly, manages to look out for these riders before “2019” rolls around.

Any sign of temporary shelter for the 20 stop outside VMC?

I’ve asked YRT for intel via Twitter, but nothing so far.

Anyone have a sense how many people use this (NB and SB) stop? Must be a few since they’re supposed to be building an entire bus terminal largely for this route....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed Drass said:

Any sign of temporary shelter for the 20 stop outside VMC?

I’ve asked YRT for intel via Twitter, but nothing so far.

Anyone have a sense how many people use this (NB and SB) stop? Must be a few since they’re supposed to be building an entire bus terminal largely for this route....

Many people using VMC, especially on weekends they are using subway to VMC and transfer to 20 instead of riding 760.

Still no shelter yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 2:17 PM, NFG79 said:

Sorry I guess this stuff is a too in-depth type of info for an average transit fan to know or care anything about or no one has any interest in my bad 

No you just wait for someone who knows what exactly is going on first to respond. The tender for contracts will be out in time.

On 10/18/2018 at 6:59 PM, Viva5113 said:

This bid have been closed.

The bids was separated by two parts.

For conventional articulated buses (Part A), Both New Flyer and Nova Bus offered, with New Flyer bid is lowest price.

For BRT Articulated bus (Part B ) - Only Nova Bus submitted the offer.

The result announced last Friday.

1. The Supply and Delivery of 29 Conventional Eighteen Metre Buses was awarded to New Flyer Industries Canada

2. The Supply and Delivery of 27 BRT Eighteen Metre Buses was awarded to Nova Bus, a division of Volvo Group, Canada Inc. 

SO NFL and Nova will share the order by New Flyer delivers conventional artic and Viva ones by Nova.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi had a ride on viva and yrt buses with the lcd sceen and i not now why they both and how you see a sceen from the back of a viva with it only in the front. also how see it if you have fall stand load.

i say the way ttc is putting one is a better for passager to see and useful.

48 minutes ago, tommike said:

hi had a ride on viva and yrt buses with the lcd sceen and i not now why they both and how you see a sceen from the back of a viva with it only in the front. also how see it if you have fall stand load.

i say the way ttc is putting one is a better for passager to see and useful.

I feel for locationwize TTC is better but the content of screen YRT did better job than TTC. On TTC it just doing same thing as led signs that used.

• 2 weeks later...