York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

2 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

I'm on my phone so I can't tell the driver side number, did/can you see the 17 on a computer? If not the factory floor video could be as old as 2009/2010 ;)

Can't see the fleet number even on the computer and the video can't be from 2009/2010 because that white LFS near the right bottom corner has the 4th generation rear.

On 3/20/2017 at 7:04 PM, dj.surf.lfs said:

YRT 2018 Service Plan:

•  
  • 105 Dufferin North - service assumed from TTC, extended to Major Mackenzie Dr at all times
  •  

Reading the report closely gives me the impression that one branch will be operated by YRT buses whereas in the same report, unless I'm mixing things up, is that the route is still identified as a TTC route.

4 hours ago, newflyerinvero said:

Reading the report closely gives me the impression that one branch will be operated by YRT buses whereas in the same report, unless I'm mixing things up, is that the route is still identified as a TTC route.

YRT staffs are telling me like "We will takeover all portion of route 105 and TTC 105 is discontinued as YRT will assume full service south of Steeles.". However, we can't confirm until we see the TTC's official words since TTC didn't have any words related this. So that's true, and we have to wait until what TTC's official saying. There is still possibility to TTC is operation current 105C (to Steeles) to making more frequent service within Toronto.

13 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

I'm on my phone so I can't tell the driver side number, did/can you see the 17 on a computer? If not the factory floor video could be as old as 2009/2010 ;)

I played that video in slowmotion, and looks likely one of 177X (Can't see last digit clearly).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Viva5113 said:

YRT staffs are telling me like "We will takeover all portion of route 105 and TTC 105 is discontinued as YRT will assume full service south of Steeles.". However, we can't confirm until we see the TTC's official words since TTC didn't have any words related this. So that's true, and we have to wait until what TTC's official saying. There is still possibility to TTC is operation current 105C (to Steeles) to making more frequent service within Toronto.

Well YRT can't board any passengers south of Steeles or make any drop-offs heading north... so TTC will need to continue running a branch in order to continue providing service along Dufferin.

Route 117 Alness still runs at a 10 min frequency during rush hour and at a 20 min frequency middays. It could cover some of the demand but not all of it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Viva5113 said:

I played that video in slowmotion, and looks likely one of 177X (Can't see last digit clearly).

105_prp.png It would appear that the TTC will operate 105C...

"Service north of Steeles Avenue would be replaced by York Region Transit"

"Local service will continue to operate on Dufferin Street, between Sheppard Avenue West and Steeles Avenue West"

"Some customers would have to transfer to another bus route for cross-boundary travel between York Region and Toronto"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I just read that yrt viva buses been using the bus road from Bowes road to Jane st and not a HOV lane yet under the baylaw. So i would say it not been made put of road yet?

When they do it under bylaw not yrt bus can use it.

On 2017. 4. 9. at 10:47 PM, tommike said:

Hi I just read that yrt viva buses been using the bus road from Bowes road to Jane st and not a HOV lane yet under the baylaw. So i would say it not been made put of road yet?

When they do it under bylaw not yrt bus can use it.

If you mean does YRT bus using rapidway is ilegel, Yes. This is temporary. The current plan indicates when extenstion is open the 77 bus will kicked out to mixed traffic since there is a viva service could be operate.

13 hours ago, Viva5113 said:

If you mean does YRT bus using rapidway is ilegel, Yes. This is temporary. The current plan indicates when extenstion is open the 77 bus will kicked out to mixed traffic since there is a viva service could be operate.

A bus lane is for buses. The local authorities decide what type of bus they will permit(town, region, controlling transit authority). What I find funny is the last time I read up on it (2 years or so) yrt claimed rapid ways were only for viva, so this means any mobility vehicle is not allowed...

So currently only vehicles allowed on the rapid way (west) are yrt buses as outlined by yrt. Once the subway opens it will change to viva only.

Also there's a huge difference between bus lanes and hov lanes... HOV lanes could permit vehicles with more than one person, or like on the 400 series if you own a green car just the driver. Bus lanes are like bike lanes if you put anything under your control in that lane (car, motorcycle, a plane) and it's not permitted there you could get a fine/ticket. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2017 at 6:51 PM, dj.surf.lfs said:

YRT's new system map now shows all express routes - https://www.yrt.ca/en/schedules-and-maps/resources/YRT-SystemMap_web_Apr2017.pdf

Also, starting April 30, 760 will use 400/Bass Pro Mills instead of Jane.

I apparently see no notable difference in the map; it's probably just updated to reflect the current routing.

On 4/19/2017 at 3:43 PM, newflyerinvero said:

Please delete.

This statement isn't clear - I see no reason why the map should be taken down: doesn't resemble the one that used to be at Downsview station in any way (which now appears here prematurely as Sheppard West - the renaming is supposed to happen at the end of the month).

11 minutes ago, Transit geek said:

This statement isn't clear - I see no reason why the map should be taken down: doesn't resemble the one that used to be at Downsview station in any way (which now appears here prematurely as Sheppard West - the renaming is supposed to happen at the end of the month).

When someone says "Delete" or "Please delete" they mean that they want their own message deleted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, you guys might know me from the MiWay thread. I have plans of taking some last pictures of the YRT Orion Vs before they retire. Does anyone know when they usually appear? the wiki says they're on the express routes going from finch to bur oak during rush, but are there anywhere else I can see them at? I'm also planning on visiting YRT southeast division, so does anyone know where that is? thanks!

2 hours ago, FlyerLFR said:

Hey guys, you guys might know me from the MiWay thread. I have plans of taking some last pictures of the YRT Orion Vs before they retire. Does anyone know when they usually appear? the wiki says they're on the express routes going from finch to bur oak during rush, but are there anywhere else I can see them at? I'm also planning on visiting YRT southeast division, so does anyone know where that is? thanks!

Southeast division is South of Highway 7, North of 14th Avenue along Woodbine Avenue, https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Miller+Transit+Limited/@43.8342666,-79.3589131,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xe86654f0269ee157!8m2!3d43.8384814!4d-79.3574801?hl=en

Also, they appear on the 18 Bur Oak with the 14:27 run from Angus Glen CC usually being an Orion V, heck you might bump into me along Bur Oak as I live around that area.

3 hours ago, FlyerLFR said:

Best plan IMO is to take the second 303 bur oak express from finch at pm rush, it leaves at around 4:25 or so but its usually at the terminal by 4, in the layover area. Get off at butternut lane and take viva purple or 1 to montgomery, then catch the same bus you had on 303 going west to finch on the 5:50 300 business express. You can get on the 300 on the NE corner of highway 7 & montgomery. 99% of the time this trip is a V (at least on fridays it is, thats when i usually ride it). This trip should cost you one express fare, and should get you back to finch between 6:30-6:50.

Thank guys, I looked up Southeast Miller on google maps, and i realized that some buses are parked outside. Are the Orion Vs usually parked inside or outside? when are they usually at the garage?

20 hours ago, Hexagonal 10 said:

Southeast division is South of Highway 7, North of 14th Avenue along Woodbine Avenue, https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Miller+Transit+Limited/@43.8342666,-79.3589131,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xe86654f0269ee157!8m2!3d43.8384814!4d-79.3574801?hl=en

Also, they appear on the 18 Bur Oak with the 14:27 run from Angus Glen CC usually being an Orion V, heck you might bump into me along Bur Oak as I live around that area.

do you mean 1:27 or 2:37???? there is no 2:27 bus according to YRT

5 hours ago, FlyerLFR said:

Thank guys, I looked up Southeast Miller on google maps, and i realized that some buses are parked outside. Are the Orion Vs usually parked inside or outside? when are they usually at the garage?

The Miller garage is all outdoor storage underneath the hydro corridor. The roadway is public to allow access to the golf range at the end, but the shops and the outdoor area where the buses are stored is private property, so please be sensible and don't poke around where you're not supposed to.

If anyone is looking for Orion V rides, they are primarily on express routes (300, 301, 302, 303, 304). Some buses may interline by performing trips on other routes. But the easiest way to find them is to be at Finch during the afternoon commute (4-6pm).

• Like 3

7 hours ago, FlyerLFR said:

14:37 is what I meant, my apologies. Anyway, when I rode the 224B twice, I've been able to see Orion Vs in the garage and maybe a few outside. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/05/2017 at 1:22 PM, tommike said:

Any new viva buses on road yet?

I was on 1774, which was causing technical issues. They sent a viva tok north bus as a replacement. Hope they moved it, it's not good having issues with a new bus.

Also saw 1772 at RHC. 1773 on purple.

I've not paid much attention the last 2 weeks but it's the first time I've been on a 17xx bus, first time I've seen them (they sound slightly different to the 2013 models)

One thing I noticed however (next to the random pole or 2 being a different color) is the 2017 didn't have the artic curtain or any maps. Also on the wiki I noticed the bus has the weirdly placed stop request button between the pad and the buses main computer system.

20170607_044234_HDR.jpg

• Like 1