York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

For those who want to know the difference between the LFS Artic and the LFX there is one way to figure it based on my observation today. The LFX do not have a yellow strip below the doors way instead it is a black strip. While the LFS Artics have the yellow strip below the door way. Only noticeable on the exterior.

I thought the LFS had 50/50 front doors too? Haven't been on Viva in quite awhile so I've lost track.

I had a quick walkthrough today before my shift, and can offer this info,

the 13XX series are pretty much the same as the 10XX series but,

they are 3rd Gen, 1371 was built in May /13

Front door is 50/50, Rear doors are the same....

Interior is the same (not neXtbus) the rear facing W/C position now has a flip up seat for better flow into the area....

Alcoa rims all around....

new InIT module for the driver

Paint scheme has been slightly updated...

Exterior plug in on the front of bus....

LED headlights....

No more Run number screen.....

upper rad grill on rear of bus is different (4 vents, instead of 3)

And, for what its worth... the LFX buses have the LFX badge on the back under the window.

The LFSA has a NovaBUS badge....

I struck up a conversation with a Pink driver today because I was the only passenger on the bus. Here's a few points he brought up if anyone's interested:

-Too much running time between RHC and Allstate; he left -1 at RHC, ends up +2 at Bayview. He was driving 30km/h on the rapidway and he ended up +5 at West Beaver Creek.

-Depending on crowds, it's possible to go the speed limit on the Blue and still be -3 all the way down.

-There is apparently a rapidway intersection advisory speed limit of 20km/h.

-If there is major traffic between the 404 and Town Centre, and he's westbound and behind -10, that time can be made up on the rapidway, no sweat.

-Unionville High school needs a bigger bus at dismissal time.

On Saturday, Yonge Street will be closed and routes 3,77,99,760 and viva blue are detouring BW between Clark Ave. and Royal Orchard Blvd. Here are the deets:

Detour September 21

Various routes will follow a detour September 21 due to road closures for the Thornhill Festival and parade. Centre St. will be closed from Atkinson Rd. to Yonge St., as well as Yonge St. from Royal Orchard Blvd. to John St.

Viva blue and 760 - Vaughan Mills/Wonderland detour in both directions (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) via Yonge, Steeles, Bayview, Highway 7, Richmond Hill Centre.

3 - Thornhill detour in both directions (8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.) via Royal Orchard, Yonge, Highway 7, Bathurst, New Westminster.

77 - Highway 7 detour in both directions (8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.) via Promenade Circle, New Westminster, Clark, Yonge.

99 - Yonge detour in both directions (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) via Yonge, Doncaster, Henderson, John, Bayview, Royal Orchard.

Customers are advised to plan ahead and allow extra travel time.

That's for the 37th Annual Thornhill Festival and parade.

Hello? I am DangSunM from wikimedia projects.

I saw #1375, #1374 #1372 enter the service.

Inner bedgel is changed to yellow instead white, no # sign LED and 50/50 front door.

p.s You can use my photos in wikimeida commons if you want, but just added it is taken by 분당선M (DangSunM)

Viva_1374.jpg

Viva_1375_inner.jpg

580 has joined the tile wars, wrapped for Tiles and Stones.

I think they have around 7 or 8 full wraps. From what I recall: 229, 316, 318, 319, 580, and 725 have them, and I know there are others. Also, 713 has a full wrap, didn't see what it was for, but it's light blue with some red.

In other news, viva blue was fully run by artics yesterday, including the Newmarket runs.

I think they have around 7 or 8 full wraps. From what I recall: 229, 316, 318, 319, 580, and 725 have them, and I know there are others. Also, 713 has a full wrap, didn't see what it was for, but it's light blue with some red.

In other news, viva blue was fully run by artics yesterday, including the Newmarket runs.

Yes I see that

I'm looking at the YRT bus tracker and see Blue today has artics. Today being Sunday. I thought they didn't want artics out on Sundays due to low ridership?

Actually, people have been complaining about overcrowding on Sundays for weeks now.

The Bernard runs have been using artics for Saturday and Sunday service for a while now, while the Newmarket runs are using the 40 footers.

What is this YRT bus tracker that you speak of?

The one that was posted on this board a while back from a member. I just saved it to my favourites knowing I will use it from time to time. It works like Brampton's where it shows the bus fleet number, its current location and the route its on. Brampton's is official while YRT's is unofficial I believe.

The one that was posted on this board a while back from a member. I just saved it to my favourites knowing I will use it from time to time. It works like Brampton's where it shows the bus fleet number, its current location and the route its on. Brampton's is official while YRT's is unofficial I believe.

HERES THE LINK....

YRT has posted on their website that they are "coming out" with their own bus tracker too....

Ah thanks for the link, thought the YRT tracker came out early or something.

Add 228 to this list, saw it yesterday on route 23. 713 is wrapped for hersh.ca, just when you thought he was gone...