York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

Some one has made a rant on TTC routes in York Region:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFGNJHh5zd5eYXnbGgf62Mw/videos

And there will be a service redcution on 129A McCowan North which means that artic buses on 129A and 129B will be eliminated and ridership will go down because they don't like the service on that route and they have walked to Steeles to board the bus there instead at boarding at their stops. Oh well, I have too walk all the way down the Steeles to get the frequent better bus service. Get use to it.

You mean some kid... lol When he grows up, he'll deserve more respect, otherwise no.

Will they be used on Viva or conventional YRT? I cannot wait to see them!

If you read the document, it says for "conventional" service. Also, we all know VIVA won't be getting anymore 40ft since they had to get rid of 20 of them last year to YRT.

Viva Yellow doesn't need that many buses. It's a small expansion. They should have bought the buses already with last year's batch. Maybe when they need more by 2016, they'll buy more close to then.

Heavily depends on when TOK will take over the Viva contract, as I believe they want the new garage in Richmond Hill to open first. Around then is also when the 82xx will be back in service, as they're currently gone for refurbishment (and a bunch of other unrelated issues).

Viva Yellow doesn't need that many buses. It's a small expansion. They should have bought the buses already with last year's batch. Maybe when they need more by 2016, they'll buy more close to then.

I believe Viva will be getting more artics, and Yellow will be using 40ft Van Hools displaced from other routes. (The Purple short-turn, which is currently using 40fts due to a shortage, is one such place... I wouldn't be surprised if more artics go onto Pink as well).

I believe Viva will be getting more artics, and Yellow will be using 40ft Van Hools displaced from other routes. (The Purple short-turn, which is currently using 40fts due to a shortage, is one such place... I wouldn't be surprised if more artics go onto Pink as well).

The Yellow just need 4 buses according to YRT's planning. If they need more artics, they'll buy them in a bigger batch rather than a few buses at a time. Maybe they can buy enough artics to replace the entire 40ft fleet as YRT will need more buses when they take over the TTC routes in Vaughan.

The Yellow just need 4 buses according to YRT's planning. If they need more artics, they'll buy them in a bigger batch rather than a few buses at a time. Maybe they can buy enough artics to replace the entire 40ft fleet as YRT will need more buses when they take over the TTC routes in Vaughan.

Green, Orange, Yellow, and Silver when it starts will not require artics for a long time to come. YRT's intention is to retain the existing 40fts on these four routes, and the conversion of only 20 of the 60 A330s was done with these future requirements in mind.

One rumour I heard a while ago was that the Metrolinx Novas would go directly to Viva, while the remaining A330s would be converted to regular service, in order to have some commonality with parts. However, with the latest staff report saying that the new Novas will be for conventional, it seem that this rumour is no longer the case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like the ex GO Transit 0xx Vs are being Replaced by the Novabus LFS's by end of this Year?

Officially they are being replaced by the 2014 XD40s that entered service a few months ago. However, Southeast has been keeping their 0xx Vs active longer, originally as a 'buffer' in case the Xcelsiors had teething problems, and because they're short on buses and can use the extra help. Southwest's units were all mothballed very soon after their Xcelsiors entered service, although I think they're still being kept semi-active as "last-resort" buses.

That being said, only 012 has been spotted (precisely once, on Jan 5th) by yours truly in service since the New Year started, so it's possible they have been retired, but as of yet there is no confirmation that they are retired.

Officially they are being replaced by the 2014 XD40s that entered service a few months ago. However, Southeast has been keeping their 0xx Vs active longer, originally as a 'buffer' in case the Xcelsiors had teething problems, and because they're short on buses and can use the extra help. Southwest's units were all mothballed very soon after their Xcelsiors entered service, although I think they're still being kept semi-active as "last-resort" buses.

That being said, only 012 has been spotted (precisely once, on Jan 5th) by yours truly in service since the New Year started, so it's possible they have been retired, but as of yet there is no confirmation that they are retired.

So Southwest decided to mothballed 008 in the fall as the ofter units retired.

• 2 weeks later...

Route 32 and 84 Dial-a-ride will be changed.

Effective Feb 3rd.

New number: 905-771-2232

Same hours of operation and frequency of (60 min from 30 min now)

operated by other Mobility Plus division (looks like Royal Taxi)

Can't issue Transfer. (If you transferring. You may allow to pay fare in second vehicle)

• 2 weeks later...

On a side note, have they ever used the external door buttons on the viva buses? Theyve always spec'ed this option but so far in the last 10 years they've never used it. Do they plan to or was it just part of some package when they bought the buses?

On a side note, have they ever used the external door buttons on the viva buses? Theyve always spec'ed this option but so far in the last 10 years they've never used it. Do they plan to or was it just part of some package when they bought the buses?

yeah.. actually it works. But they prefer drivers control these rear doors. the YRT van Hools sometimes use it but works only from inside because they removed it from outside.