York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

personally i want them to keep the MegaMAX's just because they're the only ones left in York Region with flip dots, i just wish they would stop breaking >.>

They could have got parts off from Markham Orion VI, again the Region won't allow it.

here is a question..dont know if it has been asked. I have the Spring 2012 map, they show the 760 from Finch to Wonderland, how come that 59 The ROC does not appear on the map?

I am thinking because it is a seasonal Winter route.

i could understand york region not wanting to pay for new signs for buses that old, but to not allow to get parts off retired buses that makes no sense.......... if they got constantly busted signs thats not good

i guess they didn't want to lower the re-sale value so they were instructed to keep the part there... but really it's anyone's guess...

ok, people, have a serious question, maybe some of you can answer...

WTF is up with the awful connections between the YRT 77 & BT ZUM 501 @Hwy 7 & 50?

The connections between ZUM and the 77 are just fine. Are you thinking about transfers between Brampton's route 1 and the 77?

Dan

Just wanted to update you guys on the construction of the busway and Vivastations. They've started putting up the Leslie Vivastation (eastbound), so far only the supports are up.

From the vivanext Facebook:

564984_10150684941667967_66158837966_9451126_1966935690_n.jpg

150708_10150684941832967_66158837966_9451129_288151154_n.jpg

399154_10150684942192967_66158837966_9451134_712660813_n.jpg

The connections between ZUM and the 77 are just fine. Are you thinking about transfers between Brampton's route 1 and the 77?

Dan

Actually Dan, at night they're horrible, the ZUM 501 constantly takes off before my 77 gets stopped at the stop...

Ive figured out how to solve it, but its a huge pain in the arse...

take 77, to Islington or kipling, jump off, & have to wait there, neither are very safe stops.. OR backtrack using a 77 to Promanade, then a Purple to York U... then get the 501 there..

There's a neato prototype set up at the corner of Warden/Enterprise.

I believe they're going to be the new standard light posts and traffic signals for the Highway 7 rapidways. It's odd that the transit signal priority signals are yellow also.

Get your photos of "Leslie Street" signs at Warden before they're gone. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Why do they need such a huge crane? They look like they could be installed by two of three workers, without shutting a lane and spending money on crane hire.

The "lane" that is closed are the Rapidway lanes, which were already closed off to traffic. No auto traffic lanes were closed to accommodate the crane (although perhaps the left turn lane was shortened slightly).

It would also be very difficult to impossible to install this station structure as designed without a crane, as the structural pieces are very large and heavy, they would not be able to be installed with a simple forklift or by hand. On the other hand, if you wanted the construction crew to put each individual beam of the structure on by hand without using a crane, it would take probably weeks to construct the shelter (again closing off 1-2 lanes for staging) instead of the single day with using the crane.