buschic

TTC in the news

26 minutes ago, Kelvin3157 said:

No, just make it into a AirBnb. Or should I say TrainBnb? Either way, you might as well make revenue for well stacked foamers. Restore it's former glory days of revenue service! (At least it's servicing, but in a different way)

That's actually a good idea.

32 minutes ago, Downsview 108 said:

That's actually a good idea.

Yeah, it won’t even need a shower installed....

• Haha 6

Just now, Bus_Medic said:

Yeah, it won’t even need a shower installed....

Hygiene on Wheels should take notes.

Or maybe they're worried somebody is gonna fill the shower with foam (like usual).

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, 7575 said:

Maybe an RV that attaches to your F-150.

Haha, I think you'd need a F-1150 to tow that sucker. 😀

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MK78 said:

Haha, I think you'd need a F-1150 to tow that sucker. 😀

We'll just have to see...

1 hour ago, 7575 said:

Or maybe they're worried somebody is gonna fill the shower with foam (like usual).

Actually, you might be closer to the truth than you realize.  It'd be firefighting foam though.  I did a bit of digging and it turns out that those subway cars were at the National Research Council's National Fire Laboratory.

Have a look at this article:  Mississippi Mills residents sue NRC for $40M over contaminated water  

The two H4s are clearly visible at the right hand side of the first photograph.

• Haha 4

On 4/26/2019 at 10:34 PM, Wayside Observer said:

Actually, you might be closer to the truth than you realize.  It'd be firefighting foam though.  I did a bit of digging and it turns out that those subway cars were at the National Research Council's National Fire Laboratory.

Have a look at this article:  Mississippi Mills residents sue NRC for $40M over contaminated water  

The two H4s are clearly visible at the right hand side of the first photograph.

What are the H4's doing there

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

Fire testing?

Yeah, that's what I thought too, since they're sitting at the National Fire Laboratory where evidently discharged so much firefighting foam they've contaminated all the groundwater in the area and gotten hauled into court for it.  Of course, both of us could be totally off the deep end with the whole thinking about the situation logically thing so who knows.

20 minutes ago, raptorjays said:

Well, current government is not willing to listen other people’s opinion even though they are For the People.

If they are keep ignorant on us, that is the only way to express our disapproval. 

I agree with you on the first part. The second part, not so much. I agree that Doug Ford is a prick but I'm not assassinating him anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, Benton Harper said:

Didn't the problems with public transportation pre-date Ford?

It got even worse when his late brother Rob Ford cancelled the entire 'Transit City' plan.

That's neither here nor there. Our elected officials don't give a rat's ass about transit (not exclusive to Ford), but by threatening to assassinate them on a public forum, you're just making yourself look childish and immature.

• Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, PCC Guy said:

by threatening to assassinate them on a public forum, you're just making yourself look childish and immature.

Not so much that as much as risking oneself getting arrested and charged, or at least investigated (such comments are usually not taken lightly by the authorities).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, raptorjays said:

It got even worse when his late brother Rob Ford cancelled the entire 'Transit City' plan.

So that would be "Yes", that the problems pre-date either of the Ford brothers correct? 

Did you make such comments about Wynn or Rae?

1 hour ago, Benton Harper said:

So that would be "Yes", that the problems pre-date either of the Ford brothers correct? 

Ford the Younger was responsible for the roll-back of many service improvements, and thus current stagnation of ridership on the TTC. So that set of problems most certainly don't pre-date them.

But in other cases, I guess it would depend on what you define as a "problem". An appropriate blanket response to your question would be "In some cases, yes. In some of cases, no."

Did you make such comments about Wynn or Rae?

Why is it relevant to bring up what the comments were in regards to Wynne or Rae, other than for you to produce a strawman?

Dan

• Like 1

"On Saturday, May 25, the TTC is opening its doors to Bay Lower Station as part of Doors Open Toronto. This is the sixth time that the public will get to visit our “ghost station” below Bay Station. Bay Lower will be open between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. and usually attracts upwards of 5,000 curious visitors when featured during the popular city-wide event. Bay Lower has made numerous cameo appearances in many major motion pictures and television"