York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

Service changes starting next weekend. Highlights include:

- Earlier viva blue service from Bernard Terminal.

- Route 26 Maple Local to operate along Creditstone/Locke/Caldari/River Rock to Vaughan Mills Terminal, as well as a weekday service increase in frequency. Looks like an extra bus is being added for AM rush, midday, and PM rush service.

- 85 operating between Vaughan Mills and Leslie renamed 85C.

- Extra trips on routes 300 and 303.

- New route 412 Thornlea School Special.

- Extra bus on PM Route 443.

- Weekday service during the Christmas break on Route 760 to have 45 minute frequency.

Service changes starting next weekend. Highlights include:

- Earlier viva blue service from Bernard Terminal.

- Route 26 Maple Local to operate along Creditstone/Locke/Caldari/River Rock to Vaughan Mills Terminal, as well as a weekday service increase in frequency. Looks like an extra bus is being added for AM rush, midday, and PM rush service.

- 85 operating between Vaughan Mills and Leslie renamed 85C.

- Extra trips on routes 300 and 303.

- New route 412 Thornlea School Special.

- Extra bus on PM Route 443.

- Weekday service during the Christmas break on Route 760 to have 45 minute frequency.

The 412 is long overdue for capacity, they implement it this year because to original 413 doesn't match the dismissal bell times of St. Roberts and Thornlea anymore.

But I thought route 26 currently has 40 min midday frequency...

• 2 weeks later...

5124 has received the honor of carrying the 2013 YRT/Viva holiday bus wrap.

2013holidaybus.jpg

nice wrap, would love to photo it in service@!

btw have all the 20 YRT's ex VIVA Vanhools been refurbished and back to service? Just wondering if someone can update the wiki, btw 517 is having the plate # BN2115 while 510 is BN2134, just wondering if anyone know their ex ViVA #, thank you

nice wrap, would love to photo it in service@!

btw have all the 20 YRT's ex VIVA Vanhools been refurbished and back to service? Just wondering if someone can update the wiki, btw 517 is having the plate # BN2115 while 510 is BN2134, just wondering if anyone know their ex ViVA #, thank you

When did you see 510? I've been keeping track on the online tracker, and 517 only entered service this afternoon for the first time, and 510 hasn't appeared to my knowledge.

The Van Hool refurbs will all keep their original license plates, you should be able to look them up on the Wiki.

When did you see 510? I've been keeping track on the online tracker, and 517 only entered service this afternoon for the first time, and 510 hasn't appeared to my knowledge.

The Van Hool refurbs will all keep their original license plates, you should be able to look them up on the Wiki.

I photoed 510 at VIVA garage back on Oct 8, with the newly arrived 13's Nova artics at that time

get from WIKI that 510 is ex-5141 while 517 is ex 5156~~

IMG_8077.JPG

nice wrap, would love to photo it in service@! btw have all the 20 YRT's ex VIVA Vanhools been refurbished and back to service?

518 (ex-5158 as shown by A. Aikman) still hasn't been reported returned yet and 5160 (which will be 520) was still in service until only recently.

Haven't heard anything about 512, 515, or 516.

518 (ex-5158 as shown by A. Aikman) still hasn't been reported returned yet and 5160 (which will be 520) was still in service until only recently.

Haven't heard anything about 512, 515, or 516.

How about 5129? It will not converted to YRT. But in wiki say don't refurbished yet.

is this the last one un-refurbished?

5149 also still exists. I believe 5146, 5149, 5154, & 5160 are the only ones that have not been refurbished, though I haven't seen 5154 lately.

Somewhat related to this, I have still seen most of the active 2000 Orion Vs as well as 9701 and 9703 active over the last week.

5146 and 5149 are the only unrefurbished ones running around lately. Both 5154 and 5160 haven't been in service since October 28th, so likely that they're gone.

As for 5129, according to my notes it looks like it reentered service after a 3-week vacation on October 22nd.

Also, the tracker indicates 515 and 518 entered service today. Seems like the floodgates are opening for refurbs, since it's been well over a month since any have entered service, and now we have 4 in two days. The only ones we're waiting on are 510, 512, 513, 516, and 520 (four of which are mentioned in the first line of this post).

How accurate do u think the tracker is? A few weeks back it showed 9703 and 610 on the 98 Yonge, it turned out that the "9703" was actually 611 when I was up there.

YRT does a lot of interlines. The runs on the 98 have 3 buses during the rush hours, and 2 during the midday/evenings. North Division in particular has a high ratio of school specials, and buses that were out during the midday, from my observations, often go to PM school specials. I don't have the particular circumstances under your visit, but considering 9703 is a rush hour only bus, it's certainly possible it left service as scheduled and was replaced by 611 between the time you last saw the tracker on your computer and when you made it to Newmarket.

As for Viva, I commute to and from work every day along Highway 7, and I note the buses displayed on the tracker (in fact, I know when to leave my office to catch the bus based on when it passes a certain stop). The few times a different bus has come than what was on the tracker was because it was a standby unit at Richmond Hill Centre (noticeably less busy than normal, and does not continue back west at MSH). Otherwise, pretty much all of the buses I see on my commutes are accurate to the tracker.

I don't post my sightings every day because I don't physically see every bus; however, I do track which buses are in and out of service, and units that have not shown up on the tracker on any route for an extended have a higher probability that they actually are not in service. This is also why when I do post, I clearly say these sightings are observed from the tracker, and the reader can make their own judgments on the accuracy of my information.

If I recall, 9701 and 9703 were supposed to retire when replaced by whichever next "batch" of buses arrives (whether new or refurbished). Viva Black can likely give better information, as I remember hearing something that they were supposed to be retired due to the Viva 40 footer refurbs (which none were sent to Newmarket). Perhaps next delivery?

If it means anything, I've noticed these two buses have been in service a lot more than usual lately.

If I recall, 9701 and 9703 were supposed to retire when replaced by whichever next "batch" of buses arrives (whether new or refurbished). Viva Black can likely give better information, as I remember hearing something that they were supposed to be retired due to the Viva 40 footer refurbs (which none were sent to Newmarket). Perhaps next delivery?

If it means anything, I've noticed these two buses have been in service a lot more than usual lately.

that's what i thought too together with the 00's series ex-GO Vs, but seems it's not the case at all, are they keeping those buses for expansion?

It was midday at around 12pm when I saw 9703 and 610 on the 98 from the tracker, when I arrived at Bernard at around 1:10pm, 610 showed up and 611 came at 1:50pm, so possibly 9703 was replaced by 611 at Newmarket or 611 came from another route and 9703 went to another route?.