York Region Transit \ Viva

YRT-Guy

Thought I'd open this up to post anything YRT News/Update related instead of starting a topic each time... hope this is ok? Basically anytime the YRT website is updated or any other related information...

Anyhow a few news items important to YRT/Viva Riders: (Click the description for the link to YRT page)

1) Holiday Service Hours for December 24, 2007 - January 7, 2008

2) New YRT/Viva Fares Effective January 1, 2008 --- Promenade Terminal Construction --- 9th Line Construction COMPLETE! --- YRT/Viva December/January 2007/2008 Holiday Call Centre Hours Of Operation --- YRT/Viva at Santa Claus Parades

3) Also again for New Years Eve December 31, 2007: YRT/Viva will offer extended service on most routes until approximatley 3am. And FREE RIDES for all after 7pm till end of service day.

Some York-related snippets from the recent announcement from GTTA:

"Recommendations by the GTTA Board in this round of proposals include:

- Yonge-University subway capacity and service improvement, as the

first phase of expansion of the line to Richmond Hill. This includes

automated signals and 126 new, larger "Toronto Rocket" subway cars,

increasing capacity by 15 per cent by 2012, setting the stage for a

30 per cent increase in capacity by 2017;

- Bus "rapidway" connection on Yonge Street between Finch Station and

Steeles Avenue, offering dramatic service improvements for travellers

between Toronto and York by 2011;

snip

- Investments towards VIVA Rapid Transit service improvements along

Yonge Street and Highway 7;"

It appears this latter plan is only for north of Richmond Hill Centre. Is there any update as to the status of BRT from Steeles to RHC, or is this still in limbo because of the Yonge subway extension?

GTTA also discussed plans for all-day two-way GO train service along Barrie-Bradford line, but I understand not much planning has been done to upgrade Richmond Hill line, except for proposal to add a RH North station...

Ed D.

Underground mall expansion to the bus terminal - or is that wishful thinking?

I'll take the 2nd one, Alex. Although a more direct connection would probably be a good thing...

The following routes will continue to service Bur Oak Avenue:

Route 1 - Highway 8

Route 85 - 16th Avenue

Route 201 - Markham GO Shuttle

Route 303 - Cornell Express

Interesting tidbit here... both the 1 and 85 will permenately move to Bur Oak. I guess this is in preparation of Cornell terminal opening, which means 85 will then run down the old By-pass?

I also wonder how the 1's off-peak routing via Church will be affected; still down Wooten to Hwy 7, or just across Church to the hospital, and only westbound buses serve Bur Oak? More details provided by YRT would've been nice...

I also wonder how the 1's off-peak routing via Church will be affected; still down Wooten to Hwy 7, or just across Church to the hospital, and only westbound buses serve Bur Oak? More details provided by YRT would've been nice...

1 Via Church will be the old way simply going along church street, over 9th line to the hospital as far as I've heard... Leaving the hospital westbound will be church to Bur Oak to 7.

Thought I'd open this up to post anything YRT News/Update related instead of starting a topic each time... hope this is ok? Basically anytime the YRT website is updated or any other related information...

Anyhow a few news items important to YRT/Viva Riders: (Click the description for the link to YRT page)

1) Holiday Service Hours for December 24, 2007 - January 7, 2008

2) New YRT/Viva Fares Effective January 1, 2008 --- Promenade Terminal Construction --- 9th Line Construction COMPLETE! --- YRT/Viva December/January 2007/2008 Holiday Call Centre Hours Of Operation --- YRT/Viva at Santa Claus Parades

3) Also again for New Years Eve December 31, 2007: YRT/Viva will offer extended service on most routes until approximatley 3am. And FREE RIDES for all after 7pm till end of service day.

The PDF doesn't work. I'll give a wait.

• 2 weeks later...
The fare of YRT\VIVA will increse on January 1st, 2008

New Fare Chart Jan 2008

All Cash Fare ---

1 Zone: $3

2 Zone: $4

HIGHEST in the GTA -_-lll

Adult 10 Tickets ---

1 Zone: $24

2 Zone: $34

Adult Monthly Pass ---

1 Zone: $95

2 Zone: $140

to be honest, it dosen't really change a whole lot, tickets are still the same price, its only cash fare thats going up. the fare hike is also suppose to get riders to buy tickets, and a lot of people end up paying $3 currently becasue they don't have change for $2.75

to be honest, it dosen't really change a whole lot, tickets are still the same price, its only cash fare thats going up. the fare hike is also suppose to get riders to buy tickets, and a lot of people end up paying $3 currently becasue they don't have change for $2.75

but Monthly Pass is $10 more than before

and what u said ppl paying $3 because they dun hv change

Then Presto Card should be implemented asap

the new MY Transit is out, the ticket prices are still the same, there will be expansion of viva purple east of markham road, and there is indication that YRT may be getting hybirds in the future order. the 2008 MY transit pdf is up yet, but i may scan the pamphlet and post it up

Please scan. It's not up on the website yet.

the new MY Transit is out, the ticket prices are still the same, there will be expansion of viva purple east of markham road, and there is indication that YRT may be getting hybirds in the future order. the 2008 MY transit pdf is up yet, but i may scan the pamphlet and post it up

Interesting... the Youth On-board program only gave me October 2007 MyTransit guides for yesterday. And I'm really looking forward to hybrids, although they'd never go to 9/15. 1 will probably get them though unless its to Can-Ar only.