TTC in the news

buschic

21 hours ago, 16 McCowan said:

The child was very lucky a passenger notified the driver especially on the 320 Yonge at 3:30 AM. 

If it was on another route that didn't run as frequent, the driver would have most likely noticed at the very last stop to check if any passengers were on-board before heading out of service. 

http://www.metronews.ca/views/toronto/torys-toronto-matt-elliott/2016/08/15/three-numbers-sweaty-ttc-riders-should-remember.html

Having a subway train without air conditioning in the summer

Cutting budget on the transit system although it need more money to improve

Lowest subsidies provided...

If you’re not already angry about the unacceptable heatwave conditions on the TTC, you should be.

On August 16, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Kelvin3157 said:

Good. I wonder how much it was really worth just to get views on Youtube. 

The problem with people. They will do anything for attention even if they need to put their own lives on the line. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/programs/metromorning/tory-ttc-infrastructure-1.3733592

I know the TTC is already heading to wrong way, and John Tory is trying to drive them into the black hole by keep demanding that budget cut.. 

I know many services just went back to normal after Rob (stupid) Ford made so many ridiculous service cuts along the system... and cutting the budget may bring that Ford Style service cuts -_-

If the TTC said they can't afford to make a budget cut, John Tory definitely need to stop his demand.. 

16 hours ago, Xtrazsteve said:

Sounds more like someone wasn't paying attention and smashed into the stationary bus.

I've had same thing happen to me before....old guy drove right into back of bus. Bus always wins, didn't even move. Car spun around 3 times, total loss....everyone including driver was ok luckily though. 

10 hours ago, andyman said:

I've had same thing happen to me before....old guy drove right into back of bus. Bus always wins, didn't even move. Car spun around 3 times, total loss....everyone including driver was ok luckily though. 

Sad that their son died while their parents ended up in serious conditions. Police are thinking the son didn't wear a seatbelt. On the bright side, good think the buses can withstand such impact that didn't result in more injuries.

There was a crash at the Long Branch loop at 3AM on 2016-09-03.  A Honda Civic coupe with the Ontario licence plate BYYP 922 slammed into the concrete bus shelter creating a hole in the wall and injuring two pedestrians including an elderly man who suffered a leg injury.

Here's a picture of the car that crashed into it:

LongBranchcollision-e1472904414671.jpg

Photo courtesy of CityNews

And here's the aftermath of the shelter:

29367051411_d4aa5e644a_o.jpg

This is actually my own photo since I took it while I got off the GO Train at Long Branch.

Star has a brief story: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/09/03/two-people-in-critical-condition-following-bus-stop-car-crash.html

The doofus must have been pretty skilled to avoid the poles and the likely waiting taxis assuming the car came in from the east, i.e. was westbound on Lake Shore. A "sporty" Civic coupé; looks like it might have been lowered (or going over a few curbs wiped out the rear suspension). Recent licence plate. 3 AM Saturday night. :rolleyes: