buschic

TTC in the news

Like some kind of fu*ked up competition? You’ve already won with your morbid eagerness.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10

3 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Nobody posted the story about the man who got pushed under a train at Bloor Yonge station and killed? I'll do it... In a moment, unless someone can beat me to the punch.

The hell?

That's really messed up. That's very disrespectful to the person who died and their family. You're trying to making a competition out of this. It's not a joke; it's serious.

And who cares if nobody posts it? 

• Thanks 3

Its unfortunate that every time we have an incident like this, there's always one fool on this board who is incapable of appropriately grasping the situation. 

My thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Hayahara and his family at this time. 

• Thanks 6

31 minutes ago, Doppelkupplung said:

Its unfortunate that every time we have an incident like this, there's always one fool on this board who is incapable of appropriately grasping the situation. 

My thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Hayahara and his family at this time. 

I completely agree. He should not be joking like that, especially with a situation as devastating as this. That's just messed up beyond belief.

My prayers are also with Mr. Hayahara and his family at this distressing time.

• Thanks 2

It was stupid enough when you kids are racing to post who sighted on nextbus/transsee which buses in first entered service/ what streetcar got delivered/ first to see blah blah blah... but this is a whole new level of s**t. Congratulation Transit Geek. Shame on you.

This accident will haunt people and remind them anything could happen. Although. not related to this story, Unfortunately many people are so glued to their phones, they lack awareness at subway platforms. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, OC Transpo/STO Fan said:

I completely agree. He should not be joking like that, especially with a situation as devastating as this. That's just messed up beyond belief.

My prayers are also with Mr. Hayahara and his family at this distressing time.

We have people in this hobby who are about as lifeless as the vehicles they chase.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

It was stupid enough when you kids are racing to post who sighted on nextbus/transsee which buses in first entered service/ what streetcar got delivered/ first to see blah blah blah... but this is a whole new level of s**t. Congratulation Transit Geek. Shame on you.

This accident will haunt people and remind them anything could happen. Although. not related to this story, Unfortunately many people are so glued to their phones, they lack awareness at subway platforms. 

... and during the Yonge Street Tragedy he's also attempted this as well. Seems like he hasn't learned his lesson.

It's a shame that parents don't take any responsibility for the kids that post here, and that the trolls (like above) hide in the shadows after posting stupid and cold replies. It ruins the respectful and solemn, and currently memorializing environment of this board. It's a real let down to let these kinds of people on the board in the first place. 

• Thanks 3

I just thought of something, when the closure ended at Bloor-Yonge, they released the following description of the victim and the suspect.

Victim: male in his 20's, possibly dark skin

Suspect: male in his mid 40's, asian

Yesterday, they released the following description and identification 

Victim: Yosuke Hayahara, 73 of Toronto

Suspect: John Reszetnik, 57, caucasian male

First thing I noticed, the victim, not 20, not dark skinned. Second, the victim, not mid 40's, not asian. Why could this be? Maybe false witness statements? Somebody make me understand 

^Well so much for that "international search", Rick Leary will be the new CEO. By international, if they meant American import already in Canada with the TTC, then they certainly got their man.

I'm expecting much of the same stagnant ongoings pre-Byford with Leary at the helm, especially as evidenced by his lack of communication.

• Thanks 1

He we go again with silos and lack of communications. Streetcars routes will become bus routes like the 505 & 506. Rick will join the list of cow bowers and sucking up to the pols.

Yes, looking at the front page of today's Toronto Star on my doorstep, made me realize my question was moot!

I guess the days of management pushing for improved customer service and systemic change are likely over.

-called it.

edit: not worth being called into the office for something I posted here, so I’m going to delete it myself.

Edited by Bus_Medic

31 minutes ago, Bus_Medic said:

-called it.

edit: not worth being called into the office for something I posted here, so I’m going to delete it myself.

Bad or Good? I guess Bad if you took your comments away.

9 hours ago, smallspy said:

While a media rumour is hardly proof until the official announcement, there's also the worry that "where there's smoke, there's fire".

Dan

At this point I wouldnt call it a rumor. It's common practice for individuals to leak news to the media, some (such as in politics) do it just to gauge a reaction of a planned implementation, while others do it because they already have the knowledge and are willing to share that information in exchange for anonymity.

15 hours ago, lip said:

At this point I wouldnt call it a rumor. It's common practice for individuals to leak news to the media, some (such as in politics) do it just to gauge a reaction of a planned implementation, while others do it because they already have the knowledge and are willing to share that information in exchange for anonymity.

At the time of my original posting, it was just a rumour as being reported by the media. The official announcement came later in the day.

I'm good, but even I can't predict the future.

Dan