York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

Next board. After Oct 12. Not now.

Plus Malvern artics don't run on weekends. The chance of seeing one is rare. I don't think any even popped up after the two that appeared lasted Tuesday.

I know that Malvern artics doesn't run on weekends. Ocassionally, artics are found on McCowan road in Toronto and Markham on weekdays.

Probably won't see artics on the route anymore after all the 85 gets artics. All the artics on the 129 appears in PM rush using buses previously serving the 134.

The problem with the TTC and it's multiple branches is that all the people that can take any branches fills up the bus leaving those who need a specific branch to fight for a spot. It is those who take the bus to the end of the route that suffers from all the delays, short turns and crowding issue. It's bad when both branches show up, let's say 129A and 129B. The 129A arrives at STC first and get's a full load on top of being late. The 129B carries a moderate load. Now wait at Sheppard/McCowan and you'll see that you can't get on the 129A. Obviously by Steeles, many people will be offloaded and the bus won't be as full. I don't take it on Sundays, but I can say that any bunching would be very bad for this route since people take it all the way to Steeles.

Oh yeah, when I take the 129 back then it happens all the time, If i'm near the front of the line I get on the the 129A and usually by the time we get past finch, half the bus would be empty, by Steeles there would be seats available.

People have the get on the first bus mentality, some people are smart that they let the 129A packed go and they get on the 129B that will have guaranteed seats

Notes.

1384's left side fleet # is futher back than normal + front fleet # reads '384

1091's front fleet plate is located on different location then other buses in 1080-1094

1415 didn't have no smoking / no litter sticker on front pannel

Also due to 407 transponder problems, Route 77A uses Van Hool newA330 only

Also due to 407 transponder problems, Route 77A uses Van Hool newA330 only

Not transponder problems...the Van Hools are the only Southwest buses that have transponders. They were not removed when the buses transferred to Southwest from BRT.

(Although I have seen a Flyer or 2 out there.)

Not transponder problems...the Van Hools are the only Southwest buses that have transponders. They were not removed when the buses transferred to Southwest from BRT.

(Although I have seen a Flyer or 2 out there.)

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 407 Transponders for Buses is yellow right? if yes, then I've seen them on Southwest Buses recently (on the 88 and 23)

Plus Malvern artics don't run on weekends. The chance of seeing one is rare. I don't think any even popped up after the two that appeared lasted Tuesday.

Actually today, I saw a Nova Bus Artic on 129A McCowan North in Markham.

Today is October 7th. The next board period starts October 12, which if I understand correctly, is when they will be taken off the route.

Who knows. The 129 McCowan North bus frequency and bus type is not going to change on October 12 because it is not mentioned in the TTC website.

Who knows. The 129 McCowan North bus frequency and bus type is not going to change on October 12 because it is not mentioned in the TTC website.

He's referring to an internal change, where pretty much all the artics at Malvern will be used for 85 Sheppard East and 53E/F Steeles East Express services starting October 12th

Malvern is running short on buses, same as every other division. They'll throw whatever they can on the 129. Malvern uses 2 less artics and will have some spares lying around which can still be dispatched on the 129 in pm rush. With the conversion, the 85 is going to free up a dozen of 40ft buses, so the chances of seeing an artic on the 129 or 199 is much lower, but it doesn't mean it won't happen. We'll see what happens next week.

I couldn't find out 001-014 in service recently, anybody know where are they?

9701,9703 is continue to used on many routes in North division (mainly spare on 22/22A)

013 was on Trench this morning.

Southeast (Miller) uses the Orion Vs regularly. Between 011-014 and 230-233, I typically see 4 or 5 in service during each rush hour.

As for Southwest's Vs, ever since the Xcelsiors have been entering service, I haven't seen a single 0xx on the tracker for about 2 weeks now. I'm fairly certain they've been withdrawn from service (used as last-resort emergency spares only), or outright retired.

The 58 seems to get 9701 or 9703 during AM rush quite frequently, there must be a driver who likes them. I've also seen it reported on the board the 22A cover bus tends to get them too.

I couldn't find out 001-014 in service recently, anybody know where are they?

9701,9703 is continue to used on many routes in North division (mainly spare on 22/22A)

The Southeast V's are commonly found on the GO Shuttles at Richmond Hill GO in the Morning/Afternoon. ususally the 241 or the 243. In the afternoon it can be 243, 241, or even the 86.

The Southeast V's are commonly found on the GO Shuttles at Richmond Hill GO in the Morning/Afternoon. ususally the 241 or the 243. In the afternoon it can be 243, 241, or even the 86.

Southeast ex-GO Vs are easy to find: 14, 18, 81, 83, 86, 202, 240, 241, 242, 243, or 244, depending on AM or PM rush.

Southeast ex-GO Vs are easy to find: 14, 18, 81, 83, 86, 202, 240, 241, 242, 243, or 244, depending on AM or PM rush.

Rarely see V's on the 18 anymore. (used to be every day on both Am and Pm rush) Now we mostly get XD40's However almost every day they have been on the 42/204.

Service changes effective November 2:

Viva Purple - Additional travel time added

Viva Pink - Additional travel time added

Viva Green - Additional travel time added

3 Thornhill - Weekday service adjustments

4A Major Mackenzie - Minor trip adjustments

7 Martin Grove - Weekday service adjustments

20/20A Jane - Weekday service adjustments

22A King City - Travel time adjustments

23 Thornhill Woods - Minor trip adjustments

26 Maple Local - Minor trip adjustments

28 Huntington - Minor trip adjustments

52 Holland Landing - Service adjustments for better connections with GO train

54 Bayview - Weekday service adjustments

55/55B Davis Drive - Minor trip adjustments

77A Highway 7 - PM rush service adjustments

85/85C Rutherford - Minor trip adjustments

87 Autumn Hill - Service adjustments for better connections with GO train

88 Bathurst - Minor trip adjustments

91/91A Bayview - Minor trip adjustments

401 Brother Andre School Special - Additional travel time added

425 Huron Heights Secondary School Special - Minor trip adjustments

760 Vaughan Mills/Wonderland - Service to Vaughan Mills only due to Wonderland closure

165A Weston Road North - Seasonal discontinuation due to Wonderland closure

Then they should serve Malvern Artics as subway shuttle buses next week because the Yonge line between Eglinton and a Bloor station will close for repairs.