York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

What has been done so far? I went through Enterprise a couple of weeks ago and it doesn't seem like there was any changes, the only thing I noticed was Miller did a second layer of pavement and painted lines.

The cul de sac to the west of Warden, where the VIVA buses go, then veer east into Enterprise, began construction.

At least they're moving along with the project. Down here it doesn't seem like very much has been done with hwy 7.

The thing is, with Davis Drive, there are numerous businesses that are very close to the road. Work won't be starting for some time (a year or two?), but these businesses have to get out of there.

Talking about the service change in the Winter 2010 YRT \ Viva system map, has anyone noticed about the re-alignment (or re-routing, whichever word is more appropriate) for Viva Orange? It's showing Viva Orange to be re-routed on a road just north of Finch. I double checked the map and see there're no "passable roads" north of Finch... Was it a mistake on the map? Did they mean Orange is going to be on Finch?

Route 45 - Mingay

Effective December 20, 2009:

Routing will be restructured to operate along the north section of Raymerville Dr. Service along the south section of Raymerville Dr. will be removed, but will continue to be serviced by Route 41 – Markham Local.

Wow. They finally figured out how dumb (no offense) to put both routes together, on the same road, for like 2-ish km. What's more dumb is that I've seen a 41 and a 45 going one after another... There's not THAT MUCH DEMAND on Raymerville Dr. South Section!!

Talking about the service change in the Winter 2010 YRT \ Viva system map, has anyone noticed about the re-alignment (or re-routing, whichever word is more appropriate) for Viva Orange? It's showing Viva Orange to be re-routed on a road just north of Finch. I double checked the map and see there're no "passable roads" north of Finch...

Yeah there is. It's called the York U busway.

Yeah there is. It's called the York U busway.

Oh. I see... The last time I've been to that area was like a year ago :P

I hope the new YRT \ VIVA system map that they said they'll release this spring with the large font and land use data won't be too ugly... I'm kinda excited for it! :P (I know... there's a sneak peak in the MyTransit newsletter)

Also... http://www.yrt.ca/schedules/navigators/90.pdf

Oh, the 90 now has half hour Sunday service!

According to an email someone received from YRT.. the half hour on Sunday is in fact correct:

YRT Route 90 Sunday service, effective December 20, 2009, is correctly posted on the Route Navigator. The route will operate hourly on Sunday mornings (approximately 8:30am - 11:30am) and also Sunday evenings (approximately 5:30pm - 8:30pm). During the midday (approximately 12pm - 5pm) the service will run every half hour. Due to space limitations on the Route Navigator, there are specific times listed for the AM service, the midday service is listed as "and every half hour until", and specific times are then listed for the evening PM service.

That would me my picture. :P

Perhaps someone can look into 868 and check its current license plate.

Look here, 868 has BN5 813. This picture wasn't too recent either... I recently re-uploaded it, but it's from almost a year ago, probably spring 2009.

Wow. They finally figured out how dumb (no offense) to put both routes together, on the same road, for like 2-ish km. What's more dumb is that I've seen a 41 and a 45 going one after another... There's not THAT MUCH DEMAND on Raymerville Dr. South Section!!

Dumb means not being able to speak nor hear. And if you thought it was stupid, why didn't you just email YRT about it and suggest it?

Talking about the service change in the Winter 2010 YRT \ Viva system map, has anyone noticed about the re-alignment (or re-routing, whichever word is more appropriate) for Viva Orange? It's showing Viva Orange to be re-routed on a road just north of Finch. I double checked the map and see there're no "passable roads" north of Finch... Was it a mistake on the map? Did they mean Orange is going to be on Finch?

I already mentioned this a couple of pages back. Viva Orange is suppose to use the busway sometime in 2010.

I already mentioned this a couple of pages back. Viva Orange is suppose to use the busway sometime in 2010.

nothing official on my end, but they have to move the stops first, and since the northbound stops will have TVM's they need to wire them up too... my guess would be sometime in february maybe? (to match up with the boad period...)

nothing official on my end, but they have to move the stops first, and since the northbound stops will have TVM's they need to wire them up too... my guess would be sometime in february maybe? (to match up with the boad period...)

January is what I've heard/been told. It's supposed to coincide with the beginning of the agreement with the TTC regarding carrying passengers between York U and Downsview.

As well, it looks like they've started the process for building a new TVM/VIVAstation at Murray Ross and the busway. I don't know if they've also started at Dufferin and Finch.

Dan

January is what I've heard/been told. It's supposed to coincide with the beginning of the agreement with the TTC regarding carrying passengers between York U and Downsview.

As well, it looks like they've started the process for building a new TVM/VIVAstation at Murray Ross and the busway. I don't know if they've also started at Dufferin and Finch.

Dan

January would make more sense, except the service changes for December/January do not state any routing change for Viva Orange yet, so I'd assume it will be held off for this short board period.

I hate to be the one to post this, and I'm very sorry as this may upset some of you, probably most of you really. It's a very sad, sad day that you have dreaded coming. And that day has arrived. If you don't like sad, upsetting news than please do NOT read any further, if you still would like to know, then keep reading, but be warned, it's VERY UPSETTING!

-

-

The Red Bus Of Death (aka Seneca Wrap) is no longer! The wrap has been removed and replaced... see attached photos taken in the yard tonight right after the wrap was finished (this took all day apparently to complete).. they finished about 8pm (started in the morning).:

tmpphpNQigCl.jpg

tmpphpxUbFze.jpg

The Red Bus Of Death (aka Seneca Wrap) is no longer! The wrap has been removed and replaced... see attached photos taken in the yard tonight right after the wrap was finished (this took all day apparently to complete).. they finished about 8pm (started in the morning).

Er... What do we call it? The YBBOD? Yellow Black Bus Of Death? :P

And to think I never rode 583 as RBOD.

Er... What do we call it? The YBBOD? Yellow Black Bus Of Death? :P

And to think I never rode 583 as RBOD.

not sure.. but it IS for yellow brick house.. so I don't think it should be called anything "bus of death".. it wouldn't be appropriate IMO.

not sure.. but it IS for yellow brick house.. so I don't think it should be called anything "bus of death".. it wouldn't be appropriate IMO.

Agreed. I'll go for YBH.

Personally, I liked the Seneca wrap better. That one was big bright and bold. This YBH ad just looks like someone took an ad and went one size bigger.

how about yellow piece of crap the bus that is, not yellow brick house they do great work my parents donated a kitchen set to a single mom fleeing an abusive relationship through them, when me and my dad went to drop it off to her it was pretty sad she had a few kids she barely could afford the house, it was pretty bare the kids didnt have any clothes (or barely any) and she bought a tv from value village for the kids that stoped working so i gave her mine i know im geting off topic.

how about yellow piece of crap the bus that is, not yellow brick house they do great work my parents donated a kitchen set to a single mom fleeing an abusive relationship through them, when me and my dad went to drop it off to her it was pretty sad she had a few kids she barely could afford the house, it was pretty bare the kids didnt have any clothes (or barely any) and she bought a tv from value village for the kids that stoped working so i gave her mine i know im geting off topic.

don't worry about going off topic, I'm about to as well.. I would do anything i could to help those women..... it's pretty sad IMO that a place like Yellow Brick House even HAS to exist. I'd drive that wrapped 583 for free if they wanted me to.