York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

I noticed on the wiki it says that 1501-1516 will be at Miller. Is that confirmed, and if so when will they be arriving? Just want to know if I'll get to see them before I head back to London for university

Don't expect them to be in service until around November.

Thanks. I was just asking, since I remember the XD40s were in service by September. Guess that's not the case this year

There was a reason why our September service changes are lacklustre, most of the changes are to happen in November with the new vehicles arriving.

that explains why I sometimes don't hear "Efforts are underway to restore regular service. We apologize for any inconvenience."

"Attention TTC customers: to ensure safety over track conditions ahead, this subway train will operate slower than normal for a short time. We apologize for the inconvenience and will resume normal speed shortly."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My friend showed me those blue and green Viva 10 buttons that YRT was giving out at the viva 10 event and I was just wondering how I can get the other ones as well. YRT didn't post on how to get the other ones. Are they not out yet? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone notice the 2 plastic partitions beside the rear stepwells that essentially wall off the entire back of the bus from the front of the bus?

What is the purpose of these? The glare is terrible and it's hard to enjoy riding at the back of the buswhen all you see is 2 scratched pieces of plastic.

They dont' seem to exist on other LFS buses at other transit systems. Even the VIVA buses dont have them.

There's also a safety problem. When you're standing on front of the back door, you can't access the emergency door release as it's behind the plexiglass shield. You have to go up the stairs and around the plastic to access it.

I guess it's a simple fix, they can just unscrew them and take them down.

• 2 weeks later...