buschic

TTC in the news

You know, I can live with 15 or 20 minute service after 10:00pm on some of these "10 minute or better routes" with the obvious exceptions routes like King and Dufferin to name a few. It's not the worst to have them a little far apart as at least having service and options will still prevail.

10 minutes ago, leylandvictory2 said:

kill 169 on Sunday!

I think there would be a public outrage if the poor performing routes were taken out. The public or media rather see cuts to busy routes than leaving areas unserved. 

They should rethink of the 10 min network. The 32A was operating with 30 min on Sunday early mornings now operate with 10 min headways. 

1 hour ago, Xtrazsteve said:

I think there would be a public outrage if the poor performing routes were taken out. The public or media rather see cuts to busy routes than leaving areas unserved. 

They should rethink of the 10 min network. The 32A was operating with 30 min on Sunday early mornings now operate with 10 min headways. 

Then think some of the routes like 28 BAYVIEW SOUTH, 162 LAWRENCE-DONWAY and perhaps 121 FORT YORK-ESPLANADE for example. 

1 hour ago, leylandvictory2 said:

kill 169 on Sunday!

No thanks. How would people react if there is no 169A? When the 169 ran everyday except late evenings, Saturday nights and Sundays after Ford cut service in 2011, people relied on other routes on the walking distance. I'd rather see the 21C cut during late evenings (maybe Sundays) between Scarborough Centre and Steeles since the route is pretty empty just north of STC. 

Same with the 121 FORT YORK-ESPLANADE. I'd rather see service ending at 10pm on weekdays, Saturdays and 7pm on Sundays. I'd rode that route and it's bizarrely empty with fewer customers boarding it.

ICYMI:

July 28, 2016:
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/07/28/police-seek-man-who-tossed-coffee-at-bus-driver.html - A man tossed a coffee on the operator in Vaughan via the 105 DUFFERIN NORTH line.

July 29, 2016:
http://www.citynews.ca/2016/07/29/man-struck-and-killed-after-crash-involving-ttc-bus/ - Man dies after crash in the Guildwood area.

July 31, 2016:
http://www.680news.com/2016/07/30/male-in-crisis-on-ttc-bus-at-steeles-avenue-west/  - Bus involved was #8564. Man in crisis with a knife held on the 60 STEELES WEST bus for six hours during a standoff between him and the cops before being taken to the hospital under the Mental Health Act.

August 1, 2016:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/car-ttc-bus-collision-1.3702972 - Five passengers injured after car rear ended a 116C MORNINGSIDE bus. Vehicle on the scene was #7668.

15 hours ago, leylandvictory2 said:

the bus driver suffered minor injuries.  

The knife was held to the ops throat and his wife is also an operator. Very scary.

• Like 1

Let's see how Tory would react to delaying the opening of the Spadina subway extension, the elimination of the kids ride free policy, and cuts to service that he implemented during his photo op.

I'd love to see his reaction, because if he starts to open his mouth about those things, the TTC could turn around and state that's what Tory requested.

2 hours ago, lip said:

Let's see how Tory would react to delaying the opening of the Spadina subway extension, the elimination of the kids ride free policy, and cuts to service that he implemented during his photo op.

I'd love to see his reaction, because if he starts to open his mouth about those things, the TTC could turn around and state that's what Tory requested.

The TTC can just do this quietly to keep Tory happy. They can just schedule 8-10 minute gaps during late nights and 10+ minute gaps on the TYSSE to reduce trains running past 11am. Cite ridership reduction and remove some bus/streetcar runs. Cut back on bus maintenance. Run less buses on subway shuttles. There are lot's of stuff that's not as noticeable if they cut them.

On 8/4/2016 at 0:29 PM, Xtrazsteve said:

The TTC can just do this quietly to keep Tory happy. They can just schedule 8-10 minute gaps during late nights and 10+ minute gaps on the TYSSE to reduce trains running past 11am. Cite ridership reduction and remove some bus/streetcar runs. Cut back on bus maintenance. Run less buses on subway shuttles. There are lot's of stuff that's not as noticeable if they cut them.

Oh, I don't think it's gonna work.  Late nights have the lowest ridership of any period on most routes.

On 8/4/2016 at 9:41 AM, lip said:

the elimination of the kids ride free policy

I'd love for that to happen, the TTC has lost lots of money from doing this with teens fare evading pretending that they are "12"

21 hours ago, 16 McCowan said:

The child was very lucky a passenger notified the driver especially on the 320 Yonge at 3:30 AM. 

If it was on another route that didn't run as frequent, the driver would have most likely noticed at the very last stop to check if any passengers were on-board before heading out of service. 

http://www.metronews.ca/views/toronto/torys-toronto-matt-elliott/2016/08/15/three-numbers-sweaty-ttc-riders-should-remember.html

Having a subway train without air conditioning in the summer

Cutting budget on the transit system although it need more money to improve

Lowest subsidies provided...

If you’re not already angry about the unacceptable heatwave conditions on the TTC, you should be.